Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:51

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
de 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 14:34 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Some maps still have some huuuge round limits like 7 or 8. We had some days one steamroll after the other on cp_coldfront. Not much fun. Even scrambling didn't help. Could you check the limits please? :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 15:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
from our current setup it will only be cp maps that have numerous rounds, but if you are getting 8 rounds then then means they are going very quickly as the map times are still only 20-25mins long, we could probably cap rounds to 5; and the scrambler needs more work too.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 20:48 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Each round was like 2-3mins and everybody just got hell bored.

Imho more than 4-5 rounds just don't make any sense.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 21:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Cool! noted :D :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 16:18 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Mr Balls has implemented a new map rotation which is now in place.
Quote:
Vanilla:
pl_goldrush
pl_barnblitz
cp_gorge
cp_steel
cp_granary
pl_badwater
cp_gullywash_final1
cp_well
pl_upward
cp_dustbowl
cp_fastlane
pl_frontier_final
cp_gravelpit
cp_badlands
Quote:
nocrtiz:
pl_goldrush
pl_barnblitz
cp_gorge
cp_gullywash_final1
pl_badwater
cp_freight_final1
cp_badlands
pl_frontier_final
cp_steel
Bravo Mr Balls :5:

de 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 17:22 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Quote:
pl_goldrush
pl_barnblitz
What's the idea behind 2 x pl_ followed by 3 x cp_?

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 04:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
My thinking is what you average causal public person would want post each map, but please feedback after playing the new rotation :D

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 20:45 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Miss having cp5_gorge, I thought it was better than cp_gorge.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 21:08 
Likes to type... (229)
I must agree with Junco here :>

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 21:12 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
what are the numbers like on cp_gorge?

cl 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 21:45 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Derp derp derp.

(This was edited out when I noticed he was asking something else... :roll: )

Last edited by PetePorty on 07 Nov 2011, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 21:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
what are the numbers like on cp_gorge?
Actually quite small, but I can't confirm if that's because the map is just unpopular. I do think the tf2 community in general prefer the cp5, I see many servers who run it, but I've only see the attack/defend version here, and on LZ.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 22:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well the impression i got from community feedback was that cp5 was less popular. I would suggest a forum vote, but I doubt it would yield much of a response.

Either way, the community is what is important, and asking them for feedback and opinions is beneficial to everyone so if the need is there we can swap the maps out again.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'll keen an eye on how the cp version does, 5gorge had no problems as I know. I was looking at tf2 stats, seems cp_gorge is more popular, while cp_5gorge has a higher rank (not helpful :? ) might have something to do with cp_gorge being the original version. I think cp5 maps are generally less frustrating and if the teams are stacked it's just a steamroll rather than waiting for the timer to run out, in this case it's between a payload, and another attack and defend.

We could hold a forum vote, but to be honest I only think a few people would be fussed about which version we should use anyway :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 00:58 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
We could hold a forum vote, but to be honest I only think a few people would be fussed about which version we should use anyway :mrgreen:
That's what i said :3

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 03:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
That's what i said :3
Oh you know what I mean :63

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 11:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I know what you mean because it is what I already said :ugly: :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 20:29 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Played the cp version yesterday and it was a massive "you cannot get the 2nd cp with 3 sentries and a banana sniper". People where whining around a bit, but nothing severe I guess. Other team was just to stupid to get the sentries or me down. After team switch I scrambled the teams (cause I did expect the autobalance to do this) and it this time we even didn't got the 1st cp. -_-'

Long story shot: Imho both versions have their up and downs, so I'd put both into the rotation and see what happens.

... or we could start a forum vote. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 20:36 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well cp5 had its stay in the rotation, and most of the feedback was "sigh cp5, gorge is much better" etc etc, so its worth seeing how the normal map stands up by itself.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 23:38 
Crap at posting (38)
It seems like an empty server falls back to the first map on the map rotation. It might be with some reason, but I must say I'm playing Goldrush quite often lately... Would it be possible to let servers go on with their rotation whenever they're empty or not? It would bring more variation to server-fillers. 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 23:56 
CAST MASTER (481)
It falls to Goldrush because of it's popularity as a server filler, but it could be something interesting for us to look into, with times changing and the chance for other maps to gain popularity. I myself have become tired of Goldrush seeming to be the only map ever played on our servers. Thank you for the feedback. :)

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 00:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Goldrush default is useful for matchmaking as it really helps fill it, but I believe there is something broken atm stopping our servers from being picked up in match making. Hopefully someone will be able to look at it when they have time. :D

Cheers for the feedback!

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 03:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeahh have to play so much goldrush on our servers :shock:

bit late, but I don't agree with reducing the amount of rounds on 5cp maps. I'd feel really cheated if we've just come off a spammy big team effort to get the job done attack/def or payload map, and then when we get onto a nice cp5 every rounds steamroll and then it's gone. Currently the scramble will usualyl sort stuff out before the all the time on the map is wasted.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 10:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I don't remember us reducing the amount of cp5 rounds, will look into this.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 13:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I don't remember us reducing the amount of cp5 rounds, will look into this.
Oh no it hasn't changed, was just commenting on somthing banana said, erm but he said ages ago it was like almost 4am and I had been drinking, so nevermind :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 13:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
AFAIK it is still like 8 rounds max, 20-25mins, Max wins 3... but maybe im wrong :S

nl 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 12:30 
Crap at posting (38)
A few days back I was playing on one of the vanilla servers with 6/7 new players online. The map changed to cp_Steel. Players started to get lost and were nagging about the map, well you kinda get the idea, some people left, luckily some people stayed.

Don't get me wrong, In my opinion this is one of the best maps TF2 has to offer so I really want this map to be in the cycle. I always try to help new players find their way so everyone can enjoy the map. On the other hand I do believe that this map isn't doing any good when there's less than 12 players online, because of it's size and complexity.

So I got some idea's:
-Let this map be skipped when there's less than 12 players online (Not sure if that can be done).
-And/or change the order of the map cycle with cp_Steel on lets say #10 so the server has more time to fill up before we get to this map.

Let me know what you think!

And again I really don't mean to have the map removed from the cycle, as it's one of the reasons I play on SpA :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 13:44 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Yeah it's a shame steel gets a bad rap, it's really not confusing at all, and has the best/most interesting attack/defend design of all the A/D TF2 Maps, no idea why people don't bother looking at environment arrows which some poor under paid artist spent lots of time creating and hooking up for people to just ignore them and then complain and blame the map and not their own ability to have simple game/environment awareness.

Anyway, it is none-the-less a good point. However, moving the position in the rotation maybe the simplest solution rather than adjust the exception rule for the amount of players present. I'm dead against removing it though, as I want people to learn good map design and not just settle for badlands and dustbowl as the TF2 norm (dustbowl having some of the worst map design ever).

Cheers for the feedback!

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 14:21 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
And just to add to that, yes it is possible to set a map according to the amount of players. Which we did have in motion up until a couple of days ago when we decided to take it off. Partly because the rotation would just cycle through one map which wasn't the best way to draw people in to play and partly because the servers are not being populated enough due to f2p calming down, to kick the normal map rotation into play.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 15:12 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Anna are you able to copy and paste the dmr code for cp_steel and move it to later in the rotation please? :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next