Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:51

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
gb 
PostPosted: 15 May 2011, 22:33 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Nah, leave Dustbowl its fun. :)

gb 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 01:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
Nah, leave Dustbowl its fun. :)
It will still be in spapoints and able to buy, but there are some maps in the main rotation that are causing some serious drops.

Server was empty by 21:40 today...

gb 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 02:08 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah nightfall, lakeside, and dustbowl, upward really take their toll on the player count. It would be real nice to have freight and cp_gorge on the rotation instead, I like dustbowl, but it's totally not worth getting pummeled in spawn and watching everyone leave.

Any chance on making nightfall not repeat the 1st stage twice? People think they have to do the entire race all over again, to be fair, I'd leave at that point too if I was them.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 10:13 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Junco's points are incredibly valid; and I very much agree.

Last night I gathered some feedback from some players who had concerns and technical issues.

For Anna.

Please can we swap out dustbowl with cp_gorge (max 2 rounds) and plr_hightower with cp_freight_final1.

In the cfg, can we please set pl_upward to 2 rounds max.

I highly suggest that we bench frontier and nightfall, but ensure that they are still in the spapoints menu. In the cfg, can we please set nightfall and all payload race maps to 1 round.

For Tech Team

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Mr Propz was enquiring when the custom SpA server menu was going to be updated and if it is still possible? *EDIT: FIXED! (until valve break the GUI again) Thank you ditch, legend!

Zombiestalin and a few others were having issue with auto-rejoin. Basically, since the replay update on the server, if a player sits with auto-rejoin on they will keep joining and being booted on loop; which I believe has something to do with the "replay" player. Is there away of resolving this, because this is causing player decline as they sit there patiently waiting, finally get a slot, then get booted. It hasn't been an issue for players without a reserved slot until the replay update, so the bug must be something to do with that. Is it possible to get a resolution for this? - PENDING - This is a known problem and not yet fixed. The community doesn't know yet if this is something that VALVe or Sourcemod needs to fix.

Cheers, it's appreciated.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 12:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Hi,

Is it possible for us to check if we can fix the following issues that have been brought to our attention in recent games.

In addition to the feedback in the above post.
- Can we please possibly set cp_gorge5 to 3 rounds max and 20mins.
- Can we please look into the cfg settings for eqypt as last time we played it, it ended abruptly on the 2nd stage on the first teams go at defending. (And Amyl went mental!! :ugly: )

Thank you, we would be very grateful if we could check these.

we.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 13:20 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Changes to cp_5gorge
Quote:
timelimit 20
maxrounds 3
egypt_final is set to maxrounds 2
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:

Please can we swap out dustbowl with cp_gorge (max 2 rounds) and plr_hightower with cp_freight_final1.

I highly suggest that we bench frontier and nightfall, but ensure that they are still in the spapoints menu. In the cfg, can we please set nightfall and all payload race maps to 1 round.
cp_gorge is already in the rotation. Any other map you would like?

I don't see a map called pl_upward :( Also you ask for all pl maps to 1 round, if upward is indeed a map then it too is a payload right? So I'll leave that one for now :mrgreen:

What maps would you like to replace frontier and nightfall to?

gb 
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 22:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
annarack wrote:
Changes to cp_5gorge
Quote:
timelimit 20
maxrounds 3
egypt_final is set to maxrounds 2

cp_gorge is already in the rotation. Any other map you would like?

I don't see a map called pl_upward :( Also you ask for all pl maps to 1 round, if upward is indeed a map then it too is a payload right? So I'll leave that one for now :mrgreen:

What maps would you like to replace frontier and nightfall to?
:mrgreen:

No cp_5gorge is in rotation, cp_gorge is only purchasable by spa points atm. (unless the rotation has been changed without it being announced here)

pl_upward is in the spapoints menu, and should share the same cfg attributed as the other payload maps, i.e. 2 rounds. But last time we played it, it went on for longer than 2 rounds.

We asked that payload race (plr) maps are set to be 1 round. pl_ upward (pl) is payload and should be two rounds only.

I didn't suggest replacing nightfall and frontier, just benching them, keep them in spapoints for now :)

gb 
PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 22:16 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yeah, sorry, I was having a blonde moment and got a bit confused :oops:

de 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 11:35 
Geek (630)
replace dustbowl with cp_gorge (2 rounds max) and replace hightower with freight please
Disagree:)

Do not remove dustbowl but add cp_gorge(2 rounds max) and replace hightower with freight.
Also maybe we should have at least one map with the intelligence in the rotation.

ro 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 12:30 
Geek (736)
Please remove that 3 stage payload map, not sure name now, may be lakeside. Is emptying server faster than a bad smell fart empty a small room.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 15:38 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
dunken, bam, im on it, :5: nightfall has had its time!!!, and cp_gorge with 2 rounds max is very funny i find!

what ctf map were you thinking of dunken?

be 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 16:08 
Doesn't get out much (335)
dunken, bam, im on it, :5: nightfall has had its time!!!, and cp_gorge with 2 rounds max is very funny i find!

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=11703
Having this one would be amazing imo, but then again people are generally against introducing new/non-standard stuff

jakezasnake1 wrote:
i got angry so i made a penis

ee 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 16:15 
Likes to type... (233)
These maps can be made by ourselves right? So, in theory, we could make an awesome unique SpA map? ... How hard could it be? :ugly:

be 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 16:24 
matude wrote:
These maps can be made by ourselves right? So, in theory, we could make an awesome unique SpA map? ... How hard could it be? :ugly:
really fucking hard.

jakezasnake1 wrote:

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 16:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
about 6months to get a decent playable whitebox, then 3months of art, then about 3-4 months of balancing tweaks and bug fixing ^^

a good custom map will still always be hated by the public, they only want to play badlands... :roll:

be 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2011, 18:39 
about 6months to get a decent playable whitebox, then 3months of art, then about 3-4 months of balancing tweaks and bug fixing ^^

a good custom map will still always be hated by the public, they only want to play badlands... :roll:
I hate badlands, in public ._.

jakezasnake1 wrote:

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2011, 11:25 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
Pinky wrote:

I hate badlands, in public ._.
:50
Don't bash my baby :26

We Shall Not Be Moved!

de 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 20:10 
Geek (630)
Dunno really what the most popular would be as i havent played one for a long time:)

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 21:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
The new map rotation is in development, but i'm a bit dubious about adding one to the standard rotation. But obviously, it is still available in spapoints.
I couldn't say myself which is the most popular, as we don't play them enough on the server in fear of player decline. Probably is worth buying some and seeing how the people react i guess. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 02:41 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Probably is worth buying some and seeing how the people react i guess. :D
or putting them on the rotation :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 10:10 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Probably is worth buying some and seeing how the people react i guess. :D
which map then? - my point was, putting any random ctf map on constant rotation is not a good idea at all, unless it is a proven crowd pleaser; which is why I suggested buying more ctf maps when the server is at it's peak and monitoring the reaction of the player base and not just putting one in and seeing how it goes; which then leads back to the original question, which one? Chucking in a potential server killer may not be suggestible at this point.

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 10:36 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]annarack wrote:

which map then? - my point was, putting any random ctf map on constant rotation is not a good idea at all, unless it is a proven crowd pleaser; which is why I suggested buying more ctf maps when the server is at it's peak and monitoring the reaction of the player base and not just putting one in and seeing how it goes; which then leads back to the original question, which one? Chucking in a potential server killer may not be suggestible at this point.
DMR is flexible enough to have a certain ctf map to only play between times xx:xx - yy:yy and only with a X amount of minimum players. This will cause a ctf map just to come very ocasionally during peak hours.

You could check the VALVe/steam map statistics to find the most played once, and perhaps our own hlstatsx info can aid some in that.

be 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 10:48 
[SpA]annarack wrote:

ctf_Rippleside, moddafukka.
inb4 fut saying that :>

jakezasnake1 wrote:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 10:55 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
DMR is flexible enough to have a certain ctf map to only play between times xx:xx - yy:yy and only with a X amount of minimum players. This will cause a ctf map just to come very ocasionally during peak hours.
Sure but that is pretty much the same frequency as a regular just buying a ctf map.

Also, if its a late hour, we plan to have the dynamic rotation select a smaller map or a ctf purely to accommodate the smaller players numbers. However, what Dunken is asking for is a ctf map to come on in regular rotation and assuminglywhen the server is at peak levels. But, if the server has less players but its still early we intend to have the server select a popular map to boost numbers, whereas launching a ctf may have the opposite and undesired effects.
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
You could check the VALVe/steam map statistics to find the most played once, and perhaps our own hlstatsx info can aid some in that.
I'll save you the time, globally, it's 2fort ^^

But from our stat's, the most played ctf is turbine, but I personally wouldn't recommend that going into rotation, as we would have another nightfall on our hands.

my 2 cents though
thePink wrote:
ctf_Rippleside, moddafukka.
nah, too much splash damage absorption :ugly: :mrgreen:

cz 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 13:51 
Doesn't get out much (338)
I'm not sure, but is the new map, Barnblitz, in default rotation and in the spa_points menu?

I dunno how about the others, but I wouldn't mind it even twice in the default rotation, because it's new and shiny. And when I join, it's always badlands :|

Just my two cents. :18

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 14:09 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yes, Barnblitz is in the rotation and in the SpA points. Good idea though to put it in twice seeing as it's a new map :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 15:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Sounds good to me, to be fair, it's a short map, it is very fun, it's got lot of interesting places that I keep finding. Ill add your feedback to my suggestion post im preparing. :D

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 16:19 
Community slut (13473)
Twice? SpA points! Use them :wink:

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 16:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
This as well :D (though ive almost spent all of mine, so i shud really sort my donation out soon :D)

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 17:25 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Or let other people buy it :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next