Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:21

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
nl 
 Post subject: Re: Mobster Monday
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:30 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Unity wrote:
Question: Do we have a plain vanilla server running?
I'm working on that. So in a bit, yes.
No need to hurry. I think with this update most want to check out the new stuff. But i know i want to play the vanilla soon again.
All this new crap... its not for me. Just give me the oldschool tf2 version.

We Shall Not Be Moved!

Last edited by [SpA]Unity on 24 Jun 2011, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:31 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Unity wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

I'm working on that. So in a bit, yes.
No need to hurry. I think with this update most want to check out the new stuff. But i for know i want to play the vanilla soon again.
All this new crap... its not for me. Just give me the oldschool tf2 version.
My thoughts exactly :5:

#edit

How vanilla did you want it to get? Cause I was playing with 2 thoughs;

- Vanilla as defined by valve (with unlocks etc)
- Vanilla as TF2 right after launch vanilla

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:39 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
So is there a way of taking away the pyro gas blast from the vanilla server then? Should probably take out all the lethal taunts too.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:45 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
So is there a way of taking away the pyro gas blast from the vanilla server then? Should probably take out all the lethal taunts too.
There are indeed plugins available which will block everything released after the origional TF2 release.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:48 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
What the hell are strange items? :shock:

also

lol, new misc item, and quite a funny tf2 joke ^^

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 10:53 
Community slut (13473)
We just experienced the first server crash.

If you are playing and the server crashes, please provide us with as much detailed info as possible!

- server name, player map, amount of players online, did anything special happen such as mapchange, round end, point cap etc.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:02 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
they gave solly a weapon that practically one-hit kills a medic, like the equilizer, but you can do it at close to 300 hp

so if tf2 is gonna have a free-to-play version without unlocks (rumours abound about this) then basically valve are giving out unlocks which super-buff the classes to the point that vanilla can barely compete. means people without the full version are gonna get raped by critscouts and one-hit sollys and heavies with ninjanukes up their bums (or something) and fuck know what else - meaning they gotta buy the full version to be able to even compete

gg valve

And its stuff like this that has put me off tf2, not what Valve are doing, the pointless whining.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:05 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
they gave solly a weapon that practically one-hit kills a medic, like the equilizer, but you can do it at close to 300 hp

so if tf2 is gonna have a free-to-play version without unlocks (rumours abound about this) then basically valve are giving out unlocks which super-buff the classes to the point that vanilla can barely compete. means people without the full version are gonna get raped by critscouts and one-hit sollys and heavies with ninjanukes up their bums (or something) and fuck know what else - meaning they gotta buy the full version to be able to even compete

gg valve

And its stuff like this that has put me off tf2, not what Valve are doing, the pointless whining.
As i said before, you give a noob the most powerful gun in the game, they are still just a noob who can't work a powerful gun.

be 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:11 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Also, people seem to think that only their opponents get to use the unbalanced weapons. If anything is added, it's added for everyone, you can use it too.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:16 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
This just popped up in my mind: Are we going to get more griefers/cheaters/hAxx now?
Now the game is free, if you get banned you can just create another acc. for free...

We Shall Not Be Moved!

de 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:23 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Detonator jumping is not possible at the moment. :(

I hope they fix it, you can barely get up on ledges the height of 1-1,5 pyros at the moment, thats nothing compared to the beta flarejumping I remember.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Unity wrote:
This just popped up in my mind: Are we going to get more griefers/cheaters/hAxx now?
Now the game is free, if you get banned you can just create another acc. for free...
Bring them on, get your ban hammer ready!

This shouldn't be too much of an issue, they would have to be very determined to keep creating accounts just to grief one server, normally those idiots just move on to the next one until they are banned from all. If we get an influx of trouble makers, just be stern, this shit shouldn't be tolerated!

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:36 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:

gg valve
I always give all my unlocks away. I play with default weapons (cept for melee), don't see any issue there for the free players.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:

gg valve
I always give all my unlocks away. I play with default weapons (cept for melee), don't see any issue there for the free players.
Saint and his charity for providing the youth of today with weapons of mass destruction lol ^^ :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 11:52 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
"Q. Won’t going Free to Play mean more griefers and cheaters?
We’re increasing our focus on making sure that hostile players can’t
ruin your fun. Specifically, we’ll be keeping a close eye on players
exploiting the ability to make infinite free accounts to bypass bans.
We’ve built systems that’ll allow us to measure and track what these
players are doing, and respond quickly."

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 12:02 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Saint and his charity for providing the youth of today with weapons of mass destruction lol ^^ :5:
I'll take that as a compliment :mrgreen: :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 12:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:

It was ^^ Saint provides the players with more means of killing each other ^^

se 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 12:37 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Quote:
Trading: Receive items only Full trading
Expected them to be more restrictive on this...

[SpA]Unity wrote:
My first thought

From the FAQ
Quote:
Q. Won’t going Free to Play mean more griefers and cheaters?
We’re increasing our focus on making sure that hostile players can’t ruin your fun. Specifically, we’ll be keeping a close eye on players exploiting the ability to make infinite free accounts to bypass bans. We’ve built systems that’ll allow us to measure and track what these players are doing, and respond quickly.

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 13:27 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]annarack wrote:

It was ^^ Saint provides the players with more means of killing each other ^^
Correction: Player as in me :5:

de 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 17:15 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
I want that wheelchair for the demo! :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 17:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Wouldn't pyro need the airblast to be useful? Not much point in playing him vanilla without airblast, he'd just be cannon fodder :ugly:

se 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 17:53 
Likes to type... (284)
Pretty sweet update. Guess I have to start playing again. ^_<

The medic video was extremely awesome, really, really awesome. The spy one is probably still my favorite though.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 18:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Loke wrote:
Pretty sweet update. Guess I have to start playing again. ^_<

The medic video was extremely awesome, really, really awesome. The spy one is probably still my favorite though.
spy one is my fav too !

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 19:41 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:

gg valve

it's not really a 'qq weapons' whine like everything else tho. i don't usually care about this stuff but it in this instance it was like valve were forcing people into buying the full game when they were, allegedly, allowing people to play it for free. but now that there are gonna be certain servers for 'vanilla mode' then it doesn't matter so much, as people can enjoy the game without having to worry about getting unlocks etc.

also, meet the medic = everything forgiven. that... i've been waiting so long for that and i'm not disappointed in the slightest :mrgreen: gonna go watch it for the 3rd time running holy fuckholyfuckholyffffffffffffffffff

be 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 19:55 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
As I said before, free players will be able to get all unlockables that aren't cosmetic. Don't people read anymore?

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 20:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
i do read, i just read something different to what you said :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 08:58 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Im owning noobs so hard with the new demo set. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 09:55 
Likes to type... (250)
I am loving the new minigun!!! And it sounds great too!!!

:4 Scouse :4

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 11:19 
Likes to type... (279)
Dekar wrote:
Im owning noobs so hard with the new demo set. :mrgreen:
Yeah, i thought the set would be fairly useless with the grenade launcher, but it seems to be the most powerful loadout for demo i've used yet. And the tomislav is so overpowered, dunno how that one got through testing :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 12:10 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
The Soldiers whip is just awesome. Absolutely brilliant support item especially when used on a Heavy. :lol: :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next