Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:57

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
 Post subject: Mobster Monday
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 07:16 
Likes to type... (250)
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/21/new-i ... er-update/

Activate nerd shivers and/or chills. Team Fortress 2′s official website was just updated to showcase the incoming Über Update, and this looks like the update to be crowned king of all free content updates. Hailed as the “biggest, most ambitious” addition of content in TF2′s history, it’s sure to be a doozy. With the announcement of Mobster Monday items for the Spy and Heavy classes, confirmation of the incoming Meet the Medic video, and a new Payload map, we’re already itching to try out all the new goodies. Check out what’s coming your way when the update gets released this Thursday!

Black Market Business—The Heavy
Tomislav: Who would’ve thought the Heavy could be a stealthy killer? With the silent spin-up of this sleek-looking mini-gun, you can hide behind corners fully revved, then guffaw when an unlucky passerby Pyro or Scout goes from full health to obliterated in seconds.
The Family Business: Managing Editor Chris Comiskey, perhaps better known as Havoc06 the Heinous and Hated Heavy (or just Havoc06), drooled a bit when he saw this sweet shotgun. Now you won’t have to cry manly tears if your mini-gun goes empty in the middle of an Übercharge.
The Eviction Notice: This makes an excellent complement to the Buffalo Steak Sandvich—grab a bite to eat, then throw out mini-crit fists at the speed of light that’ll turn your target’s jaw into jelly.

The Man of Honor—The Spy
The Enforcer: Not every Spy has to be obsessed with backstabbing all the time. There’s always the age-old technique of creeping up to a Sniper nest, then plugging them full of lead before they even know what hit them. Serves them right for wearing the Razorback.
The Big Earner: With the extra cloak this dagger generates, we foresee huge potential for running backstab loops around your favorite map. You’ll be like Batman, darting from enemy to enemy before disappearing altogether. Just watch out for those stray rockets and grenades.
The Made Man: If you want to upgrade your taunt, which is just as crucial as upgrading your weapon, this looks to be the pick. Incite fury in your opponents by wishing that they rest in peace—they would’ve wanted it that way. Or, simply cackle with glee as your flick a rose onto the corpse of your enemy.

:4 Scouse :4

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Mobster Monday
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 10:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

New shotgun sounds fun :D and the rose is a great idea!

now i just need a new spy hat :S

ro 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 10:53 
Geek (736)
Doing so much updates (zillion new weaponshatsblabla) now and then they kind of ruin the thrill, at least for me. I remember good old days when I was hunting any info and starring at the "library" to see if update started.
Now I'm like.."yeah, an update, so? they only fuck our servers"
:(

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 11:18 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
as much as the updates too fuck up the original game, i do still really enjoy the new art and 3d models ^^ im assuming that these were made by valve and not the community

rose idea is cool thou! is that like an action?

be 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 12:09 
Doesn't get out much (335)
1) Useless weapons. The minigun does sound interesting, but heavy is a piece of boring wank in pub and comp+unlocks=nono, so yea :-14
2) What bam said. DON'T LEAVE US SERVER, WE STILL LOVE U
3) inb4 50gb update and I can't play tf2 for a week because of my bloody limited internet at uni ;_;

Where are the days that my heart was pure enough to get excited over stuff that breaks the best game I know

jakezasnake1 wrote:
i got angry so i made a penis

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 12:28 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
new weapons = who cares
meet the medic = :D

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 12:31 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
MEDIC UPDATE! :twisted:

That is all......

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 13:31 
Likes to type... (279)
God, why does every spy unlock only seem to make the Dead Ringer more powerful, would be nice to see some love for my beloved Cloak and Dagger :evil: Oh well, at least it gives me another reason to slaughter every dead ringer i see :twisted:

New Heavy mini gun seems a little overpowered, if a Tomislav Heavy and Sasha Heavy revved up at the same time and started firing as soon as possible, the tomislav would be doing more damage than Sasha for 3.5 seconds, which is an eternity in an fps. Plus -20% dps seems rather irrelivent when he already does 500dps at closs range :shock:

Thank god for a new heavy secondary that he doesn't have to eat, do wish it had slightly faster rate of fire as well though but that would probably be overpowered as hell. Though what a beautiful looking shotgun it is :twisted:

The eviction notice seems kinda lacklustre, though could be interesting with the steak. And how exactly does adding spiked brass knuckles to the heavy’s fists make them faster and deal LESS damage, maybe they should switch the stats with the KGB :? Though they'd still never see use over the G.R.U

I kinda miss the days when Heavy took a little forethought to play, now all of his weeknesses just seem to be lessened one by one. Might need to see any possible other changes coming for the heavy to pass judgement such as set bonus or any changes to the tomislav (it looks like its missing a spinning barrel so maybe it can't stay revved up unless it’s firing?). Though I think this update may well get me out of the gaming slump I’ve been in lately and bring me back for some puff and stinging goodness :twisted:

And Meet the Medic? Oh FUCKING Hell yes :4

ee 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 14:05 
Likes to type... (233)
Oo awesome, this new spy stuff might just be what will make me put down the Saharan Spy set and start manual-disguising again. :)

de 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 14:16 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
New knife sucks, the only thing its useful for is DR uncloaking directly behind an enemy, stabbing him and getting 30%(knife)+35%(metal) cloak back to offset the 60% minimum cloak loss and activate DR immediately again.
The downside of this plan is that the knife is not Eternal Reward and everybody across half the map can hear you, so its kinda useless.

Will probably switch back to normal spying again so I can wear my black Fedora with the flower. :mrgreen:

se 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 14:51 
Geek (970)
I spy (pun intended (yea, I know it's lame)) a new knife to add to my collection :)
More options are always welcomed, but I'm still waiting for a hookshot a la zelda :P

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 15:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
gun models are fantastic ^^

se 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 15:45 
Geek (970)
Heavy's new shotgun looks cool, but the new snub-nosed revolver they're handing the spy doesn't appeal to me.
Maybe I'm compensating, but I really like the look of the ambassador ;P Too bad it's badassness isn't reflected in the numbers;
I'd rather have it do more damage than the normal one and slower fire rate and skip the whole head-shot part, even though it is useful :)
Oh well, one can dream.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 15:51 
CAST MASTER (481)
I have the hardest erection for this update, its like valve saw how I played spy, and went "Damn we need to make him better", happy days my friend, The Dawn on the Zombie begins. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 16:05 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
ZombieStalin wrote:
I have the hardest erection for this update, its like valve saw how I played spy, and went "Damn we need to make him better", happy days my friend, The Dawn on the Zombie begins. :D
I'll be there to burn you Zombie

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 16:23 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Gonna be a nigtmare with gasjockey set :cry: I can see them nerfing a few things though. Can't wait to see them ingame, and I bet there's probably gonna be new sets for all, or most the classes.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 16:34 
CAST MASTER (481)
You can't burn me, I am already a blaze with passion for war!!!!!

Besides the attendent set is god like, what are you complaining about Junco. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 17:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Well cause of death is often running into heavys around corners, but you can run away during or upon hearing their spin up, but erm not sure how I'll fair against the silent and speedy Tomislav. The default spy pistol can kill Gasjockeys in 3 shots since the recent buff (I like the buff though, you can just shoot razorback snipers, withput needing the ambassador) so this new spy gun will do 30% damage against me :o not sure if it will even have a drawback against deadringers hm if not I'll want it for my spy detective 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 17:44 
Crap at posting (40)
I'm quite excited about the new payload map, however it does look quite similar to Nightfall :( I just hope that as it isn't a payload race it will improve it :?

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 17:45 
CAST MASTER (481)
Hmmm, well at least it is something valve made for once...oh where art thou valve? Why have you forsaken me!

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 17:46 
Likes to type... (279)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Well cause of death is often running into heavys around corners, but you can run away during or upon hearing their spin up, but erm not sure how I'll fair against the silent and speedy Tomislav. The default spy pistol can kill Gasjockeys in 3 shots since the recent buff (I like the buff though, you can just shoot razorback snipers, withput needing the ambassador) so this new spy gun will do 30% damage against me :o not sure if it will even have a drawback against deadringers hm if not I'll want it for my spy detective 8)
shouldn't have a downside since the dead ringer cloaks instantly, thus making the downside irrelevant. Its the same with the sahara spy set, which increases the time your visible when you bump into someone, the deadringer by default doesn't make you visible when you bump into people until you start using the cloak time gained by picking up metal :(

Edit: oh, and theres been a possible leak from the steam traslation servers, so its possible that some of these things may be added into the game, though take it with a pinch of salt since the spy pack wasn't listed on there,
Quote:
They're translating some new hats and some new sets for an update happening soonish...

From the Steam Translation Server

New hats

Pocket Medic Misc
Heavy Luchador Hat
Scout Hoodie
Potato hat is getting the uncovered hat as a style
"Splendid Screen" 4 style available
"Villain's Veil" 2 styles

New weapons

Desert Sniper http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73187

Desert Demo (i'll see if i can find a picture for this, seen it once before but can't find it now)

Mean Medicine http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73316 - The overdoses stats seem to be the ones they were testing on the beta

Beta Syringe Gun
* Applies Mad Milk for 2 second
* 50% slower firing rate
* 50% less damage

Junkyard Justice http://imageshack.us/f/21/dumpsterpackpromo.jpg/

Black Market Heavy Image

New Minigun, called the Goal Keeper, that can destroy projectiles in mid air

Beta Syringe gun is called the Overdose

New unusuals
Red Balloon, Green Beany, Beany Hearts, Beany Targets, Beany TF logo, Glowing Halo and Storm Cloud particles

New gameplay modes
Raid Mode and Specialty. No info given on them

Misc
"Custom Textures" a badge that lets you import an image to put on a badge
"Paint Effects"
New hats have styles

These are merely strings of text that have to be translated, so there isn't much as far as content goes. Links to actual items is speculation.

I'll update as I get more info. This is coming from a chat server and someone who is in the translation program

String dump may be coming soon
Theres also rumors of a couple on new engi weapons based on this pack http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73772, the pulse cannon and nuclear hammer.

be 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 18:39 
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Quote:
New Minigun, called the Goal Keeper, that can destroy projectiles in mid air
That most be the worst thing I have heard in my entire life

jakezasnake1 wrote:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 19:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I thought all the new stuff was going to be mobster themed?

that sniper stuff was really well made, the other stuff is a bit iffy.

I REALLY hope the cigar for the heavy is a misc item :D

be 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 19:18 
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:

Quote:
These are merely strings of text that have to be translated, so there isn't much as far as content goes. Links to actual items is speculation.

jakezasnake1 wrote:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 19:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Theres also rumors of a couple on new engi weapons based on this pack http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73772, the pulse cannon and nuclear hammer.
I think that will be tomorrow as Tesla Tuesday, I did actually see most of this, but I thought it was just bullshit that they're throwing in unused ploycount sets, but I guess I was wrong. The soldier one was a bit rubbish though :| ahahahahaahaohshitahaha

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 19:42 
Likes to type... (250)
I am so excited about these new updates that I have had to take Friday off work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:4 Scouse :4

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2011, 21:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Pinky wrote:
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:

Quote:
yeah im not really sure what they mean by translated, anyway, i read it at work pinky and i was in a hurry, you know what work is right?
^^

:P

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 00:20 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Need more time to play TF2 and enjoy these updates!

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 02:18 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
New sniper rifle sounds fun, and not wank like the sleeper!
Bet people will moan about the demo stuff making him op, they dont seem to have any negative effects kinda.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2011, 02:24 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Most of the weapons so far look like they could be pretty op hm :|

Sniper rifle must not charge until a headshot, or have a shitty scope, I dunno. Not sure what the shield does exactly can someone explain?