Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:50

All times are UTC+01:00

fi 
 Post subject: Re: Protesting a ban
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 01:33 
Illiterate (8)
[SpA]GeneralKaos wrote:
Just my two pennies worth, but this is the most half assed appeal I have ever seen.

No apology, no regret, quite bluntly worded and at first denying he'd even done anything wrong....

I believe in second chances two, but you know what? If you were sorry and genuinely wanted back into the best gaming community there is (which we are woohoooo) then some form of 'passion' and 'regret' would have been nice to see.

Our servers are swamped with nice, fun loving, new people right now.... Do we need this dude? Really??

Just my two pennies worth!
When did I ever deny having done anything wrong?
I wrote:
A long time ago I was permabanned for typing vulgarities in the chat. I think a permaban is bit excessive.
My post strongly implies that I did do something wrong.

It's bluntly worded because frankly there's not a whole lot to say. Got banned a bunch of time ago --> I want to get unbanned
Quote:
some form of 'passion' and 'regret' would have been nice to see.
If I had typed "oh I am so sorry for doing what I did please forgive me bohoo", it would've seemed rather desperate and silly in my view.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 02:13 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
God dammit kaos, its always black and white with you isn't it! Never shades of rouge! :roll:

at 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 03:01 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
[SpA]Relentless wrote:
Make them watch anime? Isn't that going a bit too far? :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 03:24 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
It is evident that you were banned a long time ago, but as Kaos has mentioned, no apology, no explanation, not even some lame excuse blaming it on your little brother. So it is difficult for one to believe that you truly know where your mistake's lie in your banning. All the evidence points to the reasons why you were banned, you have given no or little evidence of any change in your personality to help you with your appeal to be unbanned.

You may think an apology is groveling, undermining or desparate but an apology can show your maturity, your sincerity and your honesty. I think you may want to reconsider your views on apologies, especially to the one that banned you in the first place and to the community, and also to help convince that you are genuinly sorry for your unfortunate history.

de 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 08:00 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Let him donate some money to proof he is serious! :D

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 10:06 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
It is evident that you were banned a long time ago, but as Kaos has mentioned, no apology, no explanation, not even some lame excuse blaming it on your little brother. So it is difficult for one to believe that you truly know where your mistake's lie in your banning. All the evidence points to the reasons why you were banned, you have given no or little evidence of any change in your personality to help you with your appeal to be unbanned.

You may think an apology is groveling, undermining or desparate but an apology can show your maturity, your sincerity and your honesty. I think you may want to reconsider your views on apologies, especially to the one that banned you in the first place and to the community, and also to help convince that you are genuinly sorry for your unfortunate history.
But he is 3 years older now! :ugly:

lawl :mrgreen:

fi 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 11:14 
Illiterate (8)
[SpA]annarack wrote:

OK I AM SORRY

See how honest that looks? Apologies, especially ones on the internet, always seem dishonest to me and the ulterior motives behind them are usually obvious. That's why I generally don't give apologies on the internet.

And why would I make up some excuse? "oh my cat stepped on my keyboard when I was playing TF2 and he managed to press y, followed by profanities, followed by enter" I have enough respect for your intelligence to realise that you're not going to buy that.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 11:17 
Community slut (13473)
Brutwarst wrote:
[SpA]annarack wrote:

OK I AM SORRY

See how honest that looks? Apologies, especially ones on the internet, always seem dishonest to me and the ulterior motives behind them are usually obvious. That's why I generally don't give apologies on the internet.

And why would I make up some excuse? "oh my cat stepped on my keyboard when I was playing TF2 and he managed to press y, followed by profanities, followed by enter" I have enough respect for your intelligence to realise that you're not going to buy that.
We still have (sometimes) faith in people, so I'd say, give it a try (You might want to read up on the Patogy case, you'll get a picture on how we work then :mrgreen: )

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 11:35 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I'm curious; I'd like to hear why you are so desperate to play on our servers again?

Surely you can't be banned from all of the servers out there?

fi 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 12:19 
Illiterate (8)
A friend of mine tends to play on SpecialAttack servers and I'd like to play with him

hence my ban protest

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 12:44 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
What is your friends name, maybe he can come on this thread and vouch for you

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 14:10 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Could just unban him, and see how it goes, I doubt anyone would go this length to get banned again.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 14:39 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Brutwarst wrote:
[SpA]annarack wrote:

OK I AM SORRY

Whether you think apologies look sincere on the internet or not, it's a start isn't it? Same as making up some lame excuse, it could bring out a little humour; we all have some level of intelligence to realise how lame an excuse is!!!

Nevertheless, we will lift your ban. But be aware, you will be under the watch of the whole community.

Welcome back and have fun on our servers again.

fi 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 14:46 
Illiterate (8)
Thank you

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 15:05 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
You are welcome. Don't forget to register your steam account so you can start collecting SpA Points.

http://www.specialattack.net/spa-points

Click that link above and follow the instructions.

See you on the serves. :5: