Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:41

All times are UTC+01:00

be 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 18:08 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Send em all to me in a pm in whatever format you like. It's basically Saint who's got to be worried about the format as he's the one who'll implement it.
As long as I get some sort of text, I'm happy.

ro 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2011, 19:59 
Geek (736)
Now seroius, I'm crap at explaining in english, and even crap when I have to explain something that I feel, not "think" (I'm talking about when I'm acting decent, not 1 v 6 :P). But, I can give a try and put some ideas in Pinky notes (if he doesn't put in already)

be 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 08:36 
Doesn't get out much (335)
[SpA]BAM wrote:
Now seroius, I'm crap at explaining in english, and even crap when I have to explain something that I feel, not "think" (I'm talking about when I'm acting decent, not 1 v 6 :P). But, I can give a try and put some ideas in Pinky notes (if he doesn't put in already)
Just give me all you got, and i'll try and make a pseudo-funny text out of it.

jakezasnake1 wrote:
i got angry so i made a penis

be 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 11:44 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Important Update!

People that have been assigned to write guides for certain classes are now head writer for that class.
They should write a first draft of their guide and post it to me (this version can be rough around the edges, that's fine).
I'll make these guides public (after some proof reading) so others can add information and improve certain tips.
These people will be credited as writers.

Exactly which changes made by the writers will be added in the final version will be decided by me and the head writer for the concerning class(es).

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 11:50 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
It was a long time before I realised I could rotate the engineers buildings!

de 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 12:25 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Dont forget that engi teleport exits can self destruct when placed under an obstacle. :ugly:

be 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 18:05 
Just to double-check here after zombie told me; What you want is a list of hints/tips/tricks, rather than a full text guide?

jakezasnake1 wrote:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 18:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Pinky wrote:
Just to double-check here after zombie told me; What you want is a list of hints/tips/tricks, rather than a full text guide?
Hints/Tips should be a similar style to the loading screen hints and tips, but not obvious stuff like "Bullets are bad for you". Probably best to keep each tip to about 2 sentences max where possible. You don't need to be too fancy with the language either, just get to the point in the most concise way possible. :D

be 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 20:19 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Zombie sent me his first draft earlier today.
It was exactly what I'm looking for. Here it is as an example.

EDIT: I'm going to do some editing on it so the tips are placed further apart and key words will be in bold. The goal is that people can look up information they need quickly so they don't need to read walls of text before they get to the point they are interested in.

Attachments:
File comment: ZombieStalin's Scout tips and tricks.
SpA Tips and Tricks SCOUT.docx [23.7 KiB]
Downloaded 111 times

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 23:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Nice one Zombie that is awesome! :5:

"The Boston Basher/Three-Rune Blade can effectively chip enemies down when hit with them. Be warned that if you hit yourself you’re going to deal a lot of damage, but the plus side is you can help friendly Medics build up their Ubercharges at an increased rate. "

Might want to edit this one slightly, because you don't hit yourself, you miss the target, but it is referred to as hitting yourself. Just to avoid confusion a bit.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 23:21 
CAST MASTER (481)
Ah yes, the simple edits, this is what we need the community for Mr. Balls, :D

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2011, 14:28 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I'll read them today, and then tear them up with my critical eye! :twisted:

be 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 13:51 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Bumping this.

Come on guys, we still need a few people to write up some short tips!

I think I might give out a few SpA-points to everyone who has pitched in so if you're interested please let me know in this thread, via pm or on Steam :18

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 18:31 
CAST MASTER (481)
Money! MONEY!...

Sorry I mean POINTS! YAY!

Well if this doesn't get any more interest by next week i will write all of the guides that are left to do.

And no one wants that. See I used an "and" at the beginning of a sentence, I'm batshit insane with syntax....or whatever it is, and something will be spelt wrong :D

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 21:25 
Crap at posting (40)
Did you get the guide for heavy that i emailed to zombie? :)

Also i could write any of the others that haven't been done if you want. I have about 4 weeks until i do anything worthwhile :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 01:00 
Likes to type... (279)
I'll probably try and get some tips together for pyro, though i'm not sure when i'll have the time, just started full time and now i'm exausted all the time since i'm so used to part time. Plus my pyro skills have witherered quite a lot over the years sadly :cry:

fi 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 12:53 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (119)
I'd like to do some tips for Engineer, but since English is not my native language i'm not feeling too confident about it. :oops: But I could give it a try.

be 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 12:56 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Hey man, don't worry about that. I review all the guides for spelling and grammar so if an error sneaks past it's me to blame :P .

Adding you as head writer for Engineer. :5:

Edit: that's fine, Wildblaze, we could always have another head writer for Pyro who you can work with. You'd just be adding a few tips and improving on others.
We just need a head writer who can write an entire compendium of a class's tips first.

be 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 13:04 
My exams are coming up so I'm not sure whether I'll actually get my guides done. Unless you're willing to wait a month for them~

jakezasnake1 wrote:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 13:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I may have some time to do sniper on the weekend.

be 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 13:29 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
All yours, Balls!

And Pinky, I'll leave you assigned as head writer (mainly cause the original post looks so nice and green now :-)) but I'll try and look for replacements.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 14:07 
Likes to type... (279)
Just been jotting down some notes for the pyro weapons over the last few days whenever i've found a min spare, noticed that i have a tendancy to go into too much detail though. i don't really know if its possible to do any real guide on pyro without a weapons section though since hes so dependant on his unlocks and weapon combos. I'm assuming what i've put down is a little too much to be just quick tips, but anyone got any ideas on how to trim it down?

I'll go into other things like airblasting tips and other stuff after the weapons.

Looks more along the lines of a guide rather than tips, might look at doing both if i can find the time, if i can turn even one pyro into a pybro , then thats worth the trouble

Attachments:
SpA Tips and Tricks PYRO.docx [19.52 KiB]
Downloaded 88 times

be 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 14:09 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Going over the weapons is actually very good. Take a look at Zombie's Scout guide that I posted here as a .docx and in its own thread completely written out.
That's the sort of thing we want.

de 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Airblast is 25 ammo, not 20?

You should write that the shotgun deals more damage per second than the flamethrower in close range against a single target. :cry:

Pyro can destroy sentries around corners without getting attacked by them with any flamethrower.

I guess you will add some loadout examples for puff&sting, faster movement, engi slave and ambusher alone behind enemy lines at the end.

Last edited by [SpA]Dekar on 12 Aug 2011, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 15:35 
Community slut (13473)
Dekar wrote:
Airblast is 25 ammo, not 20?

You should write that the shotgun deals more damage per second than the flamethrower in close range against a single target. :cry:

Pyro can destroy sentries around corners without getting attacked by them with any flamethrower.
Afaik it got changed to 20?

de 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 15:40 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Yeah, looks like its 20 now.

And Backburner is 20*1.5 = 50. :roll:

be 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 19:56 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Dekar wrote:
Yeah, looks like its 20 now.

And Backburner is 20*1.5 = 50. :roll:
It costs 150% more than a regular flamethrower. so yeah 20*2.5 = 50

de 
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 11:06 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Ugh, fail. :(

Not as bad as this guy though: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/08/di ... as_qu.html

se 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 15:26 
Illiterate (10)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
I'll go into other things like airblasting tips and other stuff after the weapons.
OMG WILDBLAZE REVEALS THE HOLY GRAIL. Do you intend to write down how you got your ungodly aim with the flaregun aswell? PLEASE! :D

Anyway nice tips n trick from the guides so far. Even though I'm not a f2p-player I still found some useful tips.

Waiting for Balls to release the sniper secrets aswell..MOHAHAHA

Keep em comin

ro 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 15:49 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
ecen wrote:
Waiting for Balls to release the sniper secrets aswell..MOHAHAHA
I can tell you what the first one should be: learn to assess every angle of every position on every map. Reflex(flick) shots are awesome and cool, but not reliable. Balls or any other great sniper will get you if 1mm of your head is showing from behind some ledge. Angles baby! :mrgreen: