Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:27

All times are UTC+01:00

se 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 18:09 
Crap at posting (28)
As im sure im not the only one who's noticed the huge difference in gameplay since the free2play-pubbers started playing, I wanted to try and find a nice solution for us regulars who's been playing for a while.
Personally I feel that Its been a setback in choice of classes and teamwork overall. A nice example is when you join a team of 4 spies, 4 snipers and a couple of engis...
Now, obviously all the new players just need some time to get used to everything, but then again that does take quite a bit of time when theres 9 classes and loads of different gametypes /maps.
What captured me from the start was that the SpA (jane doe no-crits mainly) always had skilled and experienced players, therefore you always had a nice challenge playing on these servers.
With the expansion of SpA-servers combined with the explosion of f2p-players, the regulars has been spread out.
So, the idea is to make one of the servers a members-only server, preferrably no-crits aswell. This would ensure that you'd get more serious players on that server.

tell me what you think and why this would or wouldnt work.

peace!

ee 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 18:25 
Likes to type... (233)
I, too, am kinda sad that the regulars are now spread out and the only time to get a tiny bit of challenge is in the late evenings of some days when the no-crit server goes full for a very limited time.

I'm not sure the members-only-server would help, as it might make it even emptier, but I do too wish there was this one magical server with mostly high-skilled players. Perhaps simply naming one as an "advanced server" would take care of this, by luring in the few good players from each vanilla server, making them want to be part of the "cool advanced" group?

In marketing, the stuff that's labeled "advanced" often outsells the "beginners", because everybody feels like they already know something, it's an ego thing.

We could give it a try, name the no-crit server as Advanced level for one week and see if there's a difference?

At the very least, it might fill the no-crit server on day time.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 18:26 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I don't think we'd be able to fill the server often enough though, but I do know what you mean, I liked it when we'd have all the regulars on no crits, but we don't get that quite as often. It can be like playing different game now, not as team orientated. At least we can play as long as we like because there will always be a server with people in, but you join and it's just a couple of heavy medics killing a team of 4 snipers, 4 spies, and some useless engineers, and it's just like oh yay. It's like one of those instant respawn servers, either complete steamrolls, or stalemates.

be 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 18:35 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Well, our nocrit server isn't selected as a matchmaking server so the ftp people generally don't go there much.
I think we'll just have to wait it out a bit until the new players get the hang of it.

de 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 18:40 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I would welcome a pro server, but I fear there wont be enough players on it most of the time. :(

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 20:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
No-crits gets the odd f2player but it's still pretty challenging on there. A lot of admins have been asked to spread out around on the vanilla servers to try and get more regulars interested in the community.

Cheers for the feedback though Playmoe (love you) I'll mention it in the next TF2 management meeting.

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 14:43 
Pretty useless (69)
I love the idea. In my wildest dreams all the regulars would be on the same 'advanced' server every evening from around 20:00cet +-. But like mentioned before the server probably will be empty most of the time because no one wants to wait around for 30 minutes untill people start joining and it fills up ( Even tho(!) u earn more SpA points that way! :5: )

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 15:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
what you guys are describing is pretty much the no crits server pre-f2p :D

de 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 15:52 
Geek (856)
Back in the days when I couldnt rule as a spy because the enemies were actually smart.

de 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 16:11 
Geek (630)
I do not care, i just join a server that is running a map i want to play at that moment.

Also members need to show up on public servers to get known to new possible regulars and maybe possible new members. Also to show that there are admins around from time to time.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 16:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
As dunken said, we have had to spread ourselves out a bit more, as there is more call for admins and we need to boost community numbers with our friendly faces ^^

I mean, we had a crap load of regulars on the server the other day, almost all of the 24 players were regulars and on my friendslist at least. :D

de 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 20:04 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
If you are looking for more of a competitive game where most regulars play, as already mentioned, that is more or less what the no-critz server is. It is not on the Quickplay therefore will not get random f2p players connecting and is most often filled with the SpA community and their friends.

Since we increased the number of our TF2 servers we did need extra help with admins on all of the servers in the beginning; which was and is very much appreciated.

You could always try inviting people onto the no-critz server, maybe that will fill it up!

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 10:32 
Pretty useless (69)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Since we increased the number of our TF2 servers we did need extra help with admins on all of the servers in the beginning; which was and is very much appreciated.
If you still need help with extra 'admins' I wouldnt mind helping out. Advising the new players a little, boost the spa-presence on the servers. :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 11:04 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Your wisdom will be appreciate mate as always :D

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 22:57 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (117)
SpA sundays?

or another convient day?

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2011, 15:37 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
nMd! wrote:
If you still need help with extra 'admins' I wouldnt mind helping out. Advising the new players a little, boost the spa-presence on the servers. :5:
Just by filling our servers is more than enough help. Helping the newbies is a bonus. Any other help that you guys give is SpAntastic!