Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:22

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 15:16 
CAST MASTER (481)
Hello SpAites,

This thread is dedicated to collecting feedback on the custom maps we are testing this weekend, Please place any feedback for each map here, making it easier for the tf2 managers to read through and deciede which maps shall go into the SpA points menu.

To remind you heres a list of the maps:

cp_clocktower
cp_copperhead
ctf_turbine_pro
pl_cashworks
cp_furance
cp_process
cp_science
pl_waste
cp_croissant
cp_lushbowl
ctf_cloudburst
pl_morrigan_alley
cp_relay
cp_snakewater
cp_warmfront
pl_halfacre

So come along to the test phase taking place and get your say in what is added to our servers.

Z.S

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 23:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cp_clocktower - fun map, needs to have the same cfg we plan for yukon, just 1-2 rounds

cp_copperhead - shit, bad layout and design, stacked teams can produce the fastest steam roles known to man

ctf_turbine_pro - awesome, makes turbine less wank (needs 1 engy limit)

pl_cashworks - the map has some issues with navigation, but its fun, but a tad long

(recommend it joins the high cost spapoints bracket)

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 23:16 
Likes to type... (229)
I'll keep it short:

cp_clocktower:
Its an alright map imo, but i think if it is added it should only be added to the spapoints menu because its quite repetitive.

cp_copperhead:
I like it ^^ No complaints :4

ctf_turbine_pro:
Its turbine - but with a couple of extra routes.. which i like. But tbh I think the normal one is better.

pl_cashworks:
Best map tested! Its great... unless your against a good spy. My only reservation with this is that it is so big (and therefore has the potential to be long), so may well turn out to be a server emptier.

Do bear in mind this is my opinion on each of the maps.. I think this is what your looking for - if not, just ignore me ^^ but its pretty feedbacky so it should be fine :5:

EDIT: I see.. well.. yes that's for the best.

Last edited by Thaw111 on 15 Sep 2011, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 23:22 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
None of these maps we are testing are going into rotation, only spapoints, and at a higher price

se 
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 23:41 
Illiterate (10)
cp_clocktower - Ok map, big but good layout so very easy to get into, nice middlepoint fighting. I like it.

cp_copperhead - Don't now if it was the teams but very hard to defend on. Didnt like it.

ctf_turbine_pro - With 1 engy only its a really nice ctf map, nice updates.

pl_cashworks - Think this map was to long, got bored after a while but that happens on all maps :D. Alot of fun corners and stuff but think it would run to long with a bit more even teams.

I would say that I need to try the maps a bit more to make a good judgement, only played them once. I would say clocktower and turbine pro ftw and copperhead and cashworks ftl :D

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 01:03 
The one and only (619)
This looks like the average player won't be able to afford most of these unless they donate so these maps won't be played very often anyway unless a SpA Admin is on.
Oh and have we decided on a price yet?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

cl 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 01:33 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
50-60 sounds good. Right? ...Right?

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 01:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I only caught the last 2, but cp_clocktower seemed like a good map, and I really liked pl_morrigan_alley shits all over degrot

Last edited by [SpA]JuncoPartner on 16 Sep 2011, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 01:49 
The one and only (619)
Also we should see If we can find more medieval maps so maybe we can have some kind of medieval event or something ^.^

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 02:08 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
ZEnergy wrote:
This looks like the average player won't be able to afford most of these unless they donate so these maps won't be played very often anyway unless a SpA Admin is on.
Oh and have we decided on a price yet?

Probably a good thing, but it wont be that expensive, but if they are means a regular or an admin will buy them knowing the server will handle it
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I only caught the last 2, but cp_clocktower seemed like a good map, and I really liked pl_cashworks shits all over degrot
cashworks was the other payload with weapons, you mean pl_morrigan_alley :D I enjoyed that i forgot to say!

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 02:30 
CAST MASTER (481)
Bear in mind all feedback on Morrgian alley should be saved for phase three on saturday. I placed that map on as a little taste of what i think is a fine map. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 11:01 
Has no REAL life! (1234)
cp_clocktower - Fun for a round or so, good map, just needs shorter rounds

cp_copperhead - don't think i was here for that one :D I don't remember it

ctf_turbine_pro - A nice change to turbine. pretty nice to play

pl_cashworks - I think I got lost for a while here ^^ but it was a good map

de 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 12:01 
Illiterate (8)
cp_clocktower - like the map very much, looks great. Could be too big, especially if the server is not full

cp_copperhead - maybe one of the worst maps I have ever played ^^. I didn't even care if my team was winning or losing

ctf_turbine_pro - good map (for ctf), better than turbine.

pl_cashworks - don't like the map. Don't know why exactly, but I give it a try to explain: Map is very long and the checkpoints (except for last obviously) are no "highlights" in terms of close, exciting fights like on badwater. You know what I mean? :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 12:14 
Likes to type... (250)
I will keep it short and sweet;

cp_clocktower - Good map, but went on too long. But still liked it. :D

cp_copperhead - Poor map, didnt like it. :(

ctf_turbine_pro - Great map, liked it much more than normal turbine. :D

pl_cashworks - Very large map, but great fun. Loved it. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 13:08 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
gogo gadget textwall!

cp_clocktower
first time round; really liked it, and to be honest, even after the second time round the overall impression it gave was of a good map. one that could use some polish and a middle point where you can actually see the cap from more than one angle, but still fun, and that's the most important bit.

second time... some bits started to annoy me that could make the map less popular over time. namely, these were certain aspects of the second cap (narrow planks leading up to the point, especially annoying when, on attack, your entire team decides to run up *the same tiny plank* and they either die to obvious stickies or abandon ship to end up in the water pit of death; said water pit of death water pit that, when you want to get our of it on the side nearest the middle point, has only one point right at the edge where you can actually jump out; and the fact that the water pit doesn't put you out when you're on fire when you expect it too), as well as the last point being simply cavernous. the last cap itself is removed from any of the entry points that you're trying to defend, and actually standing on the cap (or anywhere near it) puts you in too exposed a position for a player to be able to keep it up for long. it's different to the experience of holding most last points, and that might in itself being a good thing, but for now it feels... weird.

also, running out of the forward spawn and running back to your side of the map *in the opposite direction of where you're supposed to be* is an all too easy mistake to make, the map needs to have better directions.

so - a candidate for the spapoints menu? certainly. but i think that balls was right when he said that this could go the way of Yukon - popular at first, but it needs to be kept snappy and tucked away in the spapoints menu for people not to complain about it too much.

cp_copperhead
in a word, bluhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. not as bad as i remember it from the first pass but it's not something i look forward to playing again. next!

ctf_turbine_pro
as for whether this actually gets in, it's less a case of "why" and more a case of "why not?". it's turbine, but better and not a shitfest. easy. if you're gonna improve a map, this is how you do it instead of taking dustbowl and painting it green (apologies to the lushbowl fans, but it's true :ugly:). it's not got alot to get hugely excited about, but it's clever and makes a shit map a damn sight more playable. this one gets my vote already because of the lack of ctf maps we run; it's not the most amazing tf2 experience there is, but if you wanna play capture the flag then this is (in my experience of what i've played on SpA) the new go-to map. just remember to put up the latest revision instead of the one we have on the servers atm!

pl_cashworks
i did spend most of the time that this was up waiting for the map to download/eating ham + reggae reggae sandwiches/waiting to respawn due to FUCKING SPIES, but for the time that i actually got to play it i can't say i was blown away by it. it wasn't horrible certainly, but i'll reserve judgement for now cos i didn't give it a fair hearing tbh.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 15:38 
Pretty useless (69)
cp_clocktower - A pretty okay'ish map, a bit big and confusing at times, need better directions on it.

cp_copperhead - 2 words. Shit Map

ctf_turbine_pro - Loved Turbine, all though I did think we'd be playing another version where all classes can jump onto "the ledge" near base for the health pack. Also ledges in the top off the base ( over seeing the intel) where scouts dont HAVE to instantly drop into the base but can just check things out on the ledge.

pl_cashworks - I liked it. Pretty tired of most PL maps by now. It is a bit big and I believe it was mentioned before but yeh it might be a "server-emptier"

Good night overall, I'd really like to see clocktower and Turbine in the list.

:4

de 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 16:30 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
cp_clocktower - Not that convinced. It's too wide open for my taste. All cps except of the middle one are a bit strange. They don't fit that much. Oh and did I mention that it's too open? I tried to look for nice sentry placements, but's really tough to a) find one and b) build one, if you don't got a bunch of security guards. If it'd be a bit smaller, it could become great.

cp_copperhead - Has nice visuals, but gaming was most of the time "WTF just happened". Killed at first point => respawn => 2nd point already capped. Weird. Must be bad game design.

ctf_turbine_pro - Hmm... it's still turbine. It's improved, but still turbine. Not a fav.

pl_cashworks - I really like it. Really nice details and a sweet track layout. Could be a bit long, but goldrush is also long with its 3 stages. It's fun!

pl_morrigan_alley - o_O Just don't play it when good snipers are online. Really a arrow spam fest at some parts. Besides that: It's medieval mode. It's fun! I just don't like the unreachable parts of the defenders. That doesn't fit the TF2 gameplay. For a short melee rage the de_keepthing map is doing its job quite good.

ee 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 17:28 
Likes to type... (233)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
pl_morrigan_alley - o_O Just don't play it when good snipers are online. Really a arrow spam fest at some parts. Besides that: It's medieval mode. It's fun! I just don't like the unreachable parts of the defenders. That doesn't fit the TF2 gameplay. For a short melee rage the de_keepthing map is doing its job quite good.
Yea it's totally a medieval archers + spies map. :) Awesome none-the-less, though.

sk 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 23:21 
Doesn't get out much (338)
My today's feedback: (don't know all the map names, sorry)

First (gravelpit-like map): Didn't like it too much, areas around A and B were too open and will probably be sniperspammed, C on the other hand is too compact and easy to take (unlike the exposed C on gravelpit, where it is the climax of the battle)

Lushbowl - Green dustbowl, I see no point in implementing it.

Science - I played it long time ago and it has improved since. It looks really neat, and is interesting. I like it!

The last map (croissant?) - Too long, too open. The final point looks cool though ;) But overall, meh

So i only really approve of science in this pack

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2011, 23:58 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cp_furance - pretty fast paced gravelpit style map! good fun but could do with some more testing with more people, i dont think we hit max capacity on it

cp_science - excellent map, clever design and layout, was really good fun and actually required brain cells (if you complain about getting lost then just open your eyes and look around a bit more, there are more arrows in that map than anything else!) As Gzeus said they have really improved it alot from the older version, would prefer a letter based layout for noobs, but the icons are easy enough to learn, fully approve of this map (but at a high spapoints cost)

cp_croissant - shit map silhouette, pretty boring and stale-matey - burn it with fire

cp_lushbowl - reskin of dustbowl, dustbowl is a really shit map, thus, this is shit,,,,tererer

de 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 00:08 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
cp_furance - pretty fast paced gravelpit style map! good fun but could do with some more testing with more people, i dont think we hit max capacity on it

cp_science - excellent map, clever design and layout, was really good fun and actually required brain cells (if you complain about getting lost then just open your eyes and look around a bit more, there are more arrows in that map than anything else!) As Gzeus said they have really improved it alot from the older version, would prefer a letter based layout for noobs, but the icons are easy enough to learn, fully approve of this map (but at a high spapoints cost)

cp_croissant - shit map silhouette, pretty boring and stale-matey - burn it with fire

cp_lushbowl - reskin of dustbowl, dustbowl is a really shit map, thus, this is shit,,,,tererer
+1

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 07:48 
Likes to type... (250)
Again i will keep it short and sweet,

cp_furance - Great map, loved it :D

cp_science - Great map, really liked it, great design and great fun watching everyone get lost. Would really like to see this added to the SpA points menu. :D

cp_croissant - What Balls said. :(

cp_lushbowl - Can you please change Dustbowl to this, i like Dustbowl but i like this better!!!! :D

cl 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 07:51 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Personally, if it actually is only a reskin of dustbowl (I didn't play it myself, so IDK), it might be better to leave it as it is... I mean, I assume most people don't want to download maps, in fact, whenever a server forces me to download more than one thing, I simply leave...

de 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 08:34 
Geek (856)
PetePorty wrote:
Personally, if it actually is only a reskin of dustbowl (I didn't play it myself, so IDK), it might be better to leave it as it is... I mean, I assume most people don't want to download maps, in fact, whenever a server forces me to download more than one thing, I simply leave...
Thats my opinion, too. And the map is riddled with tiny bugs and the lightning is a nightmare.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 12:46 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
when playing cp_science just make sure to activate your BallsBalls GPS :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 21:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
pl_morrigan_alley - pretty fun, but can go on a bit
cp_relay - terrible
cp_snakewater - i can see this fitting in quite nicely, was good fun!

de 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 22:06 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
pl_morrigan_alley - Ye... it's getting crowded with server being full. It's really funny with around 6-8 players per team. With more it's just crazy.
cp_relay - strange and confusing
cp_snakewater - Confusing first, but then getting used to the layout. It's really nice. Just have to find a sniper spot for last cp. ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 22:57 
Likes to type... (229)
Was only here for part of snakewater, but from what i played, is a pretty cool map. Lots of flanking positions and stuff!

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 13:47 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Thank you to everyone that helped Zombie and Balls to test the new maps. From your wonderful feedback the following new maps have been added which you can buy for a wonderful 25 SpA points

ctf_turbine_pro_b1
cp_snakewater
cp_clocktower_b2
pl_morrigan_alley_b3
cp_furnace_rc
pl_cashworks_rc2
cp_science

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 14:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Thank you anna and everyone that helped test, invite people and gave feedback! :5: