so this is why steam wont open :<

The birdcage looks amazing!

de 
 Post subject: Manniversary incoming
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 23:07 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
http://store.steampowered.com/news/6510/
Quote:
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)

Fixed an issue with the multi-threaded renderer which could cause a crash on map change
Adjusted whitespace to improve formatting in status command output
Changed stats output to show KB/s instead of bytes/sec, added a connections column, and changed the users column to "Map changes"
Fixed game servers not being able to execute the retry command due to the dependence on the connect command (which is not executable by game servers)
Made sndplaydelay executable by servers
Server frame rate is now based on the tickrate of the active Source mod, not the fps_max convar
Server processing delays have been reduced, especially for servers on modern Linux kernels
Entity processing logic has been optimized to significantly reduce CPU usage on full servers
Multi-threaded server code is now enabled by default under Linux (already enabled on Windows)
An exploit with non-printable characters causing lag on Windows servers has been fixed
CPU is fully yielded back to the system whenever the server is running faster than the tickrate
Dramatic increase in performance for low-level math libraries

Day of Defeat: Source

Removed tickrate command line parameter
Updated the localization files

Counter-Strike: Source

Prevent AWP cycle time exploit using quick switch
Fixed bug causing HUD History to display item pickups from nearby players
Increased sized of HUD History resource to prevent clipping
Changed grenade damage so that it always hits HITGROUP_GENERIC and takes into account armor for damage calculations
Reduced standing and moving accuracy for pistols
Decreased accuracy while moving with sniper rifles
Added additional legacy mode (3) to cl_dynamiccrosshair

Team Fortress 2
Manniversary:

Experimenting with a new store interface with a subset of players
Added several dozen community items in celebration of the Manniversary
Added loadout presets -- each class can now store four complete loadouts, including weapons and cosmetic items, and change between them with the press of a button.
Added a new item type that can accept user-applied decals. Take any image off your hard drive, put it on a stick, and then smash people with it! (See the Decal Tool in the store!)
Added new co-operative high five taunt
Class select menu now shows the active loadout for each class
Characters can now equip two misc-slot items at once
Added a new in-game abuse-reporting system (see "Capture abuse report data" under "Miscellaneous" controls)
Non-newly-released weapons in the store can now be tried out for free once per week! This will give you a fully-functional version of the weapon to be used in-game for no cost. If you decide you like it, you can purchase it for a discount during the trial period.
All items purchased in the store can be used for crafting and can be traded after a few days
Added a new startup music track from Meet The Medic
Integrated with the new Steam Workshop to enable the publication and management of community contributed content

Maps:

Added new community control point map Gullywash. Stamps are available in the store to support community map authors!
Barnblitz is now available for offline practice
Frontier: various geometry fixes
Gorge/5Gorge: added team-specific func_nobuild brushes in elevated forward spawn areas

Replay:

New camera shake functionality added for replays that are not sufficiently dramatic
New slow-motion functionality added for replays where even camera shake does not provide sufficient drama
Added support for recording voice chat into replays

Items:

Pocket Medic can now be equipped by the Soldier in addition to the Heavy
World Traveler's Hat and the Connoisseur's Cap are now paintable
Bonk Boy and Foster's Facade are now misc slot items
Fixed The Director's Vision not playing animations correctly for all classes in the loadout screen
The Killer Exclusive is now paintable
When sorting the backpack, otherwise-equivalent items will sort by strange weapon rank and crate series number if possible
When selecting items from the loadout, weapons with different kill eater ranks will all show up
Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect animations have been added. Really.
LOD models added to several older cosmetic items

Response Rules:

Reduced the chance of many response lines occurring
Responses related to cart progress no longer play when disguised
Players will now always call for a medic when low on health or when on fire when a medic is under the crosshair, whereas previously the character would ask the medic to follow them
Named base items will no longer trigger responses that were supposed to be for new item variants
Added additional Jarate hit responses
Demoman:
Added achievement award response
Removed "I didn't need your help y'know" line if being healed by a Medic
Saxxy kills will use the same lines as kills from the frying pan
Taunting with The Pain Train or the Saxxy now plays the same taunt as the grenade launcher
Added a taunt for The Ullapool Caber
Engineer:
Fixed a problem that caused him not to say thanks after exiting a teleporter
Saxxy kills will use the same lines as kills from The Golden Wrench
Added a previously unused golden wrench kill line
Added an occasional response when swinging The Gunslinger
Wrangler taunt now performs the pistol taunt animation
Heavy:
Added a previously unused fist swing line
Medic:
Added a line to the response that occurs when doing a battle cry while looking at an enemy while holding a melee weapon
Taunting with a Saxxy plays the medigun taunt
Taunting with the Solemn Vow or the Crusader's Crossbow now plays the same taunt as the syringe gun
Scout:
Removed the response when killing an enemy Scout or Pyro and moved the lines to the dominating Pyro/Scout response
Added a rare response to double jumping after getting a recent kill
Sniper:
Reduced chattiness when getting many sequential kills
Added a missing line to the scoped revenge response
Taunting with a Saxxy no longer play lines that reference a knife
Soldier:
Added a line to the getting übercharged response
Taunting with the Righteous Bison, Battalion's Backup, or the Saxxy now play the Buff Banner taunt

Bots:

TFBots have a percentage chance of noticing weapon fire based on their difficulty level. Easy bots are fairly oblivious, and Expert bots notice pretty much everything.
TFBots now treat certain weapon attacks as "quiet" (Spy knife, cloaking/uncloaking, some melee weapons, fists, etc). "Quiet" weapons can only be heard by TFBots when nearby, and their chance of being noticed is halved if the environment is "noisy" (ie., lots of non-quiet gunfire going on in the area). This greatly improves Spies ability to backstab TFBots without the entire team immediately turning on them.
bot improvements:
Spy bots are much better about circling around and backstabbing their victims now
Improved Spy bot target selection in some situations (ie: clusters of sentries and enemy players)
Spy bots will give up on an attack and retreat if an enemy sentry gun aims at them
Spy bots now avoid nearby enemies while disguised and/or cloaked so they don't bump into them and give themselves away
Spy bots now have a simple notion of when their “cover is blown" now
Spy bots lead their target's position as they chase them down for a backstab now
Spy bots don't go after victims until setup time has elapsed
Hard and Expert Spy bots avoid looking at their prey until they get close and go for the stab
Easy Spy bots don't avoid enemies, or try to get behind before stabbing
Normal Spy bots don't avoid enemies
Fixed bug where Spy bots would jump against the enemy spawn gates during setup time
Medic bot improvements:
Medic bots stick much closer to running patients now
Medic bots stick much closer to their patient if they have an Ubercharge ready, or are deploying their Uber
Medic bots hide from Sentryguns now, too
Pyro bot improvements:
Pyro bots are less "pushy" with their compression blast, but will use it against Ubers and to get enemies off of a capture point

Other:

Razer Hydra support can be enabled via "sixense_enabled 1" in the console. See http://sixense.com/tf2 for details.
Added "tf_allow_taunt_switch". Set to 0 for disallowed (default behavior), 1 for old bug behavior, or 2 to allow weapon switching any time during the taunt.
Screenshots can now be hooked up to the Steam Community automatically. There is a new option to control this under "Miscellaneous" in the Advanced Options page.
Fixed gold ragdolls playing custom death animations when they should be locked in a pose
Fixed Buffalo Steak Sandvich not having a cooldown if the Heavy is at full health.
Fixed touching a cabinet while under the effects of the Buffalo Steak Sandvich removing the mini-crits but not removing the melee weapon restriction
Fixed particle effects not showing up on spy disguise items
Fixed spies never using genuine, community, or self-made items as disguise weapons
Fixed demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen
Fixed effects on Sticky Jumper grenades
Fixed net_graph not updating server framerate when FPS is greater than 1000
Fixed game servers not being able to execute the retry command
Renamed tf_show_voice_icons to mp_show_voice_icons

de 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 23:10 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
My fav: "Added new co-operative high five taunt" :4

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 23:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Merged posts, like a boss :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 23:26 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Some nice fixes in there, but stuff like the pickett signs that let you put images on a melee from your hardrive and rentable weapons, I suspect more stuff will break :lol:

Gullywash is now supported, haven't played it, but it's well liked. Possible new map for the rotation?

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2011, 23:30 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i've only seen it during 6v6 so worth a test publicly, new maps that get released officially automatically get added to rotation i think

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 01:49 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
I still find it surreal people are willing to pay so much for aesthetic in-game items, each to their own I guess.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 02:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Mclusky wrote:
I still find it surreal people are willing to pay so much for aesthetic in-game items, each to their own I guess.
Not many people do, they just trade for stuff usually.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 03:03 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i bought the photograph misc item to see how the custom decal system works, and it's actually quite cool what they have done functionality wise, no wonder it has taken them a while to release.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 14:03 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Has anybody else issues with Steam not connecting to the servers? Or is it just me... :|

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 14:12 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i can't even connect to friends, and the loadout menu is buggy as now :<

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 15:49 
Pretty useless (69)
Yeah the item servers are down aswell.. since like 13:00.. :(

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 16:40 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Been playing it without the items, it's kinder nice, no toddler weapons like the liberty launcher, sodapopper, or the machinama. No suicide backburner pyros, no useless pesky demoknights. Would be a dream to play tf2 without all the silly clutter weapons, and hold onto stuff like the flaregun, degreaser, equalizer, sandvich, gunslinger etc. mmm :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 16:48 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Been playing it without the items, it's kinder nice, no toddler weapons like the liberty launcher, sodapopper, or the machinama. No suicide backburner pyros, no useless pesky demoknights. Would be a dream to play tf2 without all the silly clutter weapons, and hold onto stuff like the flaregun, degreaser, equalizer, sandvich, gunslinger etc. mmm :mrgreen:
...how are those weapons toddler weapons?
How are pesky demoknights useless? given the fact they are infact pesky.

I am confused.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 17:15 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
...how are those weapons toddler weapons?
How are pesky demoknights useless? given the fact they are infact pesky.

I am confused.
The Liberty launcher with increased speed and no reduced splash damage is just a cheap way to hit dodging scouts, and airblasting pyros. It is a fun weapon, but it's not used by a great deal because of the -1 rocket, sort of fecks up rocket jumping. To new players this is a negligible downside for not needing to predict their targets movement.

The Soda popper gaining minicrits for 8 seconds from running is just silly really. They just sort of keep running at players with crits killing them almost instantly, but then getting killed easily once their crits are gone. Rinse and repeat.

The Tomislav, I do use it sometimes, but removing one of heavys core features his spin up time is a joke, just makes one of the things that actually makes heavy difficult poof away.

Oh and forgot about the machina, it just allows you to kill people easier without headshotting them, you can kill a demoman, or pyro with a charged bodyshot. Yes those snipers who just stay scoped forever and bodyshot everything exist.

I didn't mention the enforcer, I love it... but it's very bullshit, you get a hefty revolver buff if you're using the dead ringer, that will 2 shot most classes, 3 for pyros. I mean weapons like this are just lazy, and irritating.

I've only really seen demoknights spearhead an attack, they're nowhere near as useful as a vanilla demo. They can blow up shit! Sentrys all over the map "I ask, come on guys! We have 3 demomen, go get some stickies on those things" turns out they're all meleeing spies and dying infront on sentrys :ugly:

Last edited by [SpA]JuncoPartner on 14 Oct 2011, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 17:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i'll go demo. 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 17:47 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Valve are still fixing issues with the items servers. Apparently they have sourced the problem but may still test it for most of the day.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 20:46 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Oh and forgot about the machina, it just allows you to kill people easier without headshotting them, you can kill a demoman, or pyro with a charged bodyshot. Yes those snipers who just stay scoped forever and bodyshot everything exist.
As I'm a Machina heavy-user: Imho the tracers are a big downside. You're hell easy to spot and have to change your position more often. On the other side: It's not my fault, if the other team fails on taking you as a sniper down. :18

Personally I'm not using it for the extra damage... I just love the penetration double kills. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 22:13 
Crap at posting (36)
i'd have thought the Killcams were a far far bigger give away than the tracers

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2011, 22:32 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
As I'm a Machina heavy-user: Imho the tracers are a big downside. You're hell easy to spot and have to change your position more often. On the other side: It's not my fault, if the other team fails on taking you as a sniper down. :18

Personally I'm not using it for the extra damage... I just love the penetration double kills. :mrgreen:
It's a downgrade from the stock because of the tracer and the inability to shoot unscoped, it's just a toy really, for fun. Most snipers will just headshot with it, the extra on full charge damage wont matter to them, while others who can't headhsot will just bodyshot classes you couldn't usually kill with a bodyshot. They'll just use any item they get new players, even the bazzar bargain when it only rewards headshots.

de 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 13:45 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Alris wrote:
Yeah... cause everybody sees the killcam if someone gets shot... :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 15:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Hmm not really feeling the reserve shooter for the pyro, airblasting for mini-crits feels kinder cheap, with soldier have you at least need to juggle the player with their rockets. Flaregun, and shotgun are just better and more fun. Sadly, like flaregun pyros will die easy to shotgun pyros, reserve shooter pyros can just airblast other pyros and score mini-crits.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 16:40 
Crap at posting (36)
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
Alris wrote:
because the person that died can't tell people where you are right?

de 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 17:18 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Alris wrote:
[SpA]Blackhawk wrote:
because the person that died can't tell people where you are right?
I'm happy if people just talk... don't expect them to tell each sniper position, aren't ya?

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 18:15 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
The tracers are good for hunting down machina snipers, especially of you're a sniper yourself. Not really a hinderance though, the kill cam will only be useful if the sniper stays put while you respawn.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 20:32 
Likes to type... (279)
The Reserve shooter for pyro seems insanely over powered, and it even works on pyros to boot, if you thought my flareblasting style was bad, things just got a whole lot worse :roll:

I think i still love my flaregun too much to switch though :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 21:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i use both flare gun and shooter on my various pyro setups, flare is just a more satisfying kill imo :)

de 
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 22:34 
Geek (856)
Guys dont derail this thread. It is about me getting a stethoscope.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 00:00 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
Guys dont derail this thread. It is about me getting a stethoscope.
You posted that in trading :P http://forum.specialattack.net/viewtopi ... 49#p178549

You probably wont get it here, anyone who does get it will probably hang on to it try www.tf2tp.com search is down atm, but I managed to trade for my badges on there.