Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:35

All times are UTC+01:00

de 
 Post subject: Class limit immunity
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 21:17 
Geek (630)
Bought class limit iminity with SPA-points yesterday.

Today, after someone got autobalanced into our team, i got kicked out of my class. Is its broken or should that happen in that way?

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Class limit immunity
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 21:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Class limit immunity has not been on our servers for months now :<
Hopefully anna can reimburse you?

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 21:48 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yeah, limit immunity has been disabled. No point having a class limit and then allowing you to bypass it with immunity.

We've not been able to take it off the spa points menu as it's a bit of a bitch to take off. SpA points reimbursed for your inconvenience :5:

fi 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 22:23 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (18)
In my opinion the classlimit immunity was good ability. Most of players are f2p nowadays do it would affect much.
The old players like me :D and dunken should be able to buy something like that with spapoints.
Especially Dunken who has donated alot of money to you :P

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 22:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I've donated a lot of money as well, but I'm not fussed if I can't be the fourth spy or sniper.
Either way, due to technical problems it just isn't compatible atm in addition to the feature being gone for many months too.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 22:35 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Donating doesn't change a thing. We've all put lots of money into SpA. Donating doesn't make you any more special. We are most thankful for all donations, but donations are something that you do at your own free will and generosity, it is not there to be used as a leeway to gain any special treatment in any way or kind.

Class immunity stays off!

de 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 07:25 
Geek (630)
I do not mind the wasted SpA-Points, only thought the immunity would work inside the "normal" server class limit of 3.
So that u would have an immunity to not get kicked out of the 3 allowed. No problem that it does not.

Also i do not expect a special treatment due to donations, i am special anyway :ugly: . It's enough if u bow down, call me master and wipe of my ass from time to time :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 11:37 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Dunken wrote:
It's enough if u bow down, call me master and wipe of my ass from time to time :mrgreen:
Does it have to be specifically in that order?

Well you will not get kicked out of a class if you are already in the limit of 3, but as you said you got moved to the other team, they already have 3 of Class X, so you would get pushed out. It's and imperfect system, but it's what we have. You just have to make sure you are quick one someone changes class.

de 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 11:53 
Geek (630)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Does it have to be specifically in that order? .
No :mrgreen:
Well you will not get kicked out of a class if you are already in the limit of 3,.
But that was what happened..
but as you said you got moved to the other team, they already have 3 of Class X, so you would get pushed out. It's and imperfect system, but it's what we have. You just have to make sure you are quick one someone changes class..
No, i wrote"...after someone got autobalanced into our team, i got kicked out of my class"
So the guy who got switched into our team pushed me out of the class. So i think he kept the class while i got pushed out.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
ooooooooooooooohhh, sorry :< misread that, hmm, well i think autobalance should not remove people from their classes when they join a new team, I'll ask anna or ditch to see what a possible solution to this could be

de 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:19 
Geek (630)
Was the first time that happened to me, and dunno if it happened to others too.
Maybe just a bug that occured. Only got littel bit annoyed after being switched several times before and mistakely thinking to have "class limit immunity" and then to get kicked out of the class too, when someone else gets switched.
Not worth a big hazzle.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:30 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
autobalance shouldn't remove you from your class if its another person being moved to your team. But equally that might be the point, as the person is being moved for balance reasons and perhaps playing that class is why they are strong and being moved.

Either way its good to know, and will be discussed by tf2 management :D

cheers! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 16:23 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up Dunken. Always good to know these things Oh high and mighty Dunken who's so special it moves me in ways you could never dream of :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 22:28 
Geek (630)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
....who's so special it moves me in ways you could never dream of :ugly:
oh...I could dream of a lot :mrgreen: