Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:31

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: Re: TF2 is back, baby!
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 21:01 
Crap at posting (38)
I'm reading a lot of cool ideas here, but I think I'm missing something. There's talk about what to do for potential new community members, but shouldn't we focus on getting people to play on SpA to start with? Currently there are not so many people to offer these incentives...

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 21:28 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Feoraz wrote:
I'm reading a lot of cool ideas here, but I think I'm missing something. There's talk about what to do for potential new community members, but shouldn't we focus on getting people to play on SpA to start with? Currently there are not so many people to offer these incentives...
A lot of players filter through the servers everyday, and don't return, not because they're not satisfied, they just might not have an incentive to comeback to our paticular server. Returning players are more valuable, all good filling the server up with a load of randoms for one night, but we need players who will return, and bonus points if they join the community, and have other regulars on steam. Typically they'll be learning the game, or be already quite skilled at it, and a higher skill level server brings in more dedicated tf2 players, and I think we've really neglected this.

During the f2p rush the servers were full of new one time only players and there was little teamwork, and anyone without a reserve slot had trouble joining, or if they were already on, they would dropped if someone with a slot joined. Loads of players I remember from when I first started tf2 just sort of disappeared after that, our skilled playerbase mainly consists of community members whenever they're on, or a few who's stuck around. Comparing servers now to before, we've lost our "come to SpecialAttack and get your arse kicked" appeal :(

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:22 
Crap at posting (38)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
A lot of players filter through the servers everyday, and don't return, not because they're not satisfied, they just might not have an incentive to comeback to our paticular server. Returning players are more valuable, all good filling the server up with a load of randoms for one night, but we need players who will return, and bonus points if they join the community, and have other regulars on steam. Typically they'll be learning the game, or be already quite skilled at it, and a higher skill level server brings in more dedicated tf2 players, and I think we've really neglected this.
Oh I think i must have underestimated the number of newbies coming to SpA then, wel this is good to hear.

Playing on Valve servers lately I have certainly discovered a huge difference in player experience with SpA being lots higher. I've met some new (more experienced) buddies there and will certainly invite them to come to SpA to give them a better challenge!

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 10:26 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Not sure if you were aware but we did offer free SpA points to all that registered on the forums during the beginning of f2p. We ran it for about a month and it was quite a success as we had a lot of people registering.

I'm loving the trail of thought here. Anyone with any more ideas? Obviously the most important matter is filling those servers up. We will be reducing the number of servers and we also have a couple of ideas we have yet to announce which I'm very excited about. Can't wait to tell you :D

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 13:31 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Are we seeing replay return? I'm not sure if it effects people's decisions to play on a server or not, but it would be nice to have it again if it's been fixed.
Feoraz wrote:
Oh I think i must have underestimated the number of newbies coming to SpA then, wel this is good to hear.

Playing on Valve servers lately I have certainly discovered a huge difference in player experience with SpA being lots higher. I've met some new (more experienced) buddies there and will certainly invite them to come to SpA to give them a better challenge!
Oh yeah we're deffinelty better Valve servers though, they're just hilarious :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 11:42 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
I have no internet at the moment due to moving house so I am oblivious to this, maybe getting the internet back is pointless if there is no TF2!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 13:10 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
The internet = life. You cannot possibly survive without it. YOU. MUST. COME. BACK. ONLINE