Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:36

All times are UTC+01:00

ee 
 Post subject: TF2 is back, baby!
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 22:05 
Likes to type... (233)
Well... sort of. I saw 5 of my steam friends playing tf2 today, compared to the last couple of weeks it's a record! :)

I guess people are starting to have enough of BF3 and Skyrim.

:4 :5:

..Yes this totally deserved its own topic. : )

gb 
 Post subject: Re: TF2 is back, baby!
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2011, 23:25 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
It certainly did!

I've been neglecting TF2 I know, I just miss playing war/relalistic shooters where i dont get covered in piss ^^

I'll reinstall tf2 on the weekend and be a noob for a few hours :D

ro 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 00:41 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I think it's safe to say that for most of us who've played it for years now, TF2 is the go-to game when you're bored and have nothing else to play. It's still a LOT of fun, just that you can't enjoy it as much as previously.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 02:56 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think need we to start using dell connagher as the main server, because people fill up different servers, and regulars who may not be on peoples friends lists are always scattered I noticed, so we should play on it whenever we can. For example we'll fill up a server, it will die, we go on another, and there's a bunch of other regulars who have been trying to fill that one up. Sadly the no critz one is just not worth trying to fill, people fill it for an hour or two then leave :( and it isn't on the quickplay list.

Some players only have our first two servers favourited, and like I do with Lethal Zone, if their two main ones are empty, I just assume they're all empty, but yea good to have you playing again matude :mrgreen:

ee 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 04:36 
Likes to type... (233)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Yep, I agree on it all, Dell Connagher ftw. :)

And tonight was awesome. :D

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 08:45 
Pretty useless (64)
I sure hope you're right.

I have waited like moon to rise for servers to fill up also...

Few times played this and last week on different spa servers and max player amount has been 5, usually have played with 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1.
(well this week i have committed sin, i have played more saint row: the third than TF2).

Any good games up today evening?

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 11:02 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah but saints row is awesome too :D

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 11:38 
Pretty useless (64)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
yeah but saints row is awesome too :D
Yea, it sure is.
Tells something about the game, i have completed like first mission and still played like 10 hours this week(doing all the jobs from saint book and just kicking the other gangs asses).

I throw i little challenge.
I promise to use my gift (boughted from mann co. store) on your server today if there is good games going on :4

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 11:48 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I loved saints row 2, so im looking forward to playing the new one. Still to this day the most fun and true sand box title :D

de 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 13:27 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Wanted to play a bit yesterday(?) and on all(!) servers something like 5(!) players were online in total(!). :shock:

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 14:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Well, either there is a problem with matchmaking and our servers still, or tf2 popularity on our servers has dwindled due to the last few months of new AAA releases

de 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 14:33 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
the last few months of new AAA releases
You mean something like 20 ppl on my Steam friends list are playing Skyrim at the same time? :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 14:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah they are all playing with sumguyrim :ugly:

not to mention, mw3, bf3, batman, etc etc

but TF2 will always be that warm bed you know you want to curl up in ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 15:11 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Don't forget that it was because of f2p that our servers were full. Now that that has filtered down, none of the TF2 servers worldwide are half as busy anymore.

Doesn't help with our rating though with them being empty constantly :(

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 15:58 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Yeah :cry:

TF2 will follow the same direction as CSS; but hopefully not just a see of dustbowl (dust2) 24/7 servers,.... that would be hell on earth, finding a decent CSS server which isnt shitty dust2 is hard enough :<

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 16:01 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Don't forget that it was because of f2p that our servers were full. Now that that has filtered down, none of the TF2 servers worldwide are half as busy anymore.

Doesn't help with our rating though with them being empty constantly :(
Maybe take a few vanilla servers down so we can fill the others. Bring some back up during the christmas update, which might steal back the playerbase from the new releases. F2P has quadrupled the the amount of tf2 players, I think, and quite a lot of them bought a premium afterwards.

Need to get advertising, people are really looking for good eu servers that don't have ridiculous plug-ins, but the quickplay doesn't send players to these good vanilla servers, they send people to all sorts of random places, even nightteam! When people type tf2 eu servers into google, we don't come up!

It'd be great to know how players find our servers, deffinetly need to encourage forum use, like giving forum users spray permits, and a free reserved slot when they validate for a limited time. Think buisness 8)

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 16:41 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Awesome ideas there junco, i like it a lot :D

reducing the amount of servers would def also help filling them; seeing as the demand is down.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 18:16 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Reducing the servers is already on the cards. An idea that I proposed a month ago. Unfortunately other things have taken priority.

We generally throw out freebies now and then so when the interest starts picking up then we can start to offer these things otherwise it could fall on deaf ears because no one is around to see the offers and the offer could end before they even get a look in.

So really, until we have more traffic on our servers then it's just a matter of making them stay, which in the past has never been too hard.

Thanks for your suggestions though, it has reminded me what I wanted to do a month ago :)

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 18:33 
Geek (993)
I'll start playing again when I complete Skyrim, unless I get Batman Arkham City then maybe not.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 18:57 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
so wont be seeing repel any time soon ^^ batman is amazing

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 19:46 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Zelda arrived yesterday, Batman next week YAY :D

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 22:22 
Pretty useless (64)
Just had few nice rounds on ice ice baby server. was full almost all the time!

So i had to do what i promised, i gave away gift. (lol, i thougted i had one left, and i didnt so i had to go and buy one).

Played a lot of medic also.
Btw what does that little arrow mean? on the hlstatsx thingy.
It was today +240 and now +784 (points for this week?)

se 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011, 22:31 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Tontza wrote:
Just had few nice rounds on ice ice baby server. was full almost all the time!

So i had to do what i promised, i gave away gift. (lol, i thougted i had one left, and i didnt so i had to go and buy one).

Played a lot of medic also.
Btw what does that little arrow mean? on the hlstatsx thingy.
It was today +240 and now +784 (points for this week?)
Yep, were some great rounds! It think it means that your rank is on the way up.

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 00:11 
Crap at posting (38)
Good to hear the population is increasing again! I always check if there are people playing, but if there aren't, I finally join some Valve server. Experience an teamplay there is really as low as it can get... Playing on SpA is so much more fun!
Feel free to add me as friend so it's easy to see who is on wich server! Oh btw, I'm changing my name to Omni.

fi 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 14:48 
Pretty useless (64)
Feoraz wrote:
Good to hear the population is increasing again! I always check if there are people playing, but if there aren't, I finally join some Valve server. Experience an teamplay there is really as low as it can get... Playing on SpA is so much more fun!
Feel free to add me as friend so it's easy to see who is on wich server! Oh btw, I'm changing my name to Omni.

I added you.

Feel free to add me also, who plays on spa servers.

Last edited by Tontza on 19 Nov 2011, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 16:41 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
We generally throw out freebies now and then so when the interest starts picking up then we can start to offer these things otherwise it could fall on deaf ears because no one is around to see the offers and the offer could end before they even get a look in.
I mean as in it would be a continuos thing, so forum users would always have spray permits, and every new forum user would get like week reserve slot or something. That way you could put messages up saying "free reserve slots, and spray permits, for forum users, join today!" or something.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 16:47 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
I mean as in it would be a continuos thing, so forum users would always have spray permits, and every new forum user would get like week reserve slot or something. That way you could put messages up saying "free reserve slots, and spray permits, for forum users, join today!" or something.
Yeah it's not a bad idea at all, would be worth definitley considering, as we should reward our regulars and people who make the effort to come to the forums; if anything it will boost numbers :)

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
mmm, plus people would be more likely to buy more points after they've sampled the SpApoint system, ideally they'd get like 70 points so they could use that week when they need it, or spend it on something else, so everyone wins weee :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 17:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
oh, so you are saying that they wouldnt get that stuff for life, just for a limited time?

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 20:17 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'd say the spray permit should be permanent for forum users, the points they get for registering would be theirs until they spend it, but it would only be enough to buy a reserved slot for a week or two.