Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:16

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: Revamp TF2
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 02:56 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Many of you don't know me as a TF2 player as i'm usually on the minecraft servers. I feel that the servers have died down a lot, I have even found other members going to non SpA servers just to get a full game. This, i feel, needs to end! I know many of you will say its because of all the other games that have came out, but that should not cut all of our members.

In an attempt to help our TF2 servers, I have created a new group, it's indeed not a big group, nor do i plan for it to become one. It is just a simple group to see who is actually playing on the TF2 servers. I know we already have a group, but that is extremely hard to search for people play TF2 with almost 2000 members.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/spatf2
Please read below for information about the group.

Reasons for Creating the Group:
  • Reconnect the SpA TF2 community
  • Boost the SpA's user level
  • Get us back out there!
  • Easily find other players who haven't been inactive for months :P
Rules:
  • Follow all SpA Rules :P
  • Try 100% to join the server when events are scheduled through the group(see below)
  • Play TF2
Info:
  • All SpA administrators will get Administrative rights in the group
  • All Super Admins & Normal Admins will get Officer rights in the group
  • If you would like for me to take this group down, i would gladly do it, i would understand
Events:
  • The events will not be tournaments
  • Simple days in which i would like everyone to play on the SpA servers, so mark it in your calender!

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Revamp TF2
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 16:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Well we were going to do this for the no critz server, but I abandoned that idea, because I didn't think a steam group would fill no critz at that point.

Since the vanilla servers are empty, it's good idea to start a steam group for it. However, can I ask you to remove the group you've made, so one of us make an official razzle dazzle one 8)

ro 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 18:54 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
I don't really play TF2 anymore but what I'm curious about is what happened? I mean, three months ago the servers were full almost constantly. How did the activity drop so much in so little time?

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 19:05 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
I don't really play TF2 anymore but what I'm curious about is what happened? I mean, three months ago the servers were full almost constantly. How did the activity drop so much in so little time?
battlefield, skyrim, star wars, batman, university/school and dropping off of the quick-play list (or whatever it was) all happened at the same time :(

us 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 21:59 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Well we were going to do this for the no critz server, but I abandoned that idea, because I didn't think a steam group would fill no critz at that point.

Since the vanilla servers are empty, it's good idea to start a steam group for it. However, can I ask you to remove the group you've made, so one of us make an official razzle dazzle one 8)
bubbajim3 wrote:
Info:
  • All SpA administrators will get Administrative rights in the group
  • All Super Admins & Normal Admins will get Officer rights in the group
  • If you would like for me to take this group down, i would gladly do it, i would understand
I will glady take the group down, just guarantee that a new one is created ASAP :P

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 22:30 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'll see about sorting one out, I still play a lot ALONE :cry:

Have a weekly event for some games, we sort of already did this before, but people would only stay on for an hour.

fi 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 09:14 
Pretty useless (64)
Well, every time i go to play ill check the spa servers first, so if it helps filling the servers im in.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 20:12 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Major changes to the servers are in progress, an announcement will be made in due time.

Until then, please bear with us. We have not forgotten about TF2.

Thank you for your ideas, next time get in touch with the TF2 Manager (me) or the TF2 Assistant Managers (ZombieStalin or ProtectMyBalls) if want your ideas to become reality.