Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:31

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 21:05 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Oh man...that Rocket Launcher :twisted:

The new Flare Gun looks pretty sweet too.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 21:25 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
first impressions -

New Pistol: +15% comes out at a non-round number? or my maths is really bad. it's in the 145hp ballpark anyway. gonna have to wait til the Pyro frenzy dies down before we see how it actually fares, because nobody's going to be using it with half of the other team on Pyro. after that, i can see this becoming a must-get unlock simply for the sakes of winning scout duels, and we've got a few too many of those already.

New Scattergun: ...what does 40 percent 'more accurate' mean? tighter spread? does that effectively counterbalance the damage reduction? again, not sure on the numbers for this one. 2x speed on a scout sounds completely ridiculous though, but i guess it's 2x of the already lowered run speed. if all it boils down to Vanilla Scattergun = jump to dodge stuff vs New Scattergun = run really fast to dodge stuff, and the damage numbers more or less work out, then i can see this being really cool.

New SMG: to be used 24/7 by Call of Duty types from now on forever and ever amen :-14 at least it'll get them off of heavy? also, it's gonna be a helluva lot worse if 'On Kill' applies to a kill with any sniper weapon and not just the SMG. [edit: maybe not, depending on range on stuff, and the fact that a lack of jarate means he won't have his insta-kill knife. could actually raise hell when paired with a huntsman. hmm.]

New Rifle: cool! very similar to the Bazaar Bargain, but with less 'risk' (easier to get the bonus built up) for less reward, and it encourages headshots over body picks. me likey.

New Rocket Launcher: the fact that you can use it as a vanilla rocket launcher with no downsides (really, who cares about not being able to refill from a dispenser?) is a bad start, means we've pretty much got another straight upgrade. and then we have the 'one'-shot-kill thing. i'll have to wait and see what the projectile deviation thing is, but i'm not holding my breathe (at least it probably means that far-off sentry's won't be getting molested by it). upsides are the fact that it's as likely to kill the soldier as it is his opponent at point-blank range (if you can call removing skill from a class an upside) and that reflecting pyros are gonna have a ball with it. again, charge time, chance of overload, alignment of in-planets blabla whatever, i think that soldier just completely changed (broke?) the peak-round-the-corner game that is a huge part of TF2 in general.

New Flaregun: ITS A PIPE LAUNCHER THAT SETS THINGS ON FIRE WHAAAAAAAAAA-

---

so basically, appears to be a good bit better than some of the crap we've seen recently - not that that's saying very much - but i still gots my reservations, particularly about the soldier's new push-to-win button. is it a cop-out if i say "wait and see" once again? :ugly: i'm always doom and gloom about new unlocks, but in the end, they turn out... umm... well, not alright, but... they turn out, anyway. but i prefer to see them restyling vanilla weapons over making new lasers and bullshit, so this is a step in the right direction design-wise, and we only see 'No Random Crits' once and it's not for the sakes of justifying a weapon as balanced, and that's good too. they coulda done alot worse!

edit 2: another design point - the models are sexy as hell. more of this, less of Cow Manglers, and i'll be very very happy :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 23:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
The pistol is strange, nullifying fall damage is interesting. 15% could be a typo and suppose to mean +health, if it's an actual percentage I'm guessing due to it being rounded up, it will add 20 hp, so yeah 145hp. That I think would be fine on a primary, but a secondary weapon that has passive attributes should be visable, the downside is kind of random, it will make you super weak vs pyros, but have a strong advantage otherwise.

The scout primary's concept can work, hits give you speed, but it resets when you jump, but to start out with such low speed is going to kill it. Also yeah it will probably have tighter spread that will counterbalance the damage reduction at some ranges. Needs tweaking, then it could be really good but balanced.

The smg I like, I usually use the vanilla one anyway, so it could be a nice self defense weapon. The rifle looks good too, I'm really gonna have to see that one ingame though before I even assume.

I don't think you should worry about the launcher, I think the deviation of the rockets will be very noticeable and the ability to fire 3 of them will be very fun, but that just wont be worth sacrificing good accuracy for, plus loading 3 rockets will probably need to be well timed, so you can't just hold them waiting for an oppertunity. It's supposed to be made of junk so it works poorly, so I have a feeling the stats will echo this.

The flaregun sounds it will be kinder of underpowered actually, if I'm getting the stats right, it will do 15 damage and 45 damage on burning targets, to the flaregun's 30 and 90. Knocking people around from the otherside of the map should be a laugh, but I can't see that being outstandingly useful, the splash afterburn though is kinder cool.

These weapons are really odd, so I think we'll have to see them ingame before passing judgement on them. The scout and sniper sets though look fabulous, I've been watching them in the workshop hoping they'd get in an update.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 19:51 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
9 MINUTES :-11

se 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:03 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I&feature=plcp[/youtube]

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:05 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
worth the weight

and i completely wasn't expecting anything like that :mrgreen: glad that there's no identity reveal too!

se 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:10 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Oh and for those interested, here you can sign up to get access to http://sourcefilmmaker.com/

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:13 
Geek (993)
I think everyone expected more from the meet the pyro video, some of the fan made ones are as good as the actual meet the video.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:20 
CAST MASTER (481)
Ah, exactly what i thought it be...

WAIT NO IT WASN'T!

I should stop eating these mushrooms....

cz 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:24 
Doesn't get out much (338)
I thought it was really funny! :ugly:

Probably the best thing they could manage without reavealing the identity...

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:32 
Community slut (13473)
I'm disappointed :(

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:36 
CAST MASTER (481)
To be fair I loved it, such dark humour and a great twist :D

Also I do believe in magic :3.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:39 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
yeah i'm a bit disappointed, but then to have that much expectation and the restrictions of not revealing an identity, and still do a valve-quality job of it, is pretty good going. and it's a fantastic demo for the source film maker. and they managed the whole super-unsettling-yet-weirdly-likeable aspect of the guy better than it's been done yet, so i've got more good stuff to say about it than bad stuff

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I expected a something that'd sit next to meet the medic, but I suppose you just can't do that sort of narrative with the pyro.

Really well made and sinister though, liking it the more I watch it.

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=ATF005T
lol

Oh and it looks like Tribes is coming to steam.

Last edited by [SpA]JuncoPartner on 27 Jun 2012, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:45 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Not really what I was expecting...

It was much better.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 20:46 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I may get that t-shirt when I have the cash

fi 
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 21:36 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Kandy trippin :D

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 01:21 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
hmmm

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 01:35 
CAST MASTER (481)
Drive closer so I may hit them with my...wrench?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 02:03 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
and these, I don't even know where these have come from: http://imgur.com/a/cUQwr#z4zI1 but they're not these: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

Day 3 was disappointing... ah well. Next stop Tobor!

de 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 10:01 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
For all disappointed by the Meet the Pyro video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXelSyTt ... ture=g-u-u[/youtube]

I crafted the Scorch Shot because it has a nice tauntkill.... and to annoy people. :ugly:

Is someone trading a scorched key for a key? I got one of these scorched crates...

de 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 10:25 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I expected a something that'd sit next to meet the medic, but I suppose you just can't do that sort of narrative with the pyro.

Really well made and sinister though, liking it the more I watch it.
This! :D

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 13:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Those are some really tasty patch notes, some much needed buffs and some fair nerfs in there, really saved Day 3 for me. The 10% damage on the flamers is quite something yeah, it makes the stock have something over the degreaser, at the price of killing the backburner though unfortunately. It's going to be fair on the heavier classes, but really annoying if you're a light class.

Quickfix sounds awesome, Im guessing it's like this:

Oh god and I love how all the junk items turned to ash, people have spent hundreds worth of items getting the rare ones and just to take the piss, they craft into crates! :demm:

de 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 16:34 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Quickfix Medic with demo jumping, saw that today and was like "wtf, speedhacker!". :mrgreen:

Some items like the brainslug give you assists now, if you kill an enemy alone and are in pyroland. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2012, 16:54 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Thoughts so far:

New launcher is great fun, but very tricky to use. It has no ammo loaded, you have to hold m1 to load the rockets before you can even fire one. You can't cancel the shots either, they fire as soon as you release. This makes you poor in combat, but lethal if you get the drop on anyone.

Sniper weapons are great, the rifle might be realised as overpowered in the right hands, while focused you get faster charge and you don't need to unscope while reloading. So after a few headshots you can become a killing machine. It only weakens bodshots, but that's fine. Smg is good, but fairly hard to get a kill with and then make good use of the 3 second crits.

Scorch shot I just haven't figured out yet, it doesn't really beat the detonator for applying ranged afterburn, but it is much easier as it only has to hit a wall or floor to splash afterburn. I don't see what the knockback is good for so far I knocked someone off a ledge, and knocked an engineer away from the door so I could flame him. Really it needs some good base damage to be useful. It also allows you to do tiny det jumps, and has a cool taunt.

The scout weapons are tricky ones, very easy to get the speed by heckling enemies from a distance and the extra health with the pistol allows you to sponge some damage, but being pyro food, and leavign spawn at snail speed, and not being able to jump is pretty bad.

What I really like about these weapons though is that they reward good play and they're fun to use.

de 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 13:08 
Geek (630)
Tried the new sniper rifle and see no advantage to the normal sniperrifle. Reloading moment is short anyway(and u still can see the aming croos while reloading to keep the aim), headshot and charge are not a prob anyway. So a fast charge do not help me much, but the lower body damage lets the enemie much more often survive if a headshots only becomes a bodyshot. :)

So the new rifle is a toy to play around with a little bit, but nothing to get me away from my normal sniper rifle. :)

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 23:44 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So these were found in sorcefilmaker files I think? Robotic like animations for the demoman.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 13:46 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Seem to be a little blood splat on the homepage logo, hm wonder if it links to some vague tf2 lore or something.

http://www.tf2.com/

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 13:56 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Seem to be a little blood splat on the homepage logo, hm wonder if it links to some vague tf2 lore or something.

http://www.tf2.com/
Hasn't that always been there?

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 13:57 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Noo because it leads to this http://www.teamfortress.com/gray/ :P

This 'Gray' story throws all the way back to the engineer update and has since popped up in tf2 lore during halloween and the pyromania update. He seems to be tied in with this Robot stuff.

Oh and here's a screenshot leaked from the new map, about time we had a koth map, hope it's decent.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next