Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:40

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 17:06 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So they have anounced that Meet the Pyro will be coming this year http://www.tf2.com/ with little picture of the pyro down burning a western looking place. Which could well be a western themed map :o

Along with anouncing the second annual saxxy awards. My guess if that they'll release Meet the Pyro at the end of the awards, which wouldn't be too far from the uber update, chances are we'll see a sort of second uber update, but this time it'll be with the Pyro's vid, just my guess.

Now this is the interesting bit, they mentioned that they're working on something brand new.

This and perhaps meet the pyro could well be linked to the strange clues found on cp_foundry... so we can establish I'm not doolally this time.
Not quite sure what to make of the pictures, but there seems to be some roboty looking stuff on the heavy, and the demo, and snap of the pyro. I have no clue what the numbers on the wall mean.
I've been entertaining the thought that this is all about the PvE or raid mode that was much rumoured about, and for some reason was expected for the uber update. So does this mean we'll be fighting together owning waves of robots? Either that or we get some robot hats, I like robots.

Now, speculate...

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 17:41 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
pyro is a robot, calling it now
you heard it here first folks!

(thanks for the post junco, wasn't aware of any of this and it's pretty cool :5: )

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 18:04 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Perhaps mechanised versions of the TF2 characters for some sort of horde coop mode. Us versus THEM!

Or more than likely, some over hyped robot style hats and misc items...

I think the numbers are just poking fun at Valve Time.

de 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 20:55 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
TF2 is a simulation created by GLADOS.

sk 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2012, 21:37 
Doesn't get out much (338)
TF2 was ARG for HL Episode 3 all along!! :shock: :o
For every 1000 manhours played, E3 will be released 1 second earlier! Play on! :18

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 01:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
They can take my 2000hrs already played then!

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 02:26 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
They'll gonna release Meet the Pyro and Episode 3 on the 22nd December when the world ends :shock:

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 20:42 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I haven't gone all Mel Gibson about this, but I've seen some interesting links posted, and it's fun to see the hype :mrgreen:

Take note of the 12 at the top in the circle of the gurder.
Changed to:
Apparently this guys visited Valve, and has backed up that he has with some unrelated photos he took while he was there, so make of this what you will:
Quote:
So, now that Valve's made an announcement of some sort, I can relate my visits to Valve and what I've learned about TF2. I recently took a tour with a friend 2 weeks ago, on a Thursday. It was the middle of a huge Snowstorm in the Seattle/Bellevue area. The entire city was shut down, but luckily I lived within walking distance of Valve. Sadly, Valve being Valve, the lady at the front desk who usually gives the tours forgot to tell me that there'd be nobody at work that day. When we arrived, even the lobby was locked. Would have ended there, but Erik Wolpaw happened to notice, and gave us the tour instead. What this means is that it was a lot less structured than normal, and as such, we got to talk to the few people that were there. Jeep Barnett (Hi Personguy!) and two other people were in the TF2 area, along with an artist working on Meet the Pyro.

Most of what I want to say is on the secret non-map, non-hat feature: It is NOT RAID MODE. "Raid Mode", both in name and concept, is dead. At the very least, it's no longer what it was when Walker talked about it over a year ago. Originally, it was an idea for a cooperative mode using the AI director from L4D to control TF2 bots. The idea never really worked at the level that Valve liked, so they put it aside. At an unspecified point in the future, some new programmers tried to bring it back, from last I heard around September, it had changed significantly from what it once was. On this tour, Erik asked the devs if he can say anything about "Tobor". They said all they'd tell us is that it's a mode that involves robots, and suggested we look in cp_furnace.

I was a little distracted by other things while we were talking to the guy that was working on Meet the Pyro, but he said they were close to done. I specifically asked if they had to start it over like they did Meet the Medic, and he said they were "past that point already". According to the TF2 blog, Meet the Medic was finished 6 weeks after they started again, so I'd expect it to be finished in under a month. (And what do you know, they mention how many Oscars the video's going to win, and the oscars are at the end of the month. Factoring for Valve time, that'll be around April.)

Nothing else big about TF2, but there's one funny fact I learned. One of the TF2 dev's new year's resolution was to wear a different hat to work every day. At that point, there was already a towering pillar of hats at his desk, and they joked if they should count the snow as one of his hats.

be 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 21:50 
Doesn't get out much (335)
I predict this:

Update adds not interesting
Update introduces a shitload of bugs and breaks the game for the coming 3 to 9 months at which point a patch will be released that breaks everything that wasn't broken yet.
Wait for around 1-4 months and repeat the cycle

jakezasnake1 wrote:
i got angry so i made a penis

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2012, 22:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Pinky wrote:
I predict this:

Update introduces a shitload of bugs and breaks the game for the coming 3 to 9 months at which point a patch will be released that breaks everything that wasn't broken yet.
Stating the obvious isn't a prediction ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 02:44 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Pinky wrote:
I predict this:

I predict the razorback equippable for the heavy, more demoknight weapons, a good balanced map with lots of routes, with no annoying chokepoints (everyone will hate it and not play it), a rocket launcher that minicrits on medics, and a boston basher nerf.. but but meet the pyro and robots! :mrgreen:

Oh and I forgot to mention, we can probably expect them to release Source Filmmaker
Quote:
This year, expect the Saxxys to be much bigger and better, due to the imminent unveiling of another secret.

de 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2012, 10:59 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I hope we get a new Overtime-class glitch.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2012, 10:53 
Illiterate (7)
It's pretty much given that Pyro could be a robot, and I kinda hope he/she/it is, though I kinda hope they don't disclose it, I like the mystery around the Pyro.

Personally, I hope it's the new game mode they spoke about a while back. The PvE kinda thing.

Whatever Valve choose to do, I'm sure it will be great!

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 04:36 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
What's this? Better pull up a chair, cancel your dates and take a read!
Deftoneish wrote:
It's pretty much given that Pyro could be a robot, and I kinda hope he/she/it is, though I kinda hope they don't disclose it, I like the mystery around the Pyro.
Yeah a lot of people think they're going to get some closure on who the pyro is, and his gender (clearly a guy I mean c'mon ffs) but the pyro is supppose to be enigmatic, we will never know who's in suit because nothing/no one is. So I hope they stick with that too yeah.

Anyway thought I'd update this thread for those that might be interested. So please reach for your tinfoil hats, Valve have continued being sneaky, and dropping the R bomb here and there. Like for instance the official Valve store facebook, featuring two robo-related vids http://www.facebook.com/TheValveStore.

An interesting little teaser for EDGE magazine for march:
Now as you I hope you remember the secret rooms on foundry? Good. Well this where 'tobor' first cropped up: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Tobor and the content was removed during the engineer update. Let's watch the update teaser.

Notice anything, no? Ok well lets take a look at modeller who has attracted a lot of attention recently. http://steamcommunity.com/id/hunter-kil ... kshopfiles He's a freelancer, who's done no previous models for tf2, but has worked on some portal co-op maps. These models are very nice and up to tf2 standard, nothing really to suggest they're official. infact it would be strange of them to have these on the workshop if they were the real deal. Take a look at the heavy and the demoman heads in paticular. Now watch the teaser video again look closely at the object in foreground at 0:08-00:11, done? Right now again at 00:11 onwards the bottom right corner where you can see red lights, now what do they resemble? Conicidence? Intended by the modeller? No idea, cool though eh? There was a few things very vaguely pointing towards robots around that time, but I don't want to go into all that, it'd be scraping the barrel. What I can say though, when people started looking into this guy, he set his profile to private. A community modeller, having several items in the game has said they're working on something top secret also.

Just today, thursday, they've updated the map arena_well with the top secret doors as seen on foundry.
This was noted on the update notes, but they only claimed to change the skybox. Wierd, because it's a very obscure map, that I've only seen in Saxton Hale mode, possibly one of the maps we'll be doing our PvE on. All I can say is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Also if you haven't been hiding in your cave, you might not have seen these:

fi 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 11:09 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
Also there are robot gibbs in the game files wich I noticed in the game files when playing in hammer.

02:47 <@NabNab> saifon: you so sexy ;)
02:47 <+saifon> D:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 11:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Looking at those heads makes me feel my theory on robot versions of all the classes might have some more validity to it :D

awesome! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 14:21 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Forgot about these:
Added last week to cp_mountainlab. That kinder confirms there will be a boss amongst other things. It's very likely that there will be robot versions to all the classes, if it was just some random modeller who decided he'd begin modeling for tf2 starting with robot heads that would be strange.
[SpA]NabNab wrote:
Also there are robot gibbs in the game files wich I noticed in the game files when playing in hammer.

ooo what are those like?

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 14:24 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
hmm... so pyrobot is looking very likely now. and there's now the interesting question of how deep the rabbit hole goes - cybernetic toys, or are they gonna use robots to explain away clones/respawns/whatever in the tf2 world? maybe i'm just being hyperbolic. but yeah, the smart money's on robot pyro. great post, thanks! :4

oops, wrote that up just before the above post went out. that makes alot of sense actually. PvE robot opponents incoming! (but i wonder if this cancels out the pyrobot theory?)

anyway...

N/A2808"sound\npc\robot_boss_charge_up_nuke_attack02 .wav"
N/A2809"sound\npc\robot_boss_nuke_attack.wav"

:mrgreen:

fi 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 15:28 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
WTH has nobody noticed those o.O cause it's pretty unlikely that I would be the first to find out about something...... didn't find anything in google so I'll take pics :o

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I'm sceptical they will reveal much at all with meet the pryo, because why would/should they? Surely, it will sort of ruin things if they explain the character too much, that has always been the appeal of the character and why his dialogue and barks are so funny! :D

If they are clever they will only elude to stuff or make cheeky jokes at the pyros sex etc

fi 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
aahhh it was the headless horseman... fu

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 15:46 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
They wont disclose the pyros identity, or tell us what's inside the suit. Because in terms of chracter design he is just a suit, and there's nothing to say Valve actually thought about his species or gender when designing him. It would also annoy a lot of people if they did that, it's best to keep him interesting with people believing he could be an alien, robot, girl, mexican, chinese or Abe Lincoln or whatever. Personally I just think he's a crazy dude in a suit, and that they didn't think about it any further than that.
I think meet the pyro will be unrelated to all this robot stuff, from the small pic it seems to be set in a western town, it's more likely they'll tie it with releasing source filmmaker.

fi 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 16:14 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
hmm he might be transvestite under that cause he has a flower bag in his locker :D

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 17:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]NabNab wrote:
hmm he might be transvestite under that cause he has a flower bag in his locker :D
That's just sexism nabnab! :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 22:26 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Maybe there are TWO PYROS. :shock: :shock: :shock:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 01:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Dekar wrote:
duh, red and blue! :ugly: :mrgreen:

fi 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 02:32 
Has no REAL life! (1309)
What if pyro isn't a being but a gods illusion?

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 03:04 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
What if there was no pyro, and all along it was you who'd killed all those spies?

ca 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 03:19 
Geek (776)
Crenches

de 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 09:00 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Dekar wrote:
duh, red and blue! :ugly: :mrgreen:
Maybe there are FOUR PYROS. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: