Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:56

All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
de 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 20:27 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Junco is too afraid to bump himself for the picture he edited in his last post. :hug:
Quote:
Oh and here's a screenshot leaked from the new map, about time we had a koth map, hope it's decent.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 23:16 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
You're suppose to say "wow man! do you work at valve or something!!!?"

Also, the map is now live.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 13:13 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So has there always been land raiders in Badwater?
http://imgur.com/a/GAgs3

de 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 13:36 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I hope they add Vehicles. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 13:55 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
They're on a few maps it turns out, but I can't be arsed to screenshot them all, steams being slow as shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHM7z7BK ... e=youtu.be

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 04:32 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Oh uh forgot to mention, the er robots are here.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

ca 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 05:22 
Geek (776)
:o

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 09:47 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
i've got Wednesday night off. i intend to spend it killing robots. now who's with me?! :10

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 11:41 
Community slut (13473)
Depending on the time of release we'll have 2 servers available in MvM either Wednesday or Thursday.

It's expected Sourcemod will break during this TF2 update, so expect features such as DRM(Dynamic mapcycle), SpA-points, admin access etc. to be broken for at least a day or 2.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 12:48 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
The update should go live tomorrow evening.

Fucking robots guys :5:

de 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 13:01 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
i've got Wednesday night off. i intend to spend it killing robots. now who's with me?! :10

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :5:

Even though Im a bit disppointed of the lack of Spy and Pyro (super-)robots so far.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 14:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Actually we might want to think about having a one private aswell so we've got a server whenver we want to play together.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 14:22 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Actually we might want to think about having a one private aswell so we've got a server whenver we want to play together.
I suspect our hidden reserved slot system could be of use on those servers, but I don't know for sure yet. We'll know after tomorrow.

I've also asked VALVe if they plan to implement the L4D2 server features where we can limit servers to community use only.

de 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 15:51 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Robooooots... will be up for anything on Thursday! :4

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 16:36 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I was thinking, so Saxton Hale employed all 18 mercs to defend MannCo, there's 3 maps in the hidden room on sd_doomsday (one map being Mannworks), and you can only have 6 people playing MvM at a time. That's 18 divided by 3 which makes 6... well played Valve. Looks like we'll be getting 3 MvM maps.

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 19:46 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
From: hlds_linux-bounces@list.valvesoftware.com [hlds_linux-bounces@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Fletcher Dunn [fletcherd@valvesoftware.com]
Sent: 14 August 2012 19:00
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list; Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list (hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com)
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] [hlds] TF MvM hosting questions

We will not have Steam group functionality tomorrow.

You actually have to set maxplayers to 32 to host MvM (to make room for all the bots). That's why the mode is expensive CPU-wise, to not only simulate all those players but run their AI logic as well. We'll have more details on the recommended settings tomorrow.

Regarding exactly what happens if a 24-player server switches to MvM: I actually don't think we have worked that out yet.

I'm pretty sure on day one there will be lots of people trying out all sorts of things. Our approach to experimentation in MvM will be the same as in PvP: we encourage it, provided that players are opting in to any major deviations from the vanilla experience. Our servers will all be configured vanilla, and the matchmaking will enforce the 6 player limit, and the server browser will be the primary means for players to find those sorts of customizations. What will the most interesting customizations be? What will the standard tags be used that we request server operators to set in order to help players find the modifications they want or avoid the ones they don't like? We can't know that yet. That's something we expect you guys and your players to figure out.

I will hazard a guess that raising the player count well above 6 would be detrimental the experience. There ratio of humans to bots would be off and the human defending team would not have enough challenge. (As an extreme example: imagine a 32-player server where everybody is defending an there are no bots.) Exactly how far it can be raised above 6 without totally breaking the game is speculation of course. I think a smart server operator will start out with the server configured relatively vanilla, and then watch how the game unfolds and listen to their players, and try to make smart decisions about which areas to experiment, rather than assuming the same sorts of adjustments your community prefers in PvP will automatically apply to this mode. A fun co-op mode with more than six players is likely to require entirely new missions. (The mission decides the pattern of enemy robots that come at you.) We have purposefully made it easy for players to create their own missions. (It's a lot easier than creating a whole new map!) But if you play with more than six players, with the missions we've made, I think the balance will be way off.

- Fletch

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-bounces@list.valvesoftware.com [mailto:hlds-bounces@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Saint K.
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:51 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] TF MvM hosting questions

Will we be able to restrict a MvM server to people in the steamgroup only, like in L4D2?

Saint K.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 20:57 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I read that an MvM server with 6 players will use up the same cpu as 24 player pvp game. Perhaps the a server could be private with a pasword or opted out of the quickplay system?

nl 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 21:02 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I read that an MvM server with 6 players will use up the same cpu as 24 player pvp game. Perhaps the a server could be private with a pasword or opted out of the quickplay system?
Aye, we'll cook up something. First have to await tomorrow change notes and sourcemod breakage. We have to configure the servers with 32 slots (6 human, 26 bots). I suspect it might even take more resources then a 24 slots server as it has to do all the AI and client input. We'll see what tomorrow brings :) We should have 2 servers available, so we could do 50/50, 1 public, 1 private.

ca 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 21:50 
Geek (776)
How do the robots work? Do they come in waves?

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 22:15 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
canadacanucks01 wrote:
How do the robots work? Do they come in waves?
It's speculated that will be the case yes, and they'll probably be quite big waves that will respawn more and more until the wave is up. They're likely be quite weak, or at least have a terrain disadvantage on the map. Between waves you'll be able to buy stuff (upgrades? health? ammo?) with the money that the robots drop. They'll probably use something similiar to the current bot system tf2 uses, and they will probably be more difficult to fend off as more special/giant robots are added to the horde until the tank boss comes at the end and nukes you or something.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 09:08 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Saint's da man :5: if the update isn't out tonight then Monday will be my next opportunity, and you lot can tell me how not to suck at it by then :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 11:39 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'm just hoping it doesn't ship at 3am gmt again like Day 2 last night.

So Day 2 we have upgrades and a second map. http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

cz 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 12:02 
Doesn't get out much (338)
This is going to be good! Looking forward to playing it (hopefully) tonight! :4

de 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 14:35 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Seems like a legit time consumer until the GW2 start until the BL2 start. :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 17:59 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Final boss might be an even more dangerous train than what we are used to. :?

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 00:27 
Community slut (13473)
Update won't be here before I go to sleep so I disabled sourcemod on all servers, this way the server will be accessible tonight for players.

I'll update sourcemod and reconfigure all servers in the morning.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 04:38 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Day 3 is up http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

Quote:
Added Mann vs. Machine
Added Archimedes
Added The Soldier's Stogie
Added The Robro 3000
Updated The Helmet Without a Home to be paintable
Fixed some clipping issues with The Salty Dog
Removed player penetration from The Pomson 6000 and boosted the damage to compensate

ca 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 06:56 
Geek (776)
6000 person waitlist for finding a match :P. Or about 2 hours wait.

de 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 07:42 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
15k in qeue, 30 minutes wait time. :(

And playing for loot requires tickets from the store, kinda expected that.

de 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 08:37 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Protip: Server browser, "mvm" in map field, join server with less than 6 players

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next