Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:59

All times are UTC+02:00

gb 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 14:25 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
added the people who have applied, it'll take 24 hours for you to be verified, after that i'll give you leader status torn :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 15:22 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I don't know how to apply :ugly:

Invite me, I'm just called JuncoPartner

fi 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 16:58 
Pretty useless (64)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I don't know how to apply :ugly:

Invite me, I'm just called JuncoPartner
Hmm, i think it is just by adding the higlander group from your profile.

EDIT:
I added also torn and scatter in steam (if you're the leaders so you might want to contact)

Last edited by Tontza on 11 May 2012, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 17:09 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
i think i've added junco, but it's not gone through yet. give me a shout if it's not changed by this time tomorrow

gb 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 17:17 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah I accepted

gb 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 17:59 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I've registered, but how do I find the team?

EDIT:

S'ok I found it :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 19:44 
Geek (630)
Registered as Dunken..add me please. :18

cz 
PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 20:07 
Doesn't get out much (338)
My nick is Gzeus , you can add me too.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 03:17 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
added you both, i think that there's something in your inbox/user profile/whatever that you have to accept so you'll need to do that :5:

---

So, I did a thing that escalated pretty quickly. I more or less explain what it is in the intro video so I won't go into that here.

I think I recorded this as much in the hope that it might turn into something that would be usable as a general Highlander guide rather than something intended mainly to help out you guys, so at the moment it kind of lands somewhere in the middle. I hope it's helpful either way!

When I recorded all this, I did it all in one sitting, mostly thinking that it would be listened to all at the same time. But because this totals at more than 2 hours long and because I say 'umm' alot and because there's weird popping noises cos I had the mic too close to my mouth, I'd be surprised if everyone on the team did that! So I've uploaded them on youtube (they're unlisted, so only people following them from this thread or have the direct link will be able to see them) in class-by-class segments to make them a bit easier to digest, and so that I can add on annotations to make good on from any feedback I get.

Speaking of - if you're familiar with Highlander, then if you could give your class's section a listen and report back with what you think then that would be very useful: this is by no means a perfect thing, in fact it's very very rough, but feedback = better guide = better team. Also, if you think you might be doing some main calling at some point or are less familiar with Highlander strategy then I'd give the whole thing a listen (if it's not completely overwhelming D: ), hell I'd intended it originally to be listened to in one go more or less so give it a shot if you've got nothing to do for the next few hours :demm:

Once I've got through the classes I'll upload the little addendum I recorded, which covers a couple of points that I forgot to put in with the main sections.

Enjoy (if that's even possible :ugly: ) and let me know what you think!

Last edited by [SpA]Scatterbrain on 12 May 2012, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 04:52 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Listened to the pyro one and I'll give some feedback. Not sure if you wanted this much or not but :ugly:

se 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 05:10 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (118)
Nice work put in Scatter:D checking it out.

Also here is more stuff worth watching: http://www.youtube.com/user/VanillaTVorg

There are whole highlander matches (and 6v6 etc)
and also Insights - you see a POV on a pro player at a class and hear their mumble communication and sometimes some comments - great stuff :D
example, for spy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVDsx5Fc ... ature=plcp

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 13:18 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Listened to the pyro one and I'll give some feedback. Not sure if you wanted this much or not but :ugly:
nah man that's perfect, just the sort of feedback i was hoping for!
_ToRnAiDo_ wrote:
Nice work put in Scatter:D checking it out.

Also here is more stuff worth watching: http://www.youtube.com/user/VanillaTVorg

There are whole highlander matches (and 6v6 etc)
and also Insights - you see a POV on a pro player at a class and hear their mumble communication and sometimes some comments - great stuff :D
example, for spy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVDsx5Fc ... ature=plcp
vanillaTV have some great stuff. the commentary on the highlander games tends to be a bit shit (hildreth is alright-but-quiet, comedian is just annoying), but the insights are great. i'd particularly recommend the medic one, because there is a cast of the same match that allows you a third person perspective - watching both of those gives an excellent insight into how the medic should be positioned in given situations and how his team's positioning relates to that.

i haven't looked at exTV's highlander stuff but i know that their 6s casts have this really annoying habit of always showing the first-person view of one player, which isn't useful at all when trying to learn from them. still, the highlander casts might be different so it may be worth a look.

EDIT: junco, just had a thought - does the detonator 'reload itsself' like the flaregun does?

also, annotations are up on the pyro video

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 18:09 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
added you both, i think that there's something in your inbox/user profile/whatever that you have to accept so you'll need to do that :5:

---
Both... uh.. what about me?

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 18:40 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
didn't need to actually add you as you found the apply button, i just accepted the application :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 19:06 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Deadringer depends heavily on the enemies ability to spycheck and/or to turn around once in a while, and if they have a pyro, jarate, milk they might kill you anyway, removing the benefit of surviving and losing the permanent cloak.

Switching watches is important:
-They will probably stop spychecking once they fake kill you if you just switched to DR after using a different watch for a long time, giving you the chance for a good attack when they not expect it.
-Sometimes you just see no light against an enemy team and using a different watch that forces you to use a different tactic can be all that you need to be more effective.
-Some spots on offense can be locked down with spam, to get past them DR is required.

If everything else fails, keep killing the lone sniper. :P

Spy can give his team enemy locations/incoming pushes and enemy uber status.

Last edited by [SpA]Dekar on 12 May 2012, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 19:08 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
didn't need to actually add you as you found the apply button, i just accepted the application :mrgreen:
Highlander SpA|com highlander [Not Yet Verified]

Is there something else I need to do?

gb 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 19:15 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Dekar wrote:
Deadringer depends heavily on the enemies ability to spycheck and/or to turn around once in a while, and if they have a pyro, jarate, milk they might kill you anyway, removing the benefit of surviving and losing the permanent cloak.

Switching watches is important:
-They will probably stop spychecking once they fake kill you if you just switched to DR after using a different watch for a long time, giving you the chance for a good attack when they not expect it.
-Sometimes you just see no light against an enemy team and using a different watch that forces you to use a different tactic can be all that you need to be more effective.
-Some spots on offense can be locked down with spam, to get past them DR is required.

If everything else fails, keep killing the lone sniper. :P

Spy can give his team enemy locations/incoming pushes and enemy uber status.
cool, will take all that into consideration and update accordingly. zombie's in the middle of a listen through so i'll wait and see what he has to say before i update anything tonight.

annarack - for me it looks like you've been verified ok. as long as you've entered the correct steam ID it should be fine (though i did run the ID you have on etf2l through steamidfinder.com and didn't get any results so it may be entered incorrectly). so i'd double check that you've entered the correct one, if you haven't i'm not sure how to change it, you may have to contact an admin on #etf2l on IRC. if it's the correct ID and it's not just gone through yet, i'd wait til tomorrow and see if it updates, if not, again message the admins.

de 
PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 21:44 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
On king of the hill maps spys always bump into each other at the start of the round ( true fact ), so the team should listen and throw some fire / jarate / whatever in that direction ( on the next round ) if possible.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 14:21 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Defo the correct ID, I googled it :mrgreen:

Scatter, you are awesome doing all those casts :hug:

I listened to the intro and scout, soldier and medic. I might listen to the rest some other time.

I'd just like to add to what you said about the Medic. Generally to just keep your team in front of you, suicide medics are useless in any game. Sometimes I play an aggressive medic but as Scatter says, it all depends on how the game is going as not every strategy will work when playing Medic. The Medic's game can be quite varied therefore you need to adapt to how the game is playing by listening to your team. If another class is losing health then drop back to the Medic. Calling the Medic to the front will get him killed. The Medic is the backbone of the team and will help to push the team forward but once the Medic is down the team could be in trouble so you need to stay alive until the Medic can get back to you. If the Medic is at threat at spawn then the scout is best here to help as he can run back the fastest and rescue the Medic being under attack at spawn. I find the Blutsauger a very handy weapon when in these situations because if you are on a 1 on 1 attack you can regain your health by each hit usually ending up with a successful kill. If the enemy gets close enough just switch to your melee weapon and give him a couple of stabs, I tend to use the Ãœbersaw for the reasons Scatter has already mentioned.

se 
PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 23:56 
Good point with the boston basher:) and that's about it what a scout should do, if they havent got super good protection for their medic, it's worth a couple deaths to get it a few times - kamikaze:) Medic should be even worse to lose in HL than 6v6?

Havent listened to the spy but in the pro 6v6 HL showmatch im watching spies are doing huge damage with ambassador headshots, one of does only headshotting basically^^

and also Insights - you see a POV on a pro player at a class and hear their mumble communication and sometimes some comments - great stuff :D most from the best HL team in Europe, SNSD (cotains alot of swedes ofc!)

Spy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVDsx5Fc ... ature=plcp
Sniper Badw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF_-5Cnm ... ature=plcp
Sniper viaduct http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt6F-ISs ... BA3D8FF2E6
Heavy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpDH95jb ... ure=relmfu
Medic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT3j6pdY ... ure=relmfu

Last edited by [SpA]_ToRnAiDo_ on 16 May 2012, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 23:39 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
haven't got round to updating the rest of the annotations yet, keep the feedback coming if you're in the team!

hopefully i'll be at home this weekend so i'll be in tf2, able to record stuff, talk with you guys about stuff in mumble/in game etc - so let me know what you think would be helpful for me to do and i'll see if i can do it :5:

se 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 06:24 
Would be fun with another HL game at Sunday 20/5 :D maybe it's a bit short notice, but most people are gaming at a sunday night anyway so maybe it's possible^^
What do ya think?

nl 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 11:01 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I'd love to join in if you can squeeze me in. Providing my internet behaves :(

de 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 12:15 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Probably being around :18

gb 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 13:43 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
if you don't need me to play, i'll probably be spectating :5:

if i get a chance, i'll do a tutorial vid on badwater this weekend. it's a very common map in highlander and alot of the stuff their applies to other payload maps so i think it's worth taking a look at

gb 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 14:00 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Can't do this sunday, things are going to be messy for me until I move out of student halls at the end of may.
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
if you don't need me to play
No we don't need scatter really, all he does is heal and make important calls :ugly:

fi 
PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 14:21 
Pretty useless (64)
Hmm, im not sure if im online on sunday evening.
But if i am, i'd like to play. I'll post new info when i know for sure.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 May 2012, 17:56 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
are we still doing this tonight?

de 
PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 17:47 
Likes to type... (240)
Hi guys.. (and Anna ofc :18 )

sorry.. for not being online the last days..
..but I tried to follow your steps here and in etf2l and see some good things going on.. nice! :5:
The line-up is fine and some backups already there, so it might be a good player base to do some matches.
Dont know if u played a match on sunday.. didnt read that early enough.. sry..
If you want to do another match against GGC (as i said before), just let me know.. was rly fun for all of us.

Btw.. nice work Scatter.. im not finished yet, but will give u some feedback specially for solly and medic.
..and two things on medic, cause they were pointed out by Anna..
"If another class is losing health then drop back to the Medic. Calling the Medic to the front will get him killed." --> i totally agree (i know that from my "medic-matches".. its not worth when you rescue one or two classes and then drop the über (or über-advantage)
"I find the Blutsauger a very handy weapon when in these situations because if you are on a 1 on 1 attack you can regain your health by each hit usually ending up with a successful kill." --> I dont agree (I know there are match-situations where one weapon is better than the other, but in most situations like this, there happened a mistake before, cause as medic, best is, you dont have the situation 1 on 1.. ur teammates have to look around for you and save you there.. and you have to heal them and not to shoot by yourself [the pocket solly is better on defending when hes fully buffed, specially near scouts on medic and sooly can be taken down easy with the splash-damage, but without heal and medic blood-sucking, the solly will go down] ..and the blutsauger slows your regeneration, specially when u are on fire or hit by a rocket or somnething else.) .. just my thoughts.. :wink:

so.. hopefully see u later on the servers.. bye :18

se 
PostPosted: 26 May 2012, 18:07 
That match didn't happen :/ was only like 4-5 online when i checked, gotta play 6v6 this sunday.

Found a nice way to get some highlander action anyway :) steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/colony9v9 it's a mix/gather highlander group where announcements are posted when there is highlander games coming up. We can start up games there too if we're not 9 but want a game^^

There's also www.tf2lobby.com -actually quite alot of HL games there too, not rly comms but still better than pub:)

Played a few maps yday and it was rly fun, comms mandatory etc, sure as hell better practice than usual public :) especially since SpA's are mostly empty. I will invite people from our team when we are people short in that also.

Maybe I can get access to the spa-events server for when scatter etc aren't around? I've done server "managment" before:)

Name a day when GGC can play and we'll hopefully be able to play too?

cya'll