Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:07

All times are UTC+01:00

it 
 Post subject: SpA bball
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 22:22 
Illiterate (3)
I request to remove the new "ctf_ballin_sky" map on the "pain train" bball2 server (85.17.60.96:26065), and put the original "ctf_bball2" back. The original map has less bugs. For instance, whilst capping and dying at the same time on ballin sky you spawn twice on the next round.
I've also noticed that changing class (or something similar) while dead makes you respawn instantly (I don't know if it's the map's fault or they added something to the game with some patch, I haven't been around for some time).
Also, adding the cvar "tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1" would do very good.
Thanks in advance.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: SpA bball
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 16:06 
Community slut (13473)
Thanks for posting.

[SpA]allig4t0r, what's your opinion?

ru 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 23:22 
Crap at posting (28)
Quote:
For instance, whilst capping and dying at the same time on ballin sky you spawn twice on the next round.
Can't reproduce it. Capped and died at the same time and nothing was wrong after that. I noticed this problem, but that was on the rocket launcher server, thought about fast respawn plugin. It doesn't happen all the time, it was 1 or 2 times in 30 min match for me. I think that's not so big problem but I'll be glad if you show us when it really happens.
Quote:
I've also noticed that changing class (or something similar) while dead makes you respawn instantly

As I know, that's working on every map. Maybe cause of class limiter, rocket launcher doesn't have this prob, you just can't change class other than soldier.

it 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2012, 22:19 
Illiterate (3)
I was talking about the "pain train" server. It obviously allows demomen and I have no issue with that since there's the "rocket launcher" server in case I don't wan't them. Class switching is not map related, but the respawn bug is, the fact that you can't reproduce it doesn't mean it isn't there, else I wouldn't have reported it. Tell me of any bugs in ctf_bball2. It's only by changing map that problems arise: as far as I know ctf_bball2 is perfect.
A nice addition to the server would be a whitelist that allows no unlockables, now that I think of it.

ru 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2012, 23:34 
Crap at posting (28)
Simonine wrote:
I was talking about the "pain train" server. It obviously allows demomen and I have no issue with that since there's the "rocket launcher" server in case I don't wan't them. Class switching is not map related, but the respawn bug is, the fact that you can't reproduce it doesn't mean it isn't there, else I wouldn't have reported it. Tell me of any bugs in ctf_bball2. It's only by changing map that problems arise: as far as I know ctf_bball2 is perfect.
A nice addition to the server would be a whitelist that allows no unlockables, now that I think of it.
Don't worry so much, that's just a problem that can be resolved. I was talking about classlimit plugin. As far as I know, changing map will not change player ability to change class repeatedly and spawn faster.

Bball2 isn't perfect at all, basket allows players to spam and kill easily. Also it has strong limitation in height what makes a huge difference while playing. These things just don't allow players to evolve.

I wrote an email to ctf_ballin map creator, who knows - maybe he can sort something out.

it 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2012, 00:13 
Illiterate (3)
Baskets can be abused, yes, but are also needed in some situations, in which cases the new ballin map removes the possibility to defend from a cap (and actually dampens gameplay). There are worse abuses than that, like camping behind it or spawning with a shotgun. Both though are subjective: you don't really remove the room behind the base line because it's annoying, you don't remove the chance to respawn with a shotgun because it's annoying, and you don't remove the walls because you can wallshot. Making the boards a void for the rockets is entirely based on an arbitral decision (which is based on people's whining).
You don't need infinite height in any map in TF2. If you are implying that you need to fly (upwards, that is) every time you get airshot, you need to revise your style (plus rockets are slow, making an eventual second airshot tediously hard compared to the speed you'll be flying at that point in time).
The soldier class is not capable of larger rocket jumps than duck tap (or crouch tap) jumping, and you can do all of them already in ctf_bball2 (and apart from Operaattori I barely can name another player capable of doing them as consistently).