Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:29

All times are UTC+01:00

de 
 Post subject: Autoscramble
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 07:01 
Geek (630)
Hi,

need to complain a little bit about the autoscramble. :)
I just think it does his job "too good" and too often.
Have been annoyed about it since a long time already and i think with that sensitive set up it does more bad than good.

Have two examples only from yesterday.

1.We played foundry and the the first round was a very good, close game , even when the scores of the teams had a difference. Then after that close fight the autoscramble came , and messed up the even teams . The second round then was so, that it was not an even fight at all anymore. People complained about that dumb scramble and that there was no need for the scramble at all.
2. In the evening we had really good players on both teams. Both teams were somehow "clanstacked" and it was an amazing game at goldrush.
After a hard,even and funny fight, the autoscramble scrambled the teams after a few rounds :(
Everybody was annoyed,because there was no need for that scramble at all again and people wanted to finish that fight on the map completly.

Then i find it generally annoying if the autoscramble comes in on a payload or attack/defend map, because most people, in my opinion, prefer to play both sides, defend and attack, and not get scrambled inbetween. Especially if there is not really a reason for it. Much more annoying to get scrambled two times inbetween a map :)

Could the autoscramble be set to a less sensitivity. It is more annoying to have a scramble so often and useless, then to play sometimes with little unfair teams.I think lots of people would be willing to change by themselves if it really gets too unbalanced. I think the often and unnessecary scramble does no good for keeping the players on the server.
Do not know how it is possible to tweek the autoscramble but maybe it is possible to make it less sensitive. ;)

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Autoscramble
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 09:16 
Community slut (13473)
You are correct.

I think the best we can do is disable scrambling all together, and only have the mod balance on per player basis (during the game you see it changing a player every now and then), I think that is a better solution.

de 
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 16:58 
Hmm, maybe not Illiterate (18)
Would it be possible to toggle a vote for a scramble instead?
In my opinion only a few players would have voted for a scramble yesterday, so it would have been rejected.
But sometimes it is really necessary to scramble teams up ^^

de 
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 18:19 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Was in the same boat (on 1) with Dunken yesterday and the scramble was really strange. The points hadn't even that big difference.

Dunno how the admin activity is nowadays (was back to TF2 after loooong break), but what about disabling automatic scramble and only let admins trigger it through their menu? Otherwise the per-player-thingy sounds fair, too.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2013, 19:11 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Shub Nyggurath wrote:
Would it be possible to toggle a vote for a scramble instead?
In my opinion only a few players would have voted for a scramble yesterday, so it would have been rejected.
But sometimes it is really necessary to scramble teams up ^^
Something like this could be looked into, but we'd have to do it a way that it wouldn't mess up games even worse.