Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:55

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 17:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So currently our servers are running Ultimate Mapchooser, a very feature rich voting plugin. We can do a lot with this plugin like allowing people to rock the vote, and nominate maps, changing vote choices according to time of day and player count. So if there's anything you want just ask and we might have something for it. We're still learning how to use the configs as we go, but we've got the basics down.

Currently UMC selects 5 maps from 3 different groups of maps and puts them in a vote:
Code:
Maps in vote 2
"cp_badlands"
"cp_fastlane"
"cp_foundry"
"cp_freight_final1"
"cp_granary"
"cp_gullywash_final1"
"cp_coldfront"
"cp_process_final"

Maps in vote 2
"pl_badwater"
"pl_barnblitz"
"pl_frontier_final"
"pl_upward"
"pl_goldrush"

Maps in vote 1
"cp_standin_final"
"cp_gravelpit"
"cp_steel"
"cp_gorge"
"koth_viaduct"
!nominate currently has all valve maps besides MvM and halloween.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 00:37 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
We've had problems with the vote not being triggered before the map ends, so if you can grab a screenshot of scorebored when the map ends without a vote being triggered and post it here that would be fab.
Btw, you can set TF2 to automatically take screenshots of the scoreboard at the end of every round. Can't remember where the setting is exactly but it's in the in-game options somewhere.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 14:49 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Quick update:

-Added some maps to the vote pool (will update op later)

-Maps need 45% of votes to win, otherwise a runoff vote with the 2 winners is held

-Rock the vote works, needs 6 players on the server to be enabled, currently 65% percent of players on the server are needed to type !rtv to trigger it

-Nominations should now work properly, you can nominate all valves maps (minus MvM and Halloween) no custom maps currently. Usage: !nominate

-I've messed witht the time_limit for cp_egypt and sd_doomsday, let me know it's any better now.

-Added '#1' to the server name as requested :wink:

I can change most of these settings if they're not ideal, so let me know what you think, or if anything is broken.

de 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 14:51 
Geek (630)
You wanted feedback ;)
Why not just stick to the most popular maps even in the vote.
Let`s face it, the server has no regulars anymore after that time(they have other servers now as favs),so it needs new players and randoms that needs to be attracted .
As long as it cannot fill on its own or hold the players on its own, every mapvote that lasts in in slightly unpopular map will empty the server.

Gullywash, coldfront,egypt, freight,doomsday, even fastlane will empty the server. Hightower/gravelpit sometimes even empties popular servers, but for them its it is not such a prob because they fill again on their own. That all are just maps that popular servers can survive with as they have enough regulars that join even if a slightly unpopular maps is running.

Keep it running at the most popular maps, even with vote...otherwise (in my opion) it will never get popular again so that it will fill on its own and will stay full.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 16:36 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
We started with all the popular maps only in the vote, but we ended up with same maps playing over and over again. Once !nominate is working for sure, I might go back to popular maps again. We have to strike a balance between attracting new players with the popular maps, and keeping regulars by keeping a good variety of maps, popularity is all good and well, but it needs to be fun too.

I disagree with that strongly! We have a great bunch of regulars, sure we're not a huge community like LZ or HH, but having nearly all players on the server familiar faces the other night was really good. A lot of communities aren't lucky enough to have this!

But yeah, if we can get nominations to work again, I might switch us back to the most popular maps. I'll see if we get anymore feedback, cheers :5:

de 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 16:51 
Geek (630)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I disagree with that strongly! We have a great bunch of regulars, sure we're not a huge community like LZ or HH, but having nearly all players on the server familiar faces the other night was really good. A lot of communities aren't lucky enough to have this!
Oh :D maybe that is a misunderstanding :D

"Regulars" for me, are players who join the server on their own, without invitation to fill because they prefer to play on it. Eeven when its half full before they just think about playing somewhere else. :)
From my definition the SpA server has not really "Regulars" anymore because the old "regulars" either have other servers as their favs now or stopped playing/play other games. And before they return as "regulars" the server must be better /more interesting then the server they have now as their new fav.

No one is really interesting to join an empty server in the evening to fill it up, not knowing if he would waste the small amount of time that he has to play in the evening.
Difficult thingy :wink:

de 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 17:53 
Likes to type... (240)
.. in most cases I agree with Dunken..
now.. if !nominate works, we maybe can strip the voting-map-pool a bit..

just a thought..
best would be.. the server has to work by itself when nobody of us (you, me, SpA, GGC, other regulars) is on..
so just popular (most pl) maps in the voting.. the other maps can be nominated if we want to play them..

short question: how many maps can we nominate for one vote?

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 13:18 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Right, just need confirmation from someone that !nominate works and shows up in the vote. I just tested this and triggered the vote via console and my nominated map showed up. I just need to know if it will work by itself. Once it does, I'll cut out some of the less popular maps, and we'll see how that goes. I don't think there's a limit for nominations yet, but if I add one it will probably be two.

Once that's fixed and done, next we can get the random map cycle (when empty) to work, and then I can take a look at max rounds and time limits, and some of suggestions tripplem gave me. Feedback on the new maps timelimits and maxrounds would be nice too!
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
"Regulars" for me, are players who join the server on their own, without invitation to fill because they prefer to play on it. Eeven when its half full before they just think about playing somewhere else. :)
From my definition the SpA server has not really "Regulars" anymore because the old "regulars" either have other servers as their favs now or stopped playing/play other games. And before they return as "regulars" the server must be better /more interesting then the server they have now as their new fav.

No one is really interesting to join an empty server in the evening to fill it up, not knowing if he would waste the small amount of time that he has to play in the evening.
Difficult thingy :wink:
I think we have a variety of regulars, some who join when it's empty, maybe some when it's half full, some wont even join until it's already full! I consider them all regulars, just some are more prepared to get to work and fill up the server. If people don't want to play at SpA sometimes, then that's fine too. Sometimes I don't want to server fill either, and just want a quick game on another server. No one wants to have an hour to play tf2, but end up spending that hour playing with 4-5 people waiting for more to join. So yeah I understand :)

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 15:05 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I removed 8 unpopular maps for now, and updated the OP with the map pool. I know not all of them are super popular maps, but I still want to keep it interesting.

Still let me know how !nominate behaves.

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 01:06 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
There's a small problem with the votes adding random valve maps to each vote when no one's !nominated a map, will have this fixed some time in during the weekend :18

de 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 14:12 
Likes to type... (240)
Hey guys..

just some short feedback again cause I saw that yesterday..
in the case no one is on the server or just 1 or 2 idling..
maybe try to run a different map on the server..?!

Something popular that many ppl like to play..
yesterday there was "cp_standin_final" running a few times i had a look..
and nobody wants to join this, when only one player is on the server..

just try it out :ugly:

cu laters
:5:

edit: maptimes on PL and Att/Def are working rly nice.. (not sure about the 5cp-maps.. if its long enough..?! will have a closer look)

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 15:43 
Community slut (13473)
[GDC]mttriplem wrote:
Hey guys..

just some short feedback again cause I saw that yesterday..
in the case no one is on the server or just 1 or 2 idling..
maybe try to run a different map on the server..?!

Something popular that many ppl like to play..
yesterday there was "cp_standin_final" running a few times i had a look..
and nobody wants to join this, when only one player is on the server..

just try it out :ugly:

cu laters
:5:

edit: maptimes on PL and Att/Def are working rly nice.. (not sure about the 5cp-maps.. if its long enough..?! will have a closer look)
We're trying to figure out if we can somehow set a default map when the server is empty. This plugin however is so feature rich, it takes a university degree to understand it all! Good thing is though, Junco has almost graduated :ugly: :mrgreen:

se 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 20:28 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (118)
is this a super plugin for super admins? :roll: or not like the ingame plugin at all but on ftp and stuff?

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 22:06 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]_ToRnAiDo_ wrote:
is this a super plugin for super admins? :roll: or not like the ingame plugin at all but on ftp and stuff?
It's a plugin that runs automatically, without admin control.