Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:05

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2013, 03:00 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11023

We're getting cp_process and cp_standin, I was going to post some images and vids, but er probably everyone who would have read this thread already know, and well you have google so :18

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2013, 14:16 
The one and only (619)
I'm very much looking forward to this.. So many places to trickstab... :D

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 11:07 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Some very interesting words regarding weapon tweaks http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11024

Have to say I really like this TF2 team, to go from the horrors of the uber update, weekly game promos, and the rushed manniversary in 2011 to last years more careful updates and fixes, and now a genuine concern about what they've already put in the game, it's looking good. Thing is I was recently talking to Scatter about the other soldier backpacks being unappealing compared to the Buff banner, and then to Zenergy about the deadringer aswell actually. Have to say I look forward to using the deadringer once it becomes a propper spy watch.

I mean they might do a bad job on some weapons. The axtinguisher and degreaser (though they already tweaked it) might be in the firing line, which I'm kind of ok with. Maybe minisentries will get a tweak? We'll see, I'm optimistic.

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 11:42 
Community slut (13473)
I like the upcoming deadringer changes! God damn spies!

Furthermore, I basically hate all the weapon upgrades and other crap (cept for my sword and shield of course :ugly: ).

I wish TF2 would just automatically make a good selection of the weapons you have, instead of you having to invest a ton of time figuring out what the fuck all the weapons and crap do.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2013, 13:19 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
This is going to be the best update in years if it keeps going this way. Thank you based Gaben :57

de 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 01:59 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Back to the old times where spies cant get past bottlenecks. :|

If every weapon in the game drains cloak now, they should drain uber too. Pomsons for everyone!

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 02:19 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Dekar wrote:
Back to the old times where spies cant get past bottlenecks. :|

If every weapon in the game drains cloak now, they should drain uber too. Pomsons for everyone!
It wouldn't surprise me if they buffed the cloak time or something aswell. The deadringer is really annoying and kind of broken, but if they nerfed it further it wouldn't be viable anymore, it already is and feels nerfed. They need to tweak it carefully, so it gets you through spam, but doesn't stay as the ridiculous damage tanker it is currently.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 13:55 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
64 cosmetics to come now aswell, come on give me a new pyro hat, come on, oh yes new pyro hat, give me it :4

de 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 14:51 
Has no REAL life! (4162)

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2013, 23:50 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Updates incoming!

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 00:34 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I thought they'd be doing more significant map changes - I wasn't even aware of most of these bugs - but they're the sort of things that should've been sorted out ages ago.

Almost all of the weapon balances are really good.
Shortstop is presumably being changed to synergise with the quick fix (which itself had a needed buff - the uber effect is still pretty bad though); Winger change is really cool; we all knew a minisentry nerf was coming, I was hoping it would be more than this but it's a start; Rescue Ranger was a great weapon already but only really useful for minor repairs, this might make it possible to actually tank your sentry a bit more; good Wrangler changes, let's see how inaccurate it turns out to be; if the bullet damage reduction on the Danger Shield includes sniper bullets then that's kinda lame, but whatever; Le'Tranger change is great, really works with the new Dead Ringer (which I think is a good idea so far).

So, yeah. Awesome update :mrgreen:

us 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 03:57 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
What about cratecooler wise, I was unboxing a few.

Got the Cool Cat Cardigan, the Bigg Mann on Campus, The After Dark and more importantly to me: Gabe's Glasses :4

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 11:45 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Heavy fez and biker jacket for me :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 11:58 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Unboxed a Compatriot (soldier eagle), sold it for 2 keys before the value of the new stuff plummets :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 16:53 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Important bit of info for the deadringer, if you use the l'etranger with it for +40% cloak. Your damage resistance is not extended, it stops when using the extra +40% of cloak. So you remain cloaked, but you take full damage.

Some thoughts:

-People are still going to use the escape plan, but the nerf was unessesary, they could at least give it normal weapon damage now you take mini-crits using it.

-Kind of cool what they did with the sets, the powerjack is now a lot of fun, maybe too good? At least now it can compete with the axtinguisher. The eternal reward should have granted some reduced cloak sound as it doesn;t have much going for it now :( The crossbow doesn't give you any extra health regen for the medic, so not much point in using it now? Sad fate.

-Mini-sentry 'bug' fix, sounds great, means you can't just plop them down for cheap escapes.

-Not happy about the targe actually stopping demomen ignite, if you're running a flaregun and axtinguisher, all you can do is airblast them away and hope a teammate intervenes. Or pull off a very quick flarepunch with the degreaser, because you can't really kill them otherwise. I mean they're annoying enough, now with some pyro loadouts you can barely dent them.

-Quick-fix is very viable now in my opinion with that 50% of overheal!

Other than that, there are some great tweaks in the patch notes that's going breath a little life into some old weapons. May not be happy with everything, but overall a great rebalancing I think.

de 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2013, 20:31 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
New DR Mechanics:
Quote:
Now it exists 2 kinds of duration, seperately. The first kind is the cloak duration , it's how long you're gonna be invisible. The second is the "supercloak" duration, it's how long you're gonna have the effect like damage reduction and "no flickering".

Each time you get hit, your duration of "super cloak" will decrease according to how large the damage is.

Once the duration of the "supercloak" is over, you'll lose all effects of the DR, but not your invisibility. You'll flicker normally when taking damage or bumping into people. DR'll then act like a normal watch.
What does this have effect on you? Since the damage you take can be any kind of what considered "damage". DR'll break after a bunch of damage. That means, if a pyro constantly lights you on fire after your DR is triggered, you'll probably die in less than 3 seconds.

Thank you for reading.
I think this nerf is okish from what I experienced on pub. Now they could really do a Spy Update 2.0 though, fixing the useless spy weapons and maybe giving us a few more different playstyles to keep our opponents guessing. Or just buffing him a bit to be on par with all the new anti spy weapons added since. A normal watch with silent decloak could for example be a good compromise.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 00:28 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Interesting, I like that, certainly feel inclined to use it now no one can cry about it.

Yeah some of his weapons need some life and a new style of play. Like I hear the kunai is really fun. The eternal reward really should have gotten the silent decloak, would have been balanced imo.

Edit: recent addition: When disguised as a teammate, the Dead Ringer will drop the body of the player the Spy is disguised as

Oh and these were found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YjPQxgdmUc