Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:48

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: TF2 Bread Update!
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2014, 20:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Not sure if anyone remembers in 2011 where sometimes scout gibs would include a white dove flying away to tease the Uber Update and Meet the Medic, but they're doing it again now with bread. Sometimes bread will just spawn from teleport exits, here's the bread:
They've been teasing bread and mutant bread since 2013 with secret pages and promo images. There are also leaked files for throwing animations for them and sfm props so they're something to do with 15 minute tf2 movie. The secret page shows the Giftapult we eventually got, and hints at Dispenser disguises.There are some files ingame for that currently, not sure if they'll add it for sure but they did play with the idea.

There's a load of added strings or whatever for weapon attributes like a tranquilizer, sixshot sniper rifle, throwing knife and a concussion grenade, but who knows. What we can bet on though from the horse's mouth is a Parachute for Soldier!!!

de 
 Post subject: Re: TF2 Bread Update TBA
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 07:40 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Throwing knife? They didnt forget spy after all. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 15:20 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
If the added attributes are anything to go on, they've either tested or are planning to give the spy a watch that lets you attack while cloaked, a dispenser disguise, a tranquilizer gun, and then there's this texture in the files:

us 
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2014, 15:23 
Geek (733)
Seems like this update could bring lots of cool toys to try out. :D

us 
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2014, 23:56 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
This sounds quite interesting. I'm excited! Keep us posted.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2014, 14:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
TF2 is getting revived with this update :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2014, 15:22 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
You can be sure of that! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 11:07 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
We have a countdown http://www.teamfortress.com/countdown/suspense.htm

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 16:01 
Geek (733)
Woo! This is a time where it's good to be an American. I'll even be home for this update to try it out. :4

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 16:32 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
That's quite a lengthy countdown!

us 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 23:08 
Doesn't get out much (341)
Less than 3 hours away, can't wait! :4

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014, 23:12 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
That's quite a lengthy countdown!
Oh thats odd, earlier today it said it would take 9 more days....

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 02:20 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
The short is awesome :4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 03:50 
Geek (733)
Looks like a cool new thing. Ferocious, man-eating bread, who would've thought? :4

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 21:04 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
That was amazing :mrgreen:

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 21:52 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Huehuehue, brilliant.
Aaand now I'm hoping for a TF2 web series...

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 22:14 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Must play more TF2... Must not eat the bread.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2014, 22:37 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
It's really sad that it's likely we wont see a short as good as this from them again. They had to bring in Nolan North (Merasmus) to voice engineer instead Goodeve, soldier's voice actor has throat cancer so he can't shout :( (hence why "I TELEPORTED BREAD!!" sounded off, North voiced it) Availability of voice actors is going to hurt future shorts I think. It's not easy reprising roles you voiced for a video game in 2007.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 00:21 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Eh, I've seen people complaining about the voices being off but I honestly didn't notice until the 2nd watch. They might not be perfect but imo they don't detract from the overall finish at all. Valve are still investing in TF2 after all this time so we can still dream about a mega-length film, a mini series or even more or this sort of thing :4

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 01:01 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Oh no I'm not complaining, Nolan did a good job taking on engineers lines and one of soldier's louder lines. Valve did their best with that, but there's a chance soldier's voice actor wont be able to work anymore if throat worsens, engineers original VA might not comeback, Sniper's VA has retired to do writing I think. Not sure whats up with demo/heavy's VA, they brought him in but he barely did any lines.

It's likely we'll get a fair few small videos, like the one introducing MvM and the medic forcefield/reviver but nothing as spectacular as say Meet the Medic. The short took at least two years of hard work to complete and it looks like they only just managed to ship it in time. Had to even do a little mocapping to save them some work (I'm guessing). Originally they wanted to do a near feature length, but they said it was far too much for them. My point is it's a ton of work to complete a polished 3D short, and as much as I love everything they do it's just not feasible for them at all :(

However! There is a community short and update in the works and from snippets I've seen it looks great. They're still working with Valve on it. Here's the trailer if you haven't already seen it from last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... mVsOl9qAhs
Think it was mentioned somewhere they were planning for to be an 8 minute short.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 02:12 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Interesting stats on these weapons http://www.teamfortress.com/loveandwar/index2.htm

us 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 03:09 
Geek (733)
Indeed, those weapons do have some unique stats. I personally like the sniper rifle that charges without zooming in.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 03:11 
Doesn't get out much (341)
The B.A.S.E Jumper is a stupid idea imo. You can easily be sniped or killed while you descend to the ground. I'm alright with the other weapons.

[15:38] <@{Patogy}> No, I had it in myanus
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> Which is uranus for you
[15:38] <@{Patogy}> ;)

be 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 10:03 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Oh no I'm not complaining, Nolan did a good job taking on engineers lines and one of soldier's louder lines. Valve did their best with that, but there's a chance soldier's voice actor wont be able to work anymore if throat worsens, engineers original VA might not comeback, Sniper's VA has retired to do writing I think. Not sure whats up with demo/heavy's VA, they brought him in but he barely did any lines.
You forgot about the voice actor of the Pyro :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 10:46 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I think what me annoyed about the voices in the video is that pyro had not a single line, heavy only has like 1 old line.(Sniper doesnt have a lot of screentime, not noticed that much he is silent :P ) Didnt really negativly notice any out of line voices for the talking characters.
If series like Simpsons survive a change in dubbers for main characters (not necessarily english version), i'm sure we can deal with it in TF2 as long as we get good replacements, as there is a lot more to gain than to lose from a change.

New weapons are good, but no new pyro or spy stuff after teasing with the failed weapons. Cant wait to get my hands on the Tide Turner.
Kinda expected a new mechanic for every class though.
In addition Axtinguisher got heavily nerfed with minicrits only from infront. At least Stickies got a 2 second ramp up time. :ugly:

The conga taunt is very fun, as the whole team (and maybe enemies too) can join it.

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 11:20 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Thoughts:

The back scatter looks kind of gimmicky as it's just bad scatter until you get behind them, still going to get it and enjoy it though probably. Tide Turner I will have to see ingame, because a shieldbash n slash probably won't count, I hope to god it doesn't. The parachute can only be excellent. No idea what to think of TFC rifle but I want it. The air strike launcher looks interesting, you could rack up some kills because it will reload rockets up to a clip size of 8.

The damage ramp up on stickies... I mean airburst stickies are annoying but this is going to hurt demos a lot.
Heavies are annoying, so nerfs are kind of welcome, shame they didn't give him a passive buff in return like reduced spindown time.
Muh axtinguisher :(
Rocket launcher reload actual rockets now, and the loch and load no longer loads grenades into thin air.

Here are the new hats: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/brow ... cepted&p=1

Some taunts for you:

What has hapened to my beloved tf2 :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 11:25 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Not sure if people want to try and have a game on SpA tonight? or just hold off on until sunday. I can tell you one thing, I'm playing with or without you bums!
Dekar wrote:
New weapons are good, but no new pyro or spy stuff after teasing with the failed weapons.
There was an attribute found that let you speed forwards as if you had been whipped. Someone who visited valve said this was the model. Guess it was scapped or saved for another update? It's funny because all the weapons rumored about I didn't mention any of the ones that got in :lol:
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
You forgot about the voice actor of the Pyro :mrgreen:
Same voice actor as spy :wink:

nl 
 Post subject: Re: TF2 Bread Update!
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 12:43 
Community slut (13473)
Is it just me, or has this update been rather disappointing?

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 15:06 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Just had go with some of the new weapons. The TFC sniper is really odd, you charge and fire by holding and releasing m1 instead of scoping. It would be brilliant, but you're a sitting duck while you charge because you move as slow as if you were scoped in. The airstike launcher with the parachute is going to be crazy, once you get a few kills with the launcher, you can just rain a shit load of rockets onto people as you're coming in to land.
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Is it just me, or has this update been rather disappointing?
I think it's one of the best actually. A lot of long awaited fixes have come in, we got some decent weapons, lots of cool hats, a 15 minute short and custom taunts, plus workshop. Only thing they could of done more was a new map.

us 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014, 15:29 
Geek (733)
I'll probably be available to play, but if not many can make it Sunday is fine too.