Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:25

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 16:20 
Has learned to write! (169)
hi there

i have an issue with team fortress 2, whenever i start it up it shuts down before i can do anything.
i had tf2 for a while and never had the issue before and i cant seem to find the problem

if you know the solution for this i would love to hear it.

(PS. i have a lenovo g50-70)

-miner

A good day below ground - you're blessed

There is nothing nothing finer than a miner

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 16:27 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
That is odd. Should google the problem and see what comes up, likely that others have had similiar issues.

Some things you my want to determine before that though is if it's only TF2 ,or all Source games doing this? Is your computer a potato? Is it shutting down because it's overheating? Has it always done this?

One thing you may want to try is right click on tf2 in your steam library and select properties and then go onto launch options. Paste in -novid and that should disable the little intro video. A good place to start at least.

nl 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 17:19 
Has learned to write! (169)
i googled it and people say its overheating
and it only shurs down with tf2 and dead island epidemic

A good day below ground - you're blessed

There is nothing nothing finer than a miner

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 17:23 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
As you're on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card (none do apart from very high-end ones or gaming-focussed ones like the Alienware models) then you're going to have a bad time with most 3D games. Overheating is a part of that - most laptop's just aren't designed to run 3D games. Even if it's possible to get it running then you're going to dip to about 10fps when stuff gets busy, and that's with a low-graphics pack.

You could try steam library > right click TF2 > delete local content and redownload the game, but speaking from experience then it won't be very playable even if you do get the game to succesfully launch :(

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2015, 17:44 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Oh yeah you're going to have real hard time running anything with integrated graphics. You should try the -novid thing for sure then. On a laptop, the heat hits the max during videos/cutscenes in games for me. Also check if there's any driver updates for that laptops hardware you can download.

If you get the game to work, you should look into getting the Chris fps config. Unfortunatley it's unsuppported by the creator, but you can still download and there's still probably a ton of tutorials for it still. That config will strip tf2 to it's bare bones, it will look normal, just not very pretty. That should make the game playable in terms of framerate if lowest setting don't do it.

Haven't read this through, but I've used similiar tutorials: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... windows-7/
I set mine to 99% in power options, deffinetly made a difference in temperature.