Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:44

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
PostPosted: 19 May 2015, 19:25 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I don't know much about this whole thing, but I can tell you this is not a re-creation of Team Fortress and is instead a mod to replicate some aspects of the Team Fortress 2 beta while also including some new assets from its final release. This guys does a way better job explaining its current state than I ever could so I'm just going to leave this here for discussion.

And if you were wanting to try it out for yourself:

I feel I should also note that it is a modified version of Team Fortress 2 from the original release of The Orange Box, meaning some features we are use to today aren't in the game at all, but are planned to be implemented some time in the future.

Just like any other online multiplayer game on Source (and others), this game has the ability for community servers to host games for this mod. That being said, if we enjoy it enough and there is enough activity on the game I think we'd be able to host a somewhat active server for the game, but that's up to those in charge of making said servers and the community's feedback and activity regarding the topic. Either way, this mod seem to be worth checking out!

gb 
PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 19:39 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Very interesting. The list of proposed features is very very long: the game looks interesting-but-still-barebones right now, I'll wait and see if any new stuff gets added and/or for further polish before picking it up. Despite all the unlocks and stuff added to the game the super-solid core class gameplay of TF2 is still what makes it so good, it's going to be very difficult to keep that intact while adding a load of other stuff into the mix, so that's lowering my expectations. If they pull that off though it should be a lot of fun :4

nl 
PostPosted: 21 May 2015, 22:36 
Community slut (13473)
This sounds a lot like the CSPRO mod fiasco...