Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:36

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: The Alien Update (maybe)
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015, 02:46 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
edit: or not lol. Then again why the hidden PC with the message and the binary codes and shit? It's a lot of work to create this ARG stuff for no end result. I dunno, the speculation is interesting anyway.

--

Speculation etc:

The other thing that kinda ties into this is that Crash also made cp_glassworks, a great-looking 5cp that is currently one of the top rated maps in the new workshop. I expect that it will be made an official map at some point and valve have added in multiple maps from the same mapper in the past (cp_process + cp_standin), so maybe glassworks and probed be bundled into the same update.

Dunno when in the timeline this will come compared to the engi update but it's good to know that we're very likely getting something in the next few months :4

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2015, 11:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
From what I gathered from one of the contributors was that there is a community project/possible update being worked on called Invasion, but it's not coming for months. Perhaps not at all now.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 17:31 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Of happenings!

4 new maps!

From most to least interesting: pd_watergate, where 'pd' is apparantly a new 'player destruction' gamemode; koth_probed, which is by the same guy that made cp_glassworks which we enjoyed in the last highlander season; an arena map; and for some reason a 2fort reskin, because people still play 2fort in 2015???

There's also some cosmetic stuff that I don't care about but will keep up fresh interest in a game that could easily have been left to die years ago.

Considering that the Gunmettle update already brought a lot of balance changes I think this is a reasonably sized update, more maps is always good :4

us 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 17:54 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
There's also a new crate, but you can only get it if you buy an Invasion pass.

nl 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 20:46 
Community slut (13473)
So, when is test night? I kinda also missed out on the soccer thing, need to catch up apparently :24

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 21:58 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah not much in the way of game changing stuff, but it was a community made update after all. I have yet to try the maps out.

gb 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2015, 22:21 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
So, when is test night? I kinda also missed out on the soccer thing, need to catch up apparently :24
I'll be home next week and I'll be playing even if nobody else is :4