Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:28

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 13:57 
Community slut (13473)
If you have any suggestions, ideas or complaints about our SpA points system, post them in this thread.

For more information about the system visit the how-to for SpA points on our homepage.

fr 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 09:45 
Has no REAL life! (1831)
The information on the homepage has been updated, all remarks to "beta" removed, all questions in this thread have been included on the homepage, all posts here removed and the thread has been moved to the suggestions forum.

de 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 10:16 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
Nice work, demm! :)

se 
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:01 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
There is no "Back" option in the ingame !spapoints menu.

de 
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 00:22 
Has no REAL life! (3426)
"play on our servers (you will get 1 point every 30 minutes)" --> it's not workin for me & sum peeps asked me if it's normal that it's not workin for them aswell...or did we remove it?

de 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 10:52 
Crap at posting (27)
First I'd like to say that I really like the SpA points system, especially since it fills the servers quite fast.
I've got two little suggestions though:
It would be cool if those people that have already registered and are earning SpA points don't get those annoying "Earn free SpA points now....!" messages - they already are earning points!
Since I know all the other messages (like "Unable to donate? Click on our ads...") quite well after playing on your servers for a few hours it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them. ;) It won't be your loss anyway: those people willing to spend points on not getting those messages already know them all. :)

nl 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 11:30 
Community slut (13473)
BigBadaBoom wrote:
First I'd like to say that I really like the SpA points system, especially since it fills the servers quite fast.
It would be cool if those people that have already registered and are earning SpA points don't get those annoying "Earn free SpA points now....!" messages - they already are earning points!
Since I know all the other messages (like "Unable to donate? Click on our ads...") quite well after playing on your servers for a few hours it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them. ;) It won't be your loss anyway: those people willing to spend points on not getting those messages already know them all. :)

It's certainly a valide suggestion. We'll look into this!

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 11:34 
Geek (993)
I don't even notice the messages anymore. :shock: Though I think it would be a good idea to be able to activate sv_cheats using SpA points. :P

se 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 17:45 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
I couldn't help noticing that my "Back"-button hasn't arrived yet!

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 17:56 
Geek (778)
Immunity to auto balance would be nice, be able to buy it.

It doesn't effect game balance because it just selects someone else.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 18:11 
Geek (993)
nein! wrote:
Is it that much effort to close it and open it again? :P Would save them some hassle.

se 
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 19:55 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Repel wrote:
nein! wrote:
Is it that much effort to close it and open it again? :P Would save them some hassle.
Adding it would save me some serious hassle. :mrgreen:

se 
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 21:17 
Has learned to write! (217)
nein! wrote:
There is no "Back" option in the ingame !spapoints menu.
There are back buttons now.

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 10:36 
Has learned to write! (188)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
BigBadaBoom wrote:
Since I know all the other messages (like "Unable to donate? ") quite well after playing on your servers for a few hours it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them. ;) It won't be your loss anyway: those people willing to spend points on not getting those messages already know them all. :)

Maybe incorporate this with the reserved slot option....

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 10:46 
Community slut (13473)
DoubleJ wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
BigBadaBoom wrote:
Since I know all the other messages (like "Unable to donate? .") quite well after playing on your servers for a few hours it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them. ;) It won't be your loss anyway: those people willing to spend points on not getting those messages already know them all. :)

Maybe incorporate this with the reserved slot option....
Yea, we'll have to re-work the advertisement plugin and split it in 2 somehow because some advertisements should still be passed on to validated people (events, announcements etc)

se 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 13:54 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
BigBadaBoom wrote:
Since I know all the other messages (like "Unable to donate? ") quite well after playing on your servers for a few hours it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them. ;) It won't be your loss anyway: those people willing to spend points on not getting those messages already know them all. :)
Since these are pretty much the only messages sent regularly, you could just filter them out alltogether by ticking the appropriate checkbox under "Chat"

EDIT: Right, map changes.

se 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 16:03 
Has learned to write! (217)
BigBadaBoom wrote:
It would be cool if those people that have already registered and are earning SpA points don't get those annoying "Earn free SpA points now....!" messages /--/ it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them.
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Yea, we'll have to re-work the advertisement plugin and split it in 2 somehow because some advertisements should still be passed on to validated people (events, announcements etc)
Sounds like you (SaintK) want us (well, me now that demm's busy) to implement this. Should I add it to the to-do list?

nl 
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 16:12 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]VictorOfSweden wrote:
BigBadaBoom wrote:
It would be cool if those people that have already registered and are earning SpA points don't get those annoying "Earn free SpA points now....!" messages /--/ it would be cool if I could spend some points on not getting spammed by them.
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Sounds like you (SaintK) want us (well, me now that demm's busy) to implement this. Should I add it to the to-do list?

If you will, please :)

Already had an idea on how to solve this quite simple i think. We'll have a chat about it!

de 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 10:02 
Illiterate (1)
hey guys ist a nice sys with the points ! gratz :)

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 18:08 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (128)
i'd like to suggest giving me lots of points - roughly 9000000000 so i can get a reserved slot I been hammering tf2 and i only got 15 I feel so poor. :P

plus this guy is cool - :4

ro 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 18:17 
The Necromancer (4970)
By the way - I have a suggestion for SpA points. We have been plagued by the "I don't know what to spend the points on" dilemma for a while so my suggestion is:

Since the custom map server is gone (no problem with that), we could add more custom maps to the main ones - of course to be bought with SpA points. We have an assortment of many endlessly tested high-quality custom maps that are ready for inclusion in no time.

To continue with the tradition of two price points, one for buying a normal map and one for buying custom maps, we could add an additional "menu layer" in between the setting of the next map and choosing a map (so that the list isn't too long).

Like 1. Set Next map -> 1. Normal maps / 2. Custom maps -> Map list in the respected category.

I think I suggested the menu thing a while ago and it was generally lauded as a good idea but since there were more important issues and the tech team was unavailable or busy nobody got around to code it (which is easy as pie from what I read in the SourceMOD documentation).

pl 
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 18:21 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I would love to play more custom maps, but everytime labor comes on ( which is the only custom ever bought ) server drops from 26+ to 14-16 at best, as i said many times people cant stand waiting 2-3 minutes to download map and just disconnect and seek another server with dustbowl on :x

de 
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 16:39 
Crap at posting (27)
I really love the idea of beeing able to buy custom maps. :)

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 15:03 
Geek (602)
in january i had 11 spa points , now i have 11 points . nothing consumed , wtf . I played preety much in the last 2 weeks.

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 15:08 
Community slut (13473)
Edeph wrote:
in january i had 11 spa points , now i have 11 points . nothing consumed , wtf . I played preety much in the last 2 weeks.
Oups :oops:

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 15:14 
Community slut (13473)
Turns out all our cronjobs haven't been running since the maintanance.
Quote:
[13.02.2009 15:12:57] Reward script started
[13.02.2009 15:12:57] DB connection successful
[13.02.2009 15:12:57] Fetched 424 validated players with set psycho_id
[13.02.2009 15:12:59] Reward script finished, added 4247 points
We'll add all jobs again and everything should work as it should then again. Your earnings are not lost, but due to the credit crisis payed out later ;)

ee 
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 02:07 
Crap at posting (33)
Reward systems are great for motivating people to play more. But as these players play and earn those points, do they ask why ? To change a map ? To get a reserved slot ? I get my map selection from the filters in the server search function and a reserved slot by clicking "Not full" on the right there. So wtf ?

As far as the features go, i would really appreciate a smart auto-balance system that dosent just randomly move people. The servers could also benefit from team randomization at the beginning of every round. Also there could be class limiters on the servers to avoid useless overcrowding of different classes (50% of the team as engineers ftw!).

In conclusion i think there are enough people in the servers, so its time to stop thinking of quantity and start thinking of quality.

nl 
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 10:09 
Community slut (13473)
EtsSpets wrote:
Reward systems are great for motivating people to play more. But as these players play and earn those points, do they ask why ? To change a map ? To get a reserved slot ? I get my map selection from the filters in the server search function and a reserved slot by clicking "Not full" on the right there. So wtf ?

As far as the features go, i would really appreciate a smart auto-balance system that dosent just randomly move people. The servers could also benefit from team randomization at the beginning of every round. Also there could be class limiters on the servers to avoid useless overcrowding of different classes (50% of the team as engineers ftw!).

In conclusion i think there are enough people in the servers, so its time to stop thinking of quantity and start thinking of quality.
We're continuesly working on the development of our spapoints plugin aswell as the rest of the community. As we're all doing this in our free time and unpaid you cannot expect development to be as quickly as you'd expect with companies and such. If you compare us with other communities i think its pretty save to say we're in the top leading communities who have their own development team inhouse. We build our community on 2 important things, 1; our community members (spa members, regulair players etc) who make it a nice place to play and a place that wants to be played on (hence the reserved slots which are earnable by being one of these regulairs), and that directly covers the second point, our spapoints system which should provide players with that bit more extras they don't recieve on other servers (because i don't know any were you can earn points to spend on reserved slots and map changes).

We're aware of the balance issue. As you can imagen if you want to sort this propperly you require a WHOLE lot of coding and mathical work on a plugin to make this work propperly. To give you a direction, a populair CS balancer took several months and 1500+ lines of code to develop, and this is relatively 'easy' because its on a game with pretty 'easy' game rules for each side (you don't have issue's such as switching a medic could already tip over the balance). We are working on resolving the teambalancing issue, but don't expect anything anytime soon and if it would come to work completely propperly. As with every game, the balancing issue is mostly a case for the players to deal with. As admins we're doing our best to keep things playable, but we can't be watching everything 24/7.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 10:17 
Geek (778)
EtsSpets wrote:

You're not making much sense i'm afraid, people choose to earn spa points so that they CAN pick a map, so that they CAN spray paint, which is a personal favourite of mine is that you have to buy your right to spray your spray. It stops spam, i've never seen a single annoying spray, it's amazing.

SpA points is not simply about filling servers, even if it was set out to do that, it builds people's loyalty with the servers, makes it more homely for people, people earn their points by being top player or helping fill an empty server or for donating, these help people feel like they have invested time into the servers and it keeps people coming back. Randomisation at the start of every round would ruin the quality of the game and ruin any form of "bonding" people get when they play together, team spirit, when a team is stacked then yeah things need switching, but to do it every round would be horrendous, i hate being auto balanced for that reason, i don't mind balancing teams, but for example playing as spy, you get used to the way the enemy moves then suddenly having to switch is annoying.

at 
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 18:56 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Can you make the following pls:

current map: badlands
nextmap: gold rush

I buy granary with my SpA Points so:

nextmap: granary

Now it would be:

map after nextmap: goldrush

But Id like it to be:

map after nextmap: any map but goldrush

So I dont actually delay goldrush (in this examble) but totally forget about it and play a decent map instead :P

That would probably lead into ppl spending even more points (ZOMFG Relentless bought granary and fucked goldrush, owww wait for my revenge, when granary starts I will insta-rebuy goldrush) ;)