Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:35

All times are UTC+01:00

se 
PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 18:58 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Buying XP with SpaPoints? Then again I personally hate servers that favour regulars in any way when it comes to gameplay

dk 
PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 19:43 
Likes to type... (290)
m3n wrote:
Buying XP with SpaPoints? Then again I personally hate servers that favour regulars in any way when it comes to gameplay

Well, you are swedish :-) muhahaha :4

se 
PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 19:48 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Why not just put it "Oh gee, we're both Scandinavian"?

I'm assuming that's your point.

nl 
PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 21:01 
Community slut (13473)
m3n, we never ever implement options for people to gain an unfair advantage over other people. Buying XP with SpA points isn't an unfair advantage. Everyone can earn SpA points for free. Other than that, regulars will have more XP per race anyway then random joiners. This is because the XP earnings are saved long term, and simply require playtime. WC3 mod servers are generally not something you hop between, as your earnings tie you more or less to a server if you don't want to start all over.

de 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 01:19 
Has learned to write! (161)
Ehm.. today I realised that a lot of the official maps cannot be bought via SpA points. This includes 2fort, egypt and hydro. I know there are a lot of reasons not to include these maps into the regular cycle, but I'd like to be given the option to buy them. Could that be made possible?

dk 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 11:22 
Likes to type... (290)
Sawyer wrote:
Ehm.. today I realised that a lot of the official maps cannot be bought via SpA points. This includes 2fort, egypt and hydro. I know there are a lot of reasons not to include these maps into the regular cycle, but I'd like to be given the option to buy them. Could that be made possible?
No, they got removed :p

Hydro = empties the server faster than you can say "wtf"
Egypt = dont know about that, i miss it to
2fort = Serious?...NO..

nl 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 12:41 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
Phenomenon wrote:
Me 2. Bring Egypt back.
Its not a server killer, it is just unliked be some..

at 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 13:11 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Egypt pretty heavily favors the defending team, especially on the second stage on cp 1, where the attackers have to attack uphill while getting spammed by rockets, pipes etc. from above. Basically you have to build uber to have a chance at reaching the top, and even then you can still always be blown down again by Pyros.
It can be fun with proper players/teams that know what to do, but that rarely happens.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 13:19 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
eqypt wont work without scramble...

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 15:31 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
egypt just has a poor design

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 15:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
egypt just has a poor design
like so many others ^^

pl 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 23:07 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I've played Egypt a lot on some other server and it works much better than first released verion, and its a nice change in style.
Quote:
Basically you have to build uber to have a chance at reaching the top
Like you dont have to do that to get out of spawn on dustbowl, goldrush etc...

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010, 23:23 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I like Egypt

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 03:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Phenomenon wrote:
Sawyer wrote:

2fort = Serious?...NO..
Last 2 times we got Hydro (and as an aside, I can buy it with SpA points so WTF?)on the server it didn't empty. That map is much maligned as it is VERY easy to rape the points if even half of the team is not paying attention. Removing maps simply because players suck is just the sme as banning classes because people refuse to adapt and play the game properly. Hydro has always been one of my favourite maps because of the variety it offers.
Egypt - as someone said above has received some TLC from Valve and is now quite a bit better - sure you can still get stuck but, as was also said above, you just build a couple of ubers and take it. Again, people failing to understand how to playthe game.
2Fort - It has its charms - I don't like it because it empties the server and has, imho, silly class limits. Also I prefer the Original Map from QW:TF, but that is a different argument... :D

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 08:46 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Phenomenon wrote:

2fort = Serious?...NO..
Last 2 times we got Hydro (and as an aside, I can buy it with SpA points so WTF?)on the server it didn't empty. That map is much maligned as it is VERY easy to rape the points if even half of the team is not paying attention. Removing maps simply because players suck is just the sme as banning classes because people refuse to adapt and play the game properly. Hydro has always been one of my favourite maps because of the variety it offers.
Egypt - as someone said above has received some TLC from Valve and is now quite a bit better - sure you can still get stuck but, as was also said above, you just build a couple of ubers and take it. Again, people failing to understand how to playthe game.
2Fort - It has its charms - I don't like it because it empties the server and has, imho, silly class limits. Also I prefer the Original Map from QW:TF, but that is a different argument... :D

We had Hydro in the cycle a long time, it simply kills the server.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 11:43 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Fair enough but you have not had it in rotation in a very long time and on the few occasions it has come up it didn't empty out. Not saying we had great matches as a lot of people had apparently never seen it before so were very confused, but there we are. :D

Also, its worth pointing out that many things that were deemed to "kill the server" have since been proven to do no such thing (Engies <cough>). Just saying :)

Not really that bothered about Hydro as I think people got sick of it anyway but Egypt surely wasn't that bad? I don't recall there being any mass exodus when it came around.

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 11:49 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Fair enough but you have not had it in rotation in a very long time and on the few occasions it has come up it didn't empty out. Not saying we had great matches as a lot of people had apparently never seen it before so were very confused, but there we are. :D

Also, its worth pointing out that many things that were deemed to "kill the server" have since been proven to do no such thing (Engies <cough>). Just saying :)

Not really that bothered about Hydro as I think people got sick of it anyway but Egypt surely wasn't that bad? I don't recall there being any mass exodus when it came around.

Personally i love Hydro. We had it running without engi's and imo that worked quite well. Unfortunately you and me are just one of the few who think that.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 11:52 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Yeah :? . I'm really not sure what everyone's issue is with that map. I am guessing, as I said at first, that it is too easy to be steam-roller'd on it if people don't pay attention. Shame as it would be interesting to see what the new flavour of engies with their shiny Wranglers would be like on that map (with an appropriate Engie cap, ofc :D )

Personally i love Hydro. We had it running without engi's and imo that worked quite well. Unfortunately you and me are just one of the few who think that

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 12:08 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
I like hydro, its the only game mode of its kind and it has some great sniper positions. I dont see what the problem is?! I mean, its not dustbowl?! :twisted:

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 12:17 
Likes to type... (279)
Hydro's a fun map but also a very poorly designed map that tends to only allow for 2 types of games, a steamroll where one team completely overwhelms the other, or a stalemate where both teams just end up stuck for the entire match until it goes to sudden death (the map with the death pit is rather prone to this), and sadly neither of these are particularly fun to play. :roll:

I do miss Hydro though, and it would be nice to see how the new engi (and upcoming poly count weapons) fair on it.

Egypt was a good map but was pretty biased against the attacking team (though this doesn't seem to stop dustbowl or gold rush from being popular :lol:), but the new changes supposedly made it a lot better so maybe its time to bring it back on a trial basis.

Edit: and for 2fort, aside from a few snipers (and me since its one of the few maps where the targe and scotsmans skullcutter loadout can really shine, and also a great pyro map), few people really liked it as is and only really played it for meleefort, but due to the recent drama with that its probably best to leave it out for now until we can figure something out.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 13:28 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
unless egypt is alot friendlier to BLU, i think it would be a bad idea to have it around again. it just wasn't fun, for either team.

hydro... personally, i have a tendency to look back at it with rose tinted specs. it's fun enough, on occasion, but if it's in constant rotation then it gets old fast. it seems like the sort that SpApoints were made for - playing it every so often for old times sakes.

and, as you all know, i'd quite happily never see 2fort ever again :ugly: (there was a couple of days when i was like YEAH 2FORT WHOOO, but it was just nostalgia. it's a truly terrible map.)

i said a while back i was gonna write a quick blog about what maps work and what maps don't... i really should get round to that :p

pl 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 13:35 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Main problem I had with hydro is that you play 3 stages 90% of the time, rest is almost forgotten. And map is really badly designed, just like dustbowl, where you fight in the same corridor for weeks before sudden death/time runs out.

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 14:03 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Hydro's a fun map but also a very poorly designed map that tends to only allow for 2 types of games, a steamroll where one team completely overwhelms the other, or a stalemate where both teams just end up stuck for the entire match until it goes to sudden death (the map with the death pit is rather prone to this), and sadly neither of these are particularly fun to play. :roll:
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
hydro... personally, i have a tendency to look back at it with rose tinted specs. it's fun enough, on occasion, but if it's in constant rotation then it gets old fast. it seems like the sort that SpApoints were made for - playing it every so often for old times sakes.
Bartg wrote:
Main problem I had with hydro is that you play 3 stages 90% of the time, rest is almost forgotten. And map is really badly designed, just like dustbowl, where you fight in the same corridor for weeks before sudden death/time runs out.
Yeah- on reflection - maybe you are all right. While I do miss it I do, now I really think about it, recall a LOT of bad matches there. Oh well...

[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
I do miss Hydro though, and it would be nice to see how the new engi (and upcoming poly count weapons) fair on it.
Yeah. Maybe something to look at as a one off sometime for those who are interested?
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Egypt was a good map but was pretty biased against the attacking team (though this doesn't seem to stop dustbowl or gold rush from being popular ), but the new changes supposedly made it a lot better so maybe its time to bring it back on a trial basis.
It does look like it has changed a little and all I can say, to echo what Balls said, is that when I play it on other servers we never have any issues. Yes it requires a bit of team work but beating that concept into people can really be no bad idea :D

pl 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 14:40 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Hydro with new engi tools ( especially wranger ) would be ever worse, cause you could camp the point and both entrances from map corners.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 00:17 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
team work is overrated

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 19:28 
Illiterate (3)
Hi all im Rj on the TF servers

i play the spa servers for a while now.

I try too link my forum with my account so i can gather some spa points, but it keeps saying wrong username or password in the console.

im wondering if you guys can help me so it does work.

thanks for your time.

nl 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 19:29 
Community slut (13473)
Rjkiller wrote:
Hi all im Rj on the TF servers

i play the spa servers for a while now.

I try too link my forum with my account so i can gather some spa points, but it keeps saying wrong username or password in the console.

im wondering if you guys can help me so it does work.

thanks for your time.
Hi,

Is this you? http://hlstatsx.specialattack.net/hlsta ... ayer=11069

at 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 22:12 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
You know what's problem? The missing teamwork and coordination. This is the exact reason why maps like dustbowl, goldrush, badwater, thundermountain etc. are the only maps that function well on publics - because you either have to attack only or defend only - these maps are really, really braindead.

On a attack/defend map (which is pretty much everything else, badlands, 2fort, hydro, etc etc), to be successful you have to do coordinated pushes (because let's face it, people like to turtle, and you cannot break through a brick wall consisting of 2 sentries, a few demos, heavies etc. alone). This is the reason why hydro, 2fort etc stalemate 99% of the time (assuming evenly skilled players) - 11 people defend, 1 person is desperately trying to attack on each team.

The only solution would be having players communicate/play better (lol), but you can't technically force anything like that.

The result is many unbearable matches on said maps, which leads many people to the belief that these maps are badly designed, although noone really does know because not many decent games happen on these maps.

pl 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 23:30 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Dustbowl doesnt work well at all, most of the time on dustbowl people camp in left tunnel for ages ( stage 1 ), right tunnel ( stage 2 ) or just keep spamming behind the corner ( stage 3 ) until time runs out ;]

at 
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2010, 11:27 
Has no REAL life! (1829)
Bartg wrote:
Dustbowl doesnt work well at all, most of the time on dustbowl people camp in left tunnel for ages ( stage 1 ), right tunnel ( stage 2 ) or just keep spamming behind the corner ( stage 3 ) until time runs out ;]
True, okay strike that one out and just leave it at payload maps (not payload race).