Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:58

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1923 Next
gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 17:42 
Has no REAL life! (3493)

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 17:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Epic medic!

i wonder what sort of post processing they do to the videos, i captured a load of footage today as a lossless targa sequence, and i buffed up all the graphics settings, but it still doesnt look like that.

does cookye actually read this thread ever? be nice to pick his BRAAINS!

tr 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 18:36 
Likes to type... (227)
He was minimoose's medic before he went inactive :| epic moment.
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
i wonder what sort of post processing they do to the videos, i captured a load of footage today as a lossless targa sequence, and i buffed up all the graphics settings, but it still doesnt look like that.
They are generally recording moments with pldx video recorder and compressing with virtual dub.

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 18:50 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
hmm, i can imagine compression might add to the hazy feel the videos ive seen have, hmmm but i wonder, ill ask some people what they like to use.

also, nooby question, but how do you these guys get videos that show more of the characters body rig, like you can see the scouts arms more etc... ?

tr 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 19:01 
Likes to type... (227)
Everyone is using pldx recorder atm :)
also, nooby question, but how do you these guys get videos that show more of the characters body rig, like you can see the scouts arms more etc... ?
You can do it with writing ''viewmodel_fov [number] '' to the console or adding same command to the team fortress2/tf/cfg/autoexec.cfg . For example default is 'viewmodel_fov 54', but in this video it's 70 (i guess:P)

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 19:38 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
hmm, i can imagine compression might add to the hazy feel the videos ive seen have, hmmm but i wonder, ill ask some people what they like to use.

as aduket said, pldx recorder is the easiest way, pretty much set up already, I would advise against the custom particles that come with it though since most of them suck. Also the custom skyboxes generally suck as well. I normally use model fov of 70 in game as well, assumed most people did :P Most of the time these videos also have the colours curves/saturation fiddled with (normally ruined) in AE or similar programs.

The best way I know is use pldx recorder to record at 120 or 240 fps to tga's + wavs, then use virtual dub to compile the audio and video to the lagarith lossless codec, then do editing in w/e, then use megui to encode!

http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/12/en ... ith-megui/ pldx seems broken at the moment...

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 20:35 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i dont really need to worry about encoding or editing software as i can use all my shit at work :)

i just wanted to know if that hazey feel is an actuall vfx or just a by product of the encoding...

but cheers for the framerate advice, i was capturing my test demo at 60fps, but ill push it for higher...

silly question again, but, if i try to skip thru the demo, it just fucks shit up and reloads the fucker, do u have to like play it thru once to mark the good bits?

fi 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 23:16 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (132)
i dont really need to worry about encoding or editing software as i can use all my shit at work :)

i just wanted to know if that hazey feel is an actuall vfx or just a by product of the encoding...

but cheers for the framerate advice, i was capturing my test demo at 60fps, but ill push it for higher...

silly question again, but, if i try to skip thru the demo, it just fucks shit up and reloads the fucker, do u have to like play it thru once to mark the good bits?

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 23:32 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Hehe. You're a man of few words Cookye. :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 23:47 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cheers cookye,... creative way of informing me thank you ;)

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 00:39 
Has no REAL life! (5288)

Yeah demos are pretty shitty, skipping forward to a tick you haven't been past generally means it does that thingy. Then if you skip more than once it often does is as well even if you have been past the ticks. Hopefully the new demo system will come out soon but I don't have high hopes of valves speed.

For my fragmovie I used 120fps, but if I hadn't of been lazy I would've preferred 240, much nicer if you plan on doing slow mo. I guess your work has pretty beefy 'puters though.

watching demos with pldx config is useful because you can use the mouse wheel to quickly speed up to 600% speed and then press enter to pause or go back to 100% speed, much easier than phaffing around with the demoui menu.

concise is not in my name

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 01:50 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cheers moose, im gonna try it out at work tomorrow :D though my frag video is gonna be a mockfrag video; im also tempted to try and animate a character is max.

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 11:42 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
god damn i love the depth overlay feature, gonna have to brush off AE and have a play with that too!

i downloaded the rar file off that link moose, but it says i can extract the files anywhere ? :S that doesnt sound right to me :

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 15:47 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
Which rar? pldx tools one? or megui?

either way, you can put it anywhere, except silly places

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 16:23 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
the pdx tools one, because inside its options it had the ability to pick a different sky box, but i didnt notice the change when i started capturing... :S
so i was wondering if there cubemaps or whatever they use for sky boxes are in that rar file and need to be put somewhere in the TF2 folder for them to actually function... ? HELP ME MOOOOOOSE!

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 16:28 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
in the same folder as the tf2recorder.exe you should have a folder called moviefiles, when you start up pldx and change settings, the program just fetches the files from there and copies them into the tf2 folders, then when you close tf2 and close the tool after, it moves the old files back, so if it starts tf2 and is able to apply other settings to the game, the skyboxes should be working as well. Maybe you just selected a skybox very similar to the default?

I assure you nearly every skybox looks stupid :P

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 16:50 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
ok, i guess i shud have picked one of the red ones to be fair :S

cheers moose, capture went well, except for it eating away 100gb, still not a fan of the controls, i.e. skipping thru ticks, another frag video pro send me some good youtube vids for camera smoothing so ill try that down the line as well....

cheers you little blonde champ :P

gb 
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 19:24 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
I hope it is super dupa mega amazing

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 01:57 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well im going for comical :)

fi 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 10:13 
Illiterate (1)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
trolol

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 03:04 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Awesome and really funny pyro video i found by some random, can imagine this is the type shenanigans that wildblaze, bart and the other bad ass blow back/flare pyros enjoy.

edit: this time hes just using kgb :D this is the pov of mr giggles ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 12:23 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Ha ha I love the first one when the pyro gets run down by the train...quietness... then he goes LOL :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 12:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Ha ha I love the first one when the pyro gets run down by the train...quietness... then he goes LOL :5:
the editing is pretty cool, just leaving enough time to make that bit really funny :D

pl 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 18:58 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Not a fragmovie, but still epic, found it posted on tf2 blog :) Interactive adventure, some unbelievable amount of work put into this :shock:

se 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 19:50 
Likes to type... (284)
I finished it this morning. It's truly magnificent. The ending is a bit tearful. :/

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 20:46 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
My fav Displeased Eskimo video :D

gb 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 13:14 
Has no REAL life! (3493)

!

i watched the i40 dignitas vs epsilon final all the way through. it was quite, quite brilliant :mrgreen:

tr 
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 15:56 
Likes to type... (227)
This.is.so.awesome!
Just download from here http://fakkelbrigade.eu/bones/TF2%20Lan ... %20i40.mp4 (right click+save as), don't watch it from youtube :4

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010, 23:14 
Has no REAL life! (3493)

sonny getting pwned so hard that someone made a video about it :mrgreen:

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 16:33 
Has no REAL life! (1285)
hehe sonny you're famous :26

We Shall Not Be Moved!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1923 Next