Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:59

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 02:10 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
4 set bonus and u cant be killed by a hs.

WTF IS THIS.

Little bonuses suddenly become retarded and necessary. GJ VALVE.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 02:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
im not gonna pay £12 for an 800 poly hat so i can look like a lizard :ugly: im with you, its silly

to be fair thou, doing all these updates though is not free, and they have been doing free updates for a long time, no matter what the scale, development time is expensive, and since launch valve aren't going to make too much from resale copies unless boosted by the item update, but still it will cover the staff wages and budget for a few more months, so valve are smart to introduce a purchasing system for meaningless crap or stuff you can make or find for free but with less certainty, it's gonna bring some cash in to keep supporting the game, but i think its stupid to spend the same valve of a brand new game on something that is really just cosmetic. I bought the new scout pistol because i wanted it and still haven't found a scatter gun to make it myself, and stupidly, i bought a key... i admit, i feel stupid because of that...

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 02:27 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
My problem stands that generally most of these updates have been pointless. Yes Ill say it, except balancing issues generally to do with either the original game, or the new class updates, everything since has been pure lack of necessity for the game to run as it does.

If they want money, release map packs instead of the sdk. Not a hat which gives me 25 hp. Im not paying for that shit; and yet the fact that twatfacesniper A does means that poor ol twatfacesniperB(me) cant fuck him up as easily, because he has deeper pockets.

Sure people need to be paid, and money needs to be leeched. But do it the right way, by either releasing another game in 3 years, or releasing TANGIBLE content. If all this new shit was even in a 20$ pack ild buy it. Its the fact that its 70euros PER CLASS, for the BASIC sets. Its just sigh worthy.

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 02:36 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I guess someone with a Crocodile hat owned you badly... There are hundreds of brilliant custom maps, much better than Valve's, just no one here likes them and wants to put them on server and play them. No point in releasing them for money, they took some of them and made them official, thats it. And I havent payed for the set hat, I crafted it. If you dont like the game anymore there is a lot to choose from, you can for example give your money to Activision, Im sure they will make better use of it that Valve would.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 03:42 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
Didnt get owned, got robbed of about 10 kills tho. yeh, it made me feel shit because I didnt spend a year idling servers for crafting mats, or items to trade, or have 70 euros to spend to be their equal.

Ild much rather give my money to an actual game than pixels which dress up my character yes Bart, as Im not a huge fan of habbo hotel - obviously your favourite game as you bum micropayments so hard.

Im so sorry that you guys are all so enlightened and know that micropayments are fine; I say micro payments, but I really mean WTF TWICE THE COST OF THE GAME payments.

Basically, I paid for my game 3 years ago and now would like some content over hats. But hey, why do that when 99.9% of the playerbase cum because they got a rubber chicken hat. In fact, I don't even want content. I just want them to not waste time selling hats when they could be making me a game which I would buy and enjoy for 100 hours. Rather that than drill out another 300 hours on tf2 with a new hat each week. Again seems im only in the 0.1% of people who think this though.

cl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 03:44 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Meh too.... I'm with you man...

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 10:31 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I agree with Greasy. I'm not going to spend my money buying that shit. If valve got off their lazy arses and released Half Life 3 then they would be able to pay their staff. It's all bullshit that you have to pay for all that crap. I've got 2 crates ffs... there's no way I'm buying a crappy key for it. They can kiss my arse! Also, all that happens in game now is everyone trading. You can't have a decent game for someone wanting to trade with you or half the bloody team are trading. I still wish they never brought the drop system in. At least then you could EARN the right to use the upgraded equipment and it was much more satisfying. :evil:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 10:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
who the fuck are you guys evening arguing with? this thread is about making your own stuff, not buying it :S

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 10:43 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
I agree with Greasy. I'm not going to spend my money buying that shit. If valve got off their lazy arses and released Half Life 3 then they would be able to pay their staff. It's all bullshit that you have to pay for all that crap. I've got 2 crates ffs... there's no way I'm buying a crappy key for it. They can kiss my arse! Also, all that happens in game now is everyone trading. You can't have a decent game for someone wanting to trade with you or half the bloody team are trading. I still wish they never brought the drop system in. At least then you could EARN the right to use the upgraded equipment and it was much more satisfying. :evil:
You have to realize how VALVe works. Anything you see introduced in their games which are already for a longer time on the market, and already have paid back their full cost, they will be using as experimental stuff for next generation games they'll release.

You can be pretty damn sure that any future game of VALVe includes micro payments as well as the entire micro payment back-end on steam being available for other games. The only positive thing so far has been that VALVe seems to be aiming at non-gamerule impacting sales only, which i can live with. Once you'll have to pay to gain advantage is were i'll start hating VALVe. (It's a bit like spapoints in that regard, non gameimpacting features etc)

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 10:49 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
exactly, why are you guys giving a shit, :roll: buying something from the shop doesn't give anyone the advantage (not at all) over someone who doesnt spend a penny because its always down to the player not the equipment. And why do you care if some random kid from whogivesafuckastan spends 70quid of their own money (which is pure income for valve) to buy and be able to dress their pyro up as a fish or something. Im not gonna do it, but i dont give a fuck if they want to give valve money for some cosmetic bliss. I prefer crafting stuff because i at least made it myself and put the effort in.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 10:58 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
All I said was I am not wasting my money on that shit. If people want to buy it it's their money...JEEZ!
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
who the fuck are you guys evening arguing with? this thread is about making your own stuff, not buying it :S
And since when has any thread ever kept to it's title :roll:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:07 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
And since when has any thread ever kept to it's title
Since today dammit!
[SpA]annarack wrote:
All I said was I am not wasting my money on that shit. If people want to buy it it's their money...JEEZ!
well, you two seem adamant that you have to buy these things., whereas i see it, valve are a vendor at a car boot sale, selling pointless crap that doesnt effect your life for better or worse, but charging 20 quid for a broken childs pink casio keyboard. :D

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:13 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
And since when has any thread ever kept to it's title
Since today dammit!
Don't you swear at me Ballsee... or you'll be getting a slap :ugly:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
well, you two seem adamant that you have to buy these things., whereas i see it, valve are a vendor at a car boot sale, selling pointless crap that doesnt effect your life for better or worse, but charging 20 quid for a broken childs pink casio keyboard. :D
And that is complete poppycock... I'm not adamant at all that you HAVE to buy these things... I'm adamant that I WON'T be buying these things :P

I'd much rather go to a car boot sale tbh, for better or for worse...and I'll definately be buying that pink thing shaped like a d.... :shock: .... oh you said keyboard :-14

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
If valve got off their lazy arses and released Half Life 3 then they would be able to pay their staff.
The separate dev teams in a games company and funded via budgets which are project/title specific, the core TF2 team is only a few people and they get the full team for big updates if its needed. The money from portal 2 might help them indirectly like for instance through building costs and electricity, but TF2 need to earn their keep too.
[SpA]annarack wrote:
It's all bullshit that you have to pay for all that crap.

[SpA]annarack wrote:
At least then you could EARN the right to use the upgraded equipment and it was much more satisfying. :evil:
Yeah i did enjoy this, earning your items through achievements, but then this idea was destroyed by achievement servers :S

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:49 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
If valve got off their lazy arses and released Half Life 3 then they would be able to pay their staff.
The separate dev teams in a games company and funded via budgets which are project/title specific, the core TF2 team is only a few people and they get the full team for big updates if its needed. The money from portal 2 might help them indirectly like for instance through building costs and electricity, but TF2 need to earn their keep too.
If they are that in need for money then maybe they should sell their bodies :mrgreen:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
It's all bullshit that you have to pay for all that crap.

Yes it is :5:
[SpA]annarack wrote:
At least then you could EARN the right to use the upgraded equipment and it was much more satisfying. :evil:
Yeah i did enjoy this, earning your items through achievements, but then this idea was destroyed by achievement servers :S
Life's a bitch :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:49 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
:|

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:50 
Community slut (13473)
Speaking of new games: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/ ... orrow.aspx

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:52 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
fuck me i hope its EP3 or HL3...

if its another L4D i will cry :(

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:53 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Whoppa!
:|
:hug:

Oh.. we seem to have gone off the subject again... doh!

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:53 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Dont know really what you're whining about, I had all new items I wanted the second day after the update - some dropped, some I crafted and I traded some with friends, no big deal... When Valve will drop hats from class sets Im 100% happy with what tf2 is like,

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:55 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Who's whining? If you really want to hear me whine, I'll come round your house and whine your ears off :P

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:56 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
bart, is the new sniper blade weaker than the standard kukri?

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:59 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
It is if you're not using jarate.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 12:08 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
fuck that :18

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 12:43 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
...i'm really confused as to what the fuck everyones complaining about?

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 12:44 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
fuck me i hope its EP3 or HL3...

if its another L4D i will cry :(
I doubt it will be anything to do with EP3 or L4D.

I'm thinking its got something to do with Vavles push to trademark DOTA

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 12:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
whats that, some type of RTS?

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 12:55 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
DoTA was a custom warcraft 3 map, it was generally 5 vs 5 and you had to select a character and push towards the enemy base, to help you do this you had AI controlled units that were spawned for both teams to help with the pushing..

With the character you selected you killed the enemy units and heroes trying to make their way to your base and by doing so you leveled up which gave you new abilities and gained gold that you could then spend on buying items to improve the stats of your character, so then it could go and kill more things and level up more and get more gold, etc.

Its essentially what spawned League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth.

Quite a fun game, but in some cases it can be rage inducing.

Last edited by [SpA]gibboss28 on 13 Oct 2010, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 13:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
so its valve trying to add some competition to those two games :S meh thats cool.... was hoping it was gonna be the return of the Freeman. :|

se 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 13:05 
Geek (970)
Who says Valve won't sneak in the Freeman among the hero ranks in their new dota game? :ugly:
Personally I'm hoping to be able to play as a headcrab though =P