Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:20

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 02:33 
Likes to type... (279)
so now each hat needs 4 refined metal and one of the new weapons in the set for 1 of the hats.

I have to admit, valve really fucking dropped the ball on this whole item set nonsense.

The average TF2 player will get 6 drops per week (sometimes more, sometimes less, in my case almost always less :lol: ), so with trading you can probably get 1 reclaimed a week (that's assuming you get weapons and not things like crates or paint). so about 3 weeks for a refined. so 12 weeks for all 4.

Wonderful, so valves solution to people who buy the hats having an advantage over people who can't/won't buy the hats is to wait 3 months to be able to craft them, or hope someones willing/stupid enough to trade it for other hats, gee, thanks valve :roll:

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 09 Oct 2010, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

de 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 03:15 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
So u can only craft Milkman, Familiar Fez, Grenadiers Softcap and Ol' Snaggletooth right?

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 03:18 
Likes to type... (279)
yeah, just add one of the new weapons from the sets (eg. shortstop, mad milk or holy mackeral for the scout) to the 4 refined metal.

de 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 03:53 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
I tried it, 4 reclaimed + darwins danger shield -> no matching blueprint. :|

pl 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 04:08 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
It took me 30 minutes to trade 2 hats for 4 refined and making fez :P

de 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 04:08 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
You need 4 refined and 1 new item?

ro 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 07:15 
Geek (602)
Apparently...

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 10:53 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
its refined metal, like all hats.

de 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 14:32 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I crafted a Fez, too. :4

ro 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:04 
Geek (602)
You help me, i help you :-3 :4

pl 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:10 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Sounds like sex for metal deal :mrgreen:

de 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:19 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Edeph entered a lifelong slavery contract.

ro 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:23 
Geek (602)
nah, just a "give me all your awesome stuff for the next infinite years" type of contract :(

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:43 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
np just buy them for like 10quid, that's reasonable amirite

pl 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 15:50 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
No it isn't.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 01:52 
Likes to type... (279)
well, i've made my pyro hat and i'm not quite sure what to make of it.

The movment speed is incredible, but you lose a lot of power by not taking the axe so it winds up relying on w+m1 a lot more than i'd prefer (i feel so dirty playing it :-x) it is quite a lot of fun though :twisted:

now to just get 2 reclaimed so i can make my scout hat

ro 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 09:20 
Geek (602)
fire, airblast, powerjack, heath up repeat...instead i use the axetinguisher for instakills

de 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 09:58 
Geek (630)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Wonderful, so valves solution to people who buy the hats having an advantage over people who can't/won't buy the hats is to wait 3 months to be able to craft them, or hope someones willing/stupid enough to trade it for other hats, gee, thanks valve :roll:
That is exactly the point why i disagree with the "give us your cash for advantage" update. They could have made lots of fancy stuff to buy, but there should be no advantage by just buying things.

I hope the cashflow they get from this shop will be so low, that they will have to drop the shop-idea again. Cause if this will work, we can prepare for further or only "give us your cash" updates.

pl 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 13:39 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Judging by the amount of black/white paint and 2 new pyros hat people shop till they drop :(

se 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 15:21 
Geek (970)
Seems there will be quite some time until I'll get the materials I need to craft me that fez... :/
17.50 € is just not something I'm willing to pay for 1 item! :X

Reckon Valve would've made more money if they'd lower the price-tags on the items
and made them more available. To get the four new set hats one would have to pay
70 € or just wait until they drop or the materials drop, which would take forever.

Still happy they didn't implement anything you'd have to pay real money for that actually
affected the game-mechanics. As it is now everyone can still get the game-affecting items
even if it takes a sweet while.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 15:31 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
chad, there are hundreds of kids out there, who would spend 70 euros on a crocodile suit for their sniper etc valve probably made a mint on update day.

I met a crocodile on the PIE, my headshot on him left him with 1hp but he would die, then i died because of him, he laughed, i kicked him for high ping...

that IS a game breaking mechanic, if some nub sniper gets to live after a beautiful head shot, and act like a fag the rest of the game, its game breaking, next time i saw him i aimed for his tiny balls, and then kept killing him... until i kicked him. :ugly:

:18

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 15:47 
Likes to type... (279)
If you're willing to trade any hats you don't really care about you can get the refined metal fairly easily, already crafted both the milk man and attendant, they definately shouldn't have made hats (which have only been cosmetic upto now) needed for stat bonuses, all this could have been easily avoided

Also, yay for being fucking bored at work :4

pl 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 15:50 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Almost 13% of active tf2 players have Mann. Co Hat in their inventory, which means they've spend some money on items. Some people are absolutely crazy, I saw a guy who collected 200(!!) crates and wrote to Valve to make a special key to open them all, he's willing to pay 500$ for it :roll:
As for the hats I would say Familiar Fez is most game breaking, cause it decreases decloak sound by I would say 99% for dead ringer, and 90% for normal cloak. But then some epic bug took away all my items traded after 8th October so I dont have a fez anymore, I hope they'll fix it...
As for the metal you could get all metal in the world just after they made hats craftable, I made 5 from 2 hats. Now when everybody wants it its much harder, I was offered one refined for my solly hat yesterday :|

se 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 16:57 
Geek (970)
Well yea, that is certainly affecting the game, and yea, I do believe some people
have bought the new hats, but it is my personal belief that more people would be
willing to open their wallets and pay for the items if the prices were lower.

I'm not too concerned (perhaps I should be? ) about the current implementation of
the store, as I know there are worse marketing models where the game might be
completely free, but you won't stand a chance or are at a significant disadvantage
against players that have paid for items that gives their character different and/or better
abilities/powers. Asian RPGs comes to mind... :/

In TF2 you are still able to get hold of the new set items and hats, even though it will take
quite some time for players to either wait for a set hat to drop, or to collect all the raw
materials needed. Point is, you still have a choice: Will I either spend 17.50 € to get the new
hat, or will I wait 12 weeks to get the materials needed?
How the choice comes across to individuals depend on the individuals of course, but it remains a choice.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 17:14 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
indeed, people will pay the money if they want to, and ive got no problem with that, ive spent £4 in the shop so far, but i doubt ill buy anything else.

speaking of which, anyone want two crates?

pl 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 18:12 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I hopeValve will exclude hats from class sets soon, mainly cause set hats are fucking ugly :ugly: But if they do I will miss my grey Mullet, cause I gave it up for metal :( But I appreciate the store idea, it can drag new people into the game and thats awesome, cause it means more noobs to kill :D Also I like the idea of constant development, Im not the kind of guy, who would like to play vanilla tf2 for 5 years on no more than 5 maps and there are shitloads of people who would love that ( counter strike + dust2 anyone ? :ugly: ) If it was Activision or EA we would probably have Team Fortress 5 already and droping couple of bucks to open some crates is perfectly fine for me, they deserve the money.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 00:53 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
I think its a total rip off and one of a GRAND scale.

How many of you guys said a year or so ago that paying for WoW monthly is a huuuuge scam, and yet people sit here and say this micro-payment system is fine.

They deserve the money? All they have done is make about 100 hats or items in about 3 years and suddenly that is worth more than the original price tag on the game.

Not to mention the fact that people new to the game are at a massive disadvantage now due to this, its like playing on cs and only being allowed to use a pistol unless you spend 5$ on a rifle. jokes.

This sort of thing ticks me off - Ild rather go all in and pay 30$ for a full expansion including new classes, new maps, new gameplay mechanics BLAH BLAH BLAH, but instead you get to spend 70euros for an item set, for 1 class, out of 9.

Deserve the money my arse, they can suck my cock and call me larry. When they actually code anything more than pixels in the shape of fluffly bunny ears and a carrot gun then they can have some money.

cl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 01:01 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
[SpA]Greasy_greabo wrote:
I think its a total rip off and one of a GRAND scale.

How many of you guys said a year or so ago that paying for WoW monthly is a huuuuge scam, and yet people sit here and say this micro-payment system is fine.

They deserve the money? All they have done is make about 100 hats or items in about 3 years and suddenly that is worth more than the original price tag on the game.

Not to mention the fact that people new to the game are at a massive disadvantage now due to this, its like playing on cs and only being allowed to use a pistol unless you spend 5$ on a rifle. jokes.

This sort of thing ticks me off - Ild rather go all in and pay 30$ for a full expansion including new classes, new maps, new gameplay mechanics BLAH BLAH BLAH, but instead you get to spend 70euros for an item set, for 1 class, out of 9.

Deserve the money my arse, they can suck my cock and call me larry. When they actually code anything more than pixels in the shape of fluffly bunny ears and a carrot gun then they can have some money.

I love you, will you marry me?

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 01:10 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
I guess Greasy you forgot what was initially in tf2 and what is now in terms of maps, gameplay modes, gameplay mechanisms, shitloads of usefull and game changing items.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 01:29 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
What was in tf2? 9 classes. About 7 maps? Wicked.

Source sdk updated to allow for tf2 allowance = maps

Valve make about 10 more maps in what 3 years? A mode in which you have to push a cart. Wicked. No capture the flag, no VIP .

They release shoddy maps for KOTH making no one play it, they dont support arena enough with updates making it obsolete.

They update the classes (which I shall not diss, because it was a good move when they realised their were class imbalances and problems in the gameplay due to certain things), they do this however by introducing new items - some good, some too good, some laughable. They then think, lets introduce more and much more importantly vanity items in which we will make people go into a collecting fervour. YEAH A HAT OMG CUM CUM CUM.

They release the drop system over the achievement system, saving the effort to make more than class achievements and trying to circumnavigate the achievement servers. Wahooo idle servers, brilliant system and thought went into it; the more you play, and if your a lucky lucky boy you get an item :D:D:D:D:D:D:D. So much effort.

Add more items.

Realise people cum for items in their wet dreams.

Add a price tag for them.

Wait, how many REASONABLE people will pay for just vanity items... or items which have poss/negatives... hmm... OH WAIT I KNOW ITEM SETS YAY MUNZ.

Great development time, was awesome. Really effected how the game was played.

Ild rather pay for an expansion of a mappack of 20 KOTH,PLR, PL and arena maps with some thought into them than a chocolate fudgesickle gun with +10 movespeed.

But then again, if you want to pay 70euros on a set of pixels which effects the game at about a 1% ratio then be my guest, Ill just go buy 2 new games with it.