Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:42

All times are UTC+01:00

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 17:44 
Geek (602)
On a short story, i traded my earbuds + 1 crate to someone on the official forums for guadalajara+ napper's respite+distinctive lack of hue + duelling minigame. now my question is... if i got such a good offer, can that person report me for scam ? :/ i was seriously stunned at the moment :/
halp please

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 17:47 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Its not a good offer, new pyro hats are nearly worthless on the market, earbuds are worth 2-3 good hats. So be happy about a trade, as you're not gonna trade those pyro hats for anything usefull.

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 17:48 
Geek (602)
Of course i won't, those are AWESOME !!

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 17:50 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Yes they are awesome but very popular, so in fact you gave up your earbuds pretty low ;)

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 17:55 
Geek (602)
Nah, i don't want any other hat except those + attendant :P and i will craft my attendant so no need for any hats from now on :4
but honestly i got quite scared that the dude i traded with will report me for scam :|

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Bartg wrote:
Its not a good offer, new pyro hats are nearly worthless on the market, earbuds are worth 2-3 good hats. So be happy about a trade, as you're not gonna trade those pyro hats for anything usefull.
LOL "on the market" haha you sound cool bart hehe ^^

@ Edeph, if the guy pressed accept trade then the deal was made, he could of declined, he could have changed it at anytime, so he has no grounds to make a report with valve, not unless you threatened him, if people are stupid whilst trading, its their own damn fault, no one is twisting their arms. You got to remember, that most of these items, dont have any real objective valve, they are just cosmetic most of the time, and their perceived value is only based on rarity or how cool they are (again, subjective)

dont worry about it, if u get a letter from valve, send it too me, ive done a semester of contract law (which would make me over qualified in America) so ill write your response. ;)

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:05 
Geek (602)
lols, thanks :4 but he checked first, i always check the last

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
yeah, but you both have to press the trade button

pl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:21 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
The "market" as we should call it is stupid, cause both pyro hats popped out of S1 crates. As so many crates were dropping first couple of days people opened thousands of them, so just by % chance it was obvious, that those hats will be popular. Now that S1 crates are rarer almost none of these 2 hats are found. In fact by statistics Guadalajara and Nappers are equally popular as Fez, Attendant, Milkman or Softcap. But for some weird reasons all you can get in exchange is a paint and maybe some scrap metal :roll: I think it was mistake by valve, cause opening series 1 crate you had 25% chance of finding one of those hats. In S2 percentage is only 20% and you can get one of three hats :/

Last edited by Bartg on 13 Oct 2010, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:23 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
tsk, bloody market aye?! :roll:

:mrgreen:

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:30 
Geek (602)
xD

so the main ideea is that i don't have to worry for anything ? I posted a ticket to valve asking if i can get reported as scammer for generous offers :/ ...you can never know where people's minds go these days >_> but i don't think that dude was a fool because he had bought all the polycounts with real money and he had 150 games in his account :/

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:32 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Edeph wrote:
xD

so the main ideea is that i don't have to worry for anything ? I posted a ticket to valve asking if i can get reported as scammer for generous offers :/ ...you can never know where people's minds go these days >_> but i don't think that dude was a fool because he had bought all the polycounts with real money and he had 150 games in his account :/
LOL! NO! he is a fool for spending all that money on the polycount stuff,... then again you said he bought that many games, maybe he is rich... so fuck him :)

de 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 20:16 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Dont you think sending Valve a mail with "I made a trade that could be called scam, will you ban me for it" is a bad idea?

nl 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 20:18 
Community slut (13473)
Dekar wrote:
Dont you think sending Valve a mail with "I made a trade that could be called scam, will you ban me for it" is a bad idea?
Ye, that was actually done before and happened :mrgreen: (on something else than a trade thought)

ro 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 21:04 
Geek (602)
i have the pm as proof :P

@saint : thanks for scaring the shit out of me again :4

@dekar : the mail sounds different more like: someone gave me more weapons than i deserved for what i offered, can he call that scam? " :P