Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:02

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:43 
Likes to type... (279)
Ok, so I opened one of the large presents (gives 23 people a random item) on one of the servers a few weeks ago and it was quite nice seeing a few people get hats from it. So I was thinking of maybe making it a regular thing every month (or maybe even every two weeks). I would prefer for the items to go to SpA members and server regulars though rather than just some random who's on the server at the time but then is never seen again (although randoms who get a free item and then stuck around and become regulars would be nice too). :5:

So I was looking for ideas on maybe the best way to do this, plus it would be nice to maybe make some kinda fun event out of it. The first thing that came to mind for me would be to maybe try and mix it in with Melee Sunday somehow, maybe password off server 2 every two weeks or so (2 weeks rather than weekly so we don’t all burn out on melee Sunday again) and just try and make it into a little event night, mumble, beers, presents and just all try and have a good laugh :4

maybe even try and get some different events going every now and again in case we get bored of the melee.

So what do you guys think, or anyone have any other ideas on how to make it interesting? :P

de 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:55 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Make it a public 32 players server so only 2/3 of the players, half of them pubs, get a present?
That should be interesting to watch. :ugly:

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Sounds good wildblaze, you got my support :D and help if needed!

but doesnt it cost you to buy these gifts? shouldnt u be spending ur money on more useful things, like crack & hookers etc :D

Also, id like to do a medieval tf2 game (perhaps on that castle map), so only huntsman, demo swords, demo axes, charging shield thing, axtinquisher (pyro can only use flame thrower to ignite bows) cant think of anymore off the top of my head, but u get the idea ^^ anything that stays some what with the theme.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:07 
Likes to type... (279)
I don't mind buying the gifts, need an excuse to stop buying junk anyway, just don't got room for half the crap I buy lately, plus I somehow spent £20 on keys the other day without realizing it so I’ve given up on crates now which should save some money :lol:

And the medieval TF2 sounds pretty cool, wonder if we could maybe get a few ideas and try and get a different event going every couple of weeks to try and keep people interested :)

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 26 Oct 2010, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:27 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
cool cool, i traded a crappy pryo hat for a key yesterday, and got a shortstop... i wasnt amused...

:S

i had some other ideas for a game event, if we could find a map which is pretty narrow and is on a cliff, we could do a blow back pyro event, sort of like the gladiators duel.

Heavy only melee event. The gloves are ON!

Spy ONLY 2Fort. (or any ctf)

12 v 1... 1 being a spy (needs to be a good spy.. and to make it fair, no pyros :S)

Rabbit hunt, 6 Archer Snipers vs 6 Scouts (must have the bunny hats ^^) and the scouts can only melee and run!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:32 
Likes to type... (279)
sounds like pretty cool ideas, although needing the bunny ears might be a bit much (though if they have them it would be prefared for them to wear it). :lol:

Would be nice if we could maybe have a random Hat giveaway as the big prize for every event, some people donate a spare weapon or 2 that they have to a pool, with the hope that we could get enough scrap metal from them to make a random hat that gets given to a random player, only problem is how to choose who to give it to, any ideas?

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:44 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
the winner?

bunny ears wouldnt be a nescity but would visually make it look more fun. Just means the hunters can try and track down some pesky wabbits!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:48 
Geek (993)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
i had some other ideas for a game event, if we could find a map which is pretty narrow and is on a cliff, we could do a blow back pyro event, sort of like the gladiators duel.
would probably be easy to make since you aren't likely gonna find exactly what you want.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 17:22 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Repel wrote:
would probably be easy to make since you aren't likely gonna find exactly what you want.
get on it then sport ;)

pl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 17:34 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Medieval tf2 on cp_castle :4 We could have a boxing event on this http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/146300 - 1 on 1, lets see who stays alive the longest :mrgreen: Also maybe a good old highlander football match http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/51448 with presents - speedball style ? I played this map long ago and it was epic fun - giant ball in the middle, some healthpacks and massive melee brawl with goalkeepers being heavies :D
Also Ballsy there is a gladiator style map for airblast gladiators http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/56950 :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 17:48 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
fairplay bart those are some fantastic map choices :D

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 17:49 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
here's we do this then

- get a server set up like we do for Anna's melee sunday's (in this case, minus the melee + presents plugin); password protected preferably
- set the map to cp_castle, 2fort or some other appropriate theme
- everyone plays mediaevel (however you spell it D:) tf2; demoknights, huntsman snipers and whatever else fits in with the theme.
- invite all yer friends, turn on the ol' alltalk, crack open some presents and enjoy the epic win

can we do this, or can we do this? :4

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 17:59 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
2 people spawn as a huntsman sniper, rest of people spawn as scouts in bunny ears, sniper has to kill as many rabbits in x amount of time, custom map with trees and shit.

That is a mod I want.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
2 people spawn as a huntsman sniper, rest of people spawn as scouts in bunny ears, sniper has to kill as many rabbits in x amount of time, custom map with trees and shit.

That is a mod I want.
kind of just ripping off my idea, gawd dammit moose... :|

pl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 18:07 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Getting hang of Bunny Ears is impossible, unless you give away half of your backpack. Just gief football match first :P

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 18:10 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
well the bunny ears visually look more fun, but they wouldn't be essential

pl 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 18:14 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Btw halloween is coming I hope Valve gives back halloween event.

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 18:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i went on a server the other day, and it had the Halloween mode running, and you could hear the ghost, and players got "scared" but the ghost model was no where to be see ^^

that Halloween map was fucking fun thou :D

de 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 19:01 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Look at the results of Valve latest mapping contest, they declared 2 maps winner, one of them is halloween themed.

Theres definitly a Halloween update with new map coming. :4

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 19:37 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:

That is a mod I want.
kind of just ripping off my idea, gawd dammit moose... :|
I copyrighted that bitch

ro 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 21:43 
Geek (602)
Oh, but this sounds so fun and fun :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 22:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
ffs, why am i going to glasgow for halloween?!!!!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 22:48 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
:( Well fuck you then!

gb 
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 22:58 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
You wanna know how I got there scars?

I went to Glasgow for Halloween...

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 01:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
"Did you get that adorable purple suit from there too?"

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 12:17 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I just realised something: I'm going to be playing the game of 'count the crappy joker costumes' again this year, aren't I?

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 13:09 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
If we protect the server with a password, how would we let our regulars know the password?

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 13:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
If we protect the server with a password, how would we let our regulars know the password?

ro 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 13:27 
Has no REAL life! (3017)

OK. NOW WHAT???

gb 
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 13:35 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]sebas wrote:
OK. NOW WHAT???
now we wait :o