Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:00

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 11:53 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
I have about finished my master so it is time i deliver on my promise.
I want to start working on a proper highlander plug-in for our highlander server
What i have till now (on paper)

Class select option: You get priority in picking your class
Class waiting list: You get to play your class once with priority then someone else

Play priority: You get to play next time, this means implementing a waiting list for +9 players.
Play waiting list: This waiting list needs implemented then also.

Connected with the spa points system.
I created the following functions, the class structure exists on paper but i need more options.
Nice menu structure to select all these, buy them and change them.
Who has more ideas??
Post them and i will try to implement them

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 12:05 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
You may want to talk to Greasy and Bam about the highlander server.

se 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 12:19 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
CS, perchance?

if so, then yes, I suggest you tell us what you are doing for your master thesis. :P

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 12:25 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Done. :D

nl 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 12:27 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
m3n wrote:
CS, perchance?

if so, then yes, I suggest you tell us what you are doing for your master thesis. :P
Dont know what cs is exept counter strike.

And my masters:

Single-spiking and bursting activity in a three layer Liquid-state network model: Where is the information?
Abstract:
This paper presents exploratory results on the influence of bursting spiking behavior on the information content of neuron spikes in a three layered model of a cortical micro column. The bursting behavior is introduced in three parts of this model: the input, the recurrent layers and the output of the cortical micro column. Our hypotheses are as follows: 1. Bursting behavior in the input increases the information content of the neurons in the model. 2. Input injection in layers closer to the output layer of the model increases the information content of the neurons. 3. Bursting in the recurrent layers of the network decreases the information content. 4. Bursting in the output of the column increases the information content of the output neurons.
The information content of the neurons in the model is analyzed with two methods: firstly a newly created method for assessing the correlated firing of neurons. This method is based on the FFT response of the pooled action potentials of these neurons. The second analytical tool is the Shannon mutual information metric. This metric is adapted for high temporal precision. This allows quantitative and qualitative tracking of information flow through the network.
During the simulations large quantitative difference were found between the different neurons types in the model. Inhibitory neurons lacking direct input contained no information regarding the injected input. The bursting neurons in the model layers and the output contained a larger amount of information when compared with the regular spiking neurons. The bursting neurons retained information for a longer period. The introduction of bursting behavior in the input resulted in a decrease of information contained in the model.
Two theoretical advances have been made: first the explicit inclusion of the input as a part of the network and secondly new insights in the visualization of the connections and layering of the cortical micro column. The application of these theoretical approaches allowed an improved functional analysis of the results.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 12:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Nonoice wrote:
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
Done. :D
:16

se 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 14:44 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
cs = computer science, but apparently not.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 16:49 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
idk if it helps, but i'm remembering that arena mode had a waiting system of some kind put in place, and that it was possible to override it (saw it on some arena 24/7 server about a year back); it might be useful in the waiting for a slot thing or something. just a thought :)

it'd be cool if there was a way streamlined way in which people who wanted to play on the same team (basically, to stack, given that the nature of the server is probably going to be as competitive as possible) could do so. this probably isn't the best method of achieving this, but it might run something like;
that's a fairly long winded and complicated way of doing it, but making it as easy as possible to keep, for example, everyone from a certain clan who wants to play on the same team all together is something that deserves to be looked at imo

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010, 16:56 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
also, this is going to be totally awesome once its done, go nonoice! :4

nl 
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2010, 11:31 
Nerdish, tbh. (455)
The whole clan select thingy has already crossed my mind.
The solution, akin to yours, is pretty complicated though.
I will leave that for the second version. :D