It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:34

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: TF2 beta server launched
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 10:25 
Community slut (13473)
We're lauching a TF2 beta server available at: 85.17.60.96:27015

Quote:
A Team Fortress 2 Beta is now available. If you would like to run a dedicated server for it, please run hldsupdatetool and use the game name 'tf_beta'. Please visit this thread on the Steam forums for all of the details and to post any suggestions, comments or issues about the Beta.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/f ... php?f=1038

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 10:31 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
Have I woken up this morning, and inadvertently got out of the side of bed which causes me to travel through time?

I must be missing something. Which to be fair, really wouldn't be hard.

de 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 10:35 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
What's in the initial release?
Three Natascha variants:

* -40% damage
* -25% damage, -25% health
* Spin-up/down time increased, slowdown-on-hit effect falls off over distance.

:4 :4 :4

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 11:03 
Likes to type... (279)
Thank god, possible Natasha nerf's, Valve really do care :D

also
Quote:
Map changes:
cp_granary: new entrance added into the RED and BLU mid ramp room.
cp_5gorge: 5 CP version of cp_gorge.

Misc balance changes:
Players being healed by a medic are immune to movement-impairing effects generated by hit-scan weapons.
the new verson of gorge sounds pretty cool, always nice to have a new 5cp map, and has anyone had a chance to check out the granary changes yet?

cl 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 14:47 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Nooooo! my Natasha!

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 15:17 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Woot! hope they make that gun utterly pointless to use; such a crap nubby weapon.

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 16:03 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
PetePorty wrote:
Nooooo! my Natasha!
Defense rests.
Nice to see Valve still caring about tf2, might just drag me back into it, mainly cause black ops is still broken and there's no real ability to play with friends.

de 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 16:08 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Valve cares for TF2 ? Why did it take them so long then to nerf it? Not that its actually nerfed now in the real game...

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 16:33 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Dekar wrote:
Valve cares for TF2 ? Why did it take them so long then to nerf it? Not that its actually nerfed now in the real game...
well they probably spent the time making this beta because they are probably sick of doing this, internal testing, implement, steam forum complaints, change balance, test, steam forum complaints etc etc, this way, they can externally test the new nerfs, map changes etc (messing with granary's layout is something i would have to implement without serious testing) and get better data to make the normal tf2 game better. Plus, please remember the TF2 team is small, really small.

I for one can't wait for the day when i can run around as scout and not be slowed down by some nub a million miles away using a natscha *cough* pete *cough*

:ugly: :ugly: :ugly:

cl 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (1308)
Come on, it ain't THAT overpowered...

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 17:21 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
It is that overpowered, and mostly annoying slowing you down while heavy is shooting from next map.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 17:28 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i like the idea of the slow down effect having a distance decay :) or just make it that the heavy is slapped with a 100 damage for every Natasha round shot.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010, 17:35 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
PetePorty wrote:
Come on, it ain't THAT overpowered...
ohhhhh yes it is

will be on the server tonight, this stuff sounds good. and more changes to come, it sounds like :4

us 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 03:55 
Geek (638)
Speaking of Beta, my account get disabled, directly after I installed Beta :(
I opened a help desk topic on it, however.

de 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 09:27 
Geek (630)
Now there are 2 versions of TF2 splitting the already reduced number of tf2 players in two groups. So less players on more servers and different game versions.

Total Bullshit.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 13:29 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Dunken wrote:
Now there are 2 versions of TF2 splitting the already reduced number of tf2 players in two groups. So less players on more servers and different game versions.

Total Bullshit.
I agree, its really late in the day to start external testing, they should just nerf the natscha, and give us the new maps, cp5_gorge sounds great! and hey, if the new granary door sucks ass and breaks the game then they can just revert that shit, dont see any point in making this testing environment for new items and balance tweaks this late in the day and almost 4 years after release...

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 15:58 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
- Spin-up/down time increased, slowdown-on-hit effect falls off over distance.

Totally my suggestion

I think the beta is more aimed for competitive formats, since granary cp3/yard area and natascha were some of the biggest complaint topics for ages in the competitive scene. Maybe they finally realised that the competitive scene know how to improve a game. Although the granary change does not actually help the problem at all, just makes demomen way more powerful than they already are in that area, luckily, this is a beta :P . Sticky spam into the ramp room is not going to help anyone.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010, 17:11 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Minimoose! wrote:
- Spin-up/down time increased, slowdown-on-hit effect falls off over distance.

Totally my suggestion

I think the beta is more aimed for competitive formats, since granary cp3/yard area and natascha were some of the biggest complaint topics for ages in the competitive scene. Maybe they finally realised that the competitive scene know how to improve a game. Although the granary change does not actually help the problem at all, just makes demomen way more powerful than they already are in that area, luckily, this is a beta :P . Sticky spam into the ramp room is not going to help anyone.
i need to see this new door they have added, i hope its a lovely shiney door :mrgreen:

also "Maybe they finally realised that the competitive scene know how to improve a game." couldnt agree more, what the fuck to the moaning little 15 year old dipshits on the steam forums know about game design?! all they do is run into walls and get horribly horrible killed... nubs :5:

se 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2011, 18:36 
Geek (970)
Is the beta server still up?