Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:53

All times are UTC+01:00

ro 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 19:38 
Has no REAL life! (3017)
Quote:
Valve’s Team Fortress 2 is about to be invaded by Rift, the upcoming MMO from Trion Worlds. Both companies announced today that Steam customers who pre-order Rift by March 4th will receive two exclusive melee weapons in Team Fortress 2: the “Sharpened Volcano Fragment” and “Sun-on-a-stick.” Additionally, the Valve team is adding a permanent Team Fortress 2 achievement that grants players a redeemable code for an equally exclusive (and terrifying) headpiece in Rift, the “Well Spun Hat.”

Team Fortress 2 players will automatically receive the melee weapons beginning today, while players lusting after the Well Spun Hat must complete the new “Riftwalker” achievement. After applying the code on their Trion account page, Rift players will receive the hat in their in-game mailbox beginning with the game’s headstart period on February 24th.
All Steam pre-order customers will receive the weapons, including those who’ve already purchased Rift through the digital platform. This offer is available to Steam users worldwide.

• Sharpened Volcano Fragment – Melee weapon for the Pyro
• Sun-on-a-stick – Melee weapon for the Scout
• Well Spun Hat – Cosmetic head slot item used to intimidate and frighten other players

Click here to see images of the items.

To pre-order the game and receive the exclusive in-game items, please visit www.steampowered.com
Great, and I preordered Rift from their own website. -_-

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 20:36 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Blah as I thought more and more stupid ( and not fitting the tf2 world at all ) promo items ( that are just reskins of useless melee weapons like the fireaxe ) just to sell some mediocre games. Pretty pathetic.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 20:56 
Has no REAL life! (5288)
The hat in rift is pretty cool though :D

pl 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 20:59 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
And very fitting in the tf2 :roll: They could just make Gabe's mom into a hat to scare other players.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 22:00 
Has no REAL life! (2026)
I actually have heard rift might be good...

JUST SAYING.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011, 23:00 
Geek (638)
...Because we clearly need more promotional items, especially after the last three from MNC.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 01:28 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Fehzor wrote:
...Because we clearly need more promotional items, especially after the last three from MNC.
Why not? Or am I missing the sheer amount of harm these pointless promo items are causing?

us 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 02:29 
Geek (638)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
Fehzor wrote:
Why not? Or am I missing the sheer amount of harm these pointless promo items are causing?
IDK, they kind of... mess with the art style of the game. I suppose they don't really do any harm... Either way, I'd rather see actual new unlockable weapons that I could earn instead of just promotional crap.

I did get the achievement, and it gave me a ticket thing. I don't have rift so...

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 02:49 
Likes to type... (279)
I want that axe so much, shame its stats arn't too good, but it could be fun in melee sudden death for a change from my powerjack every now and again :cry:

I've heard rift is acctually supposed to be pretty good, though sadly the last MMO that really got me excited was Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, so hopefully this won't turn out the same :?

Edit: Looks like the 2 of them will be craftable after a little while, shiney. So now i don't have to worry about getting the game right away or maybe even not at all if it looks disapointing, hopefully a beta key will show up at some point.

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 04 Feb 2011, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 03:28 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Fehzor wrote:
they kind of... mess with the art style of the game
The past promotional gear isn't so bad, but the MNC and Rift stuff doesn't compliment the style at all. Which is a shame, because the game has a real cool look about it. Green caps, and that sun on a stick thing sort of kills it for me personally.

us 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 04:49 
Has no REAL life! (1295)
I'm not paying 50$ for a game I don't really want that badly (and im sure few do :roll: ) so i can get weapons that you will be able to craft :P I think the axe fits the pyro kind of though, the scout thing...not so much. But really, if you see a pyro running at you chopping a lava axe its ganna look badass :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 10:20 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Fehzor wrote:
IDK, they kind of... mess with the art style of the game. I suppose they don't .
Green and Pink paint did that anyway!

This is the colour palette that TF2 items SHOULD have adhered too!

Those new items look pretty crappy and if you can craft them, what's the point, the iron curtain looked really crap too as a promo item.

That new spider hat is just for rift thou. right? looks also crap...

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 10:43 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
The Iron Curtain is such a waste, they should of made it different to the default.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 10:45 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
JuncoPartner wrote:
The Iron Curtain is such a waste, they should of made it different to the default.
The artist who made it was WELL lazy, its a fucking hexagon or something... !!!

us 
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 23:51 
Geek (638)
I take it back, actually. If I can craft or obtain it without buying rift I'm happy (and your right, the art style is dead anyway...). But dumping pay-only items in too often is bleh.

And the iron curtain looks really gay.

gb 
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 21:00 
Has no REAL life! (4896)
If you buy my new brand of 'Farmer Moist's Pepto Bismal Scented Ass Fresheners' before the 14th of March, then you get a promotional hat for TF2, that has been exclusively designed by the Prince of Monaco. :5:

It's basically designed to look like Kelsey Grammar in a flannel shirt holding two kittens. Buy now to guarantee dissapointment! :4

us 
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2011, 03:31 
Geek (638)
What they do-