Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:36

All times are UTC+01:00

nl 
 Post subject: TF2 updates installed
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 08:20 
Community slut (13473)
Quote:
- Increased the base damage for the Scout's Sun-on-a-Stick, and changed it to always mini-crit against burning targets if the attack is not already critical.
- Fixed burning deaths to always use the death notice icon for the weapon that started the burn.
- Updated the RIFT pre-order items to be not-tradable until the RIFT pre-order period is over.
- Updated the burn effect from the Pyro's Sharpened Volcano Fragment to only last for a limited time on enemies.
- Updated the description of the Well Spun Hat claim code item.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 11:22 
Likes to type... (279)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Quote:
- Updated the burn effect from the Pyro's Sharpened Volcano Fragment to only last for a limited time on enemies.
Well, thats pretty much made the item useless then, though at least it might still be useful in Medievil/Melee Sudden Death so its not quite Dakolas Bar useless yet.

The Sun on a Stick seems a bit more useful now, or at least less useless :roll:

Edit: Wait, never mind, it actually makes it incredibley useless now, now it doesn't stack with Buff Banner, Crit a Cola or jarate, and its damage is even lower all around now, nice one valve

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 11:51 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Well, thats pretty much made the item useless then, though at least it might still be useful in Medievil/Melee Sudden Death so its not quite Dakolas Bar useless yet.

The Sun on a Stick seems a bit more useful now, or at least less useless :roll:

Edit: Wait, never mind, it actually makes it incredibley useless now, now it doesn't stack with Buff Banner, Crit a Cola or jarate, and its damage is even lower all around now, nice one valve
do u have these items?

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 11:55 
Likes to type... (279)
not yet, but the infinite afterburn was the only decent thing about the volcano shard which at least gave it some novelty value, especially since medics and medkits couldn't put it out either, and the sun on a stick used to do around 47 damage to burning players and 27 damage to non burning players, but could stack with mini crits, now it does around 40 damage to burning players, around 30 to non burning, and can't stack with mini crits. Not to mention that it now does about 50 less crit damage vs burning players. Seeing as pretty much the entire point of the weapon is the novelty value vs burning players, nerfing it for that purpose and giving it a whole 3 damage more vs non burning players seems like an odd direction to go.

ro 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 12:57 
The Necromancer (4970)
I hope you realize that infinite afterburn that can't be put out either is pretty retarded, right? ;-)

Worth noting is that these are the first two "preorder items" that actually give gameplay benefits/changes, which WOULD piss me off if I was still playing TF2 but luckily I only launch it once a month to see a retarded mess of melee-ing Heavies and Demomen, combat medics, charging Engineers etc.
It's sad how a finely tuned team-based game turned into utter chaos - which might be fun for some people but is just stupid for others.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 13:00 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
it's always the case, they release something, nerf it, revert it, nerf it some more, add a 1% more power, nerf it, change the design, nerf that design, revert, add 2% then nerf... then OP it, then nerf it 6months later, release a beta server to allow proper testing, dont do anything, then nerf it.... then.... repeat?

^^ also known as valve design.

Lim, there is nothing wrong with charging engys, they are pretty much like scouts in a few ways, and can be quite offensive, makes the class a little less boring now too. well. i enjoy it :)

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 13:14 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I sometimes charge as an engy, when I need to get to the new spawn point so I can place a tele, pretty surprising what you can do with a shotgun, when its your primary weapon, you can get a kill or two out of was suppose to be a suicide run :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 15:33 
Likes to type... (279)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
I hope you realize that infinite afterburn that can't be put out either is pretty retarded, right? ;-)
of course, it was obviously a bug and needed to be fixed, but now without it the axe is just a fairly uninspireing weapon that can't even come close to competeing with the axtinguisher/homewrecker/powerjack/backscratcher (which is probably for the best overall that its not too powerful since it won't be available to everyone for another month, but something that made it at least interesting would have been nice).

hopefully Valve will make these actually worthwhile once the recipes come out.

de 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 15:34 
Has no REAL life! (4162)
[SpA]Lim-Dul wrote:
Worth noting is that these are the first two "preorder items" that actually give gameplay benefits/changes
Valve wrote:
The Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the Sun-on-a-Stick will be obtainable through crafting after the Rift pre-order period ends.
;-)

pl 
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 15:43 
Has no REAL life! (1715)
Quote:
I only launch it once a month to see a retarded mess of melee-ing Heavies and Demomen, combat medics, charging Engineers etc.
Exactly why I only play on one server nowadays, where those things happen very rarely ;)