It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:11

All times are UTC+02:00

ro 
 Post subject: TF2 updates installed
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 09:06 
Geek (736)
Quote:
Team Fortress 2
Updated the Sharpened Volcano Fragment and the Sun-on-a-Stick so they can be traded

se 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 09:37 
Has no REAL life! (1120)
Is this really a server update?

nl 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 09:39 
Community slut (13473)
m3n wrote:
Is this really a server update?
There was no server update announcement so it's not a required update. However client updates only are mostly installable as 'optional update' for the server.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 09:40 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i like m3n's avatar.

de 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 09:58 
Geek (856)
They are craftable now, too. But the cost for these weird weapons is ridiculous

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 10:10 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Voegelchen wrote:
They are craftable now, too. But the cost for these weird weapons is ridiculous
the axe is a little steep, but the sun on a stick is about the same cost as a polycount i think. Axe does sound fun thou... but the question is... is it? :shock:

de 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 10:17 
Geek (856)
The fun part about the axe is that it can set people on fire. But wait all your other weapons (except shotgun) can do that, too.
I see no sense in this weapon. Neither in the scout one. I am totally for new weapons with new functions if they fill a niché.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 10:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i really want a mini huntmans crossbow pistol as a secondary for the sniper.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 11:37 
Likes to type... (279)
The Axe is for Medievil mode for the most part, since the pyro can't use any of his other weapons to set people on fire there. The scouts just seems a little useless since if you want a scout and pyro to work together the candy cane for scout and backscratcher for pyro is probably the better option.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 12:36 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
The Axe is for Medievil mode for the most part, since the pyro can't use any of his other weapons to set people on fire there. The scouts just seems a little useless since if you want a scout and pyro to work together the candy cane for scout and backscratcher for pyro is probably the better option.
As you are the one to ask, what weapons do you recommend to use/avoid as Pyro these days? I've not played him in ages but I'm trying to pick up my neglected classes.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 13:21 
Likes to type... (279)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
As you are the one to ask, what weapons do you recommend to use/avoid as Pyro these days? I've not played him in ages but I'm trying to pick up my neglected classes.
Right now the Degreaser and axtingisher are pretty much the standard pyro loadout and for good reason. As the degreaser only affects afterburn damage (from 3/sec to 2/sec), its pretty much an upgrade to the regular flamethrower due to how much of a joke afterburn has been since around the time jarate came along, now pretty much every class has some way to either put it out on themselves and/or teammates (Madmilk, Airblast, Sandvich/Steak, Jarate, Medigun/Krits, Dispenser, Dead ringer) or just make it not much of a threat (Bonk, Equalizer, Targe, Medic regen).

The degreaser and powerjack is still viable with the set-hat. Though probably not as powerful as the Axtingisher, I still use it from time to time though

It doesn't matter too much about whether you choose the shotgun or flaregun at the moment and it just comes down to personal preference, though right now the shotgun probably has the better synergy with the degreaser due to the way the flaregun reloads.

If you want to use the backburner you'll want the backscratcher as your melee, the extra health from medkits can help him survive behind the lines for a little while longer, and a medium health kit can almost heal for full health.

If the beta changes go live the flaregun will probably become a bit more viable with the degreaser as you'll get the full crit even at close range. Not sure if the flare jump will be a viable weapon with the normal pyro loadout, but it should be awesome with the new buffed backburner, it depends on how they balance it.

Home wreckers still situational, but can be useful on the ocasional defense.

And normal axe is as useless as ever.

Last edited by [SpA]WildBlaze on 02 Mar 2011, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 13:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:

If the beta changes go live the flaregun will probably become a bit more viable with the degreaser as you'll get the full crit even at close range.
Also the added benefit of flare rocket jumping? :twisted: you will be a force not to be fucked with mate ! you already scare the crap out of me 1 to 1

[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
Home wreckers still situational, but can be useful on the ocasional defense.
Useful if you are a spychecking sentry protector.

us 
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2011, 02:49 
Geek (638)
[SpA]WildBlaze wrote:
And normal axe is as useless as ever.
Yeah, I wish valve would give it like, more random crits or something, just so it'd at least be some kind of viable option in pure melee aside from the sharpened volcano nonsense and the rake/power-jack.