What to do with pl_nightfall?
Remove it from cycle 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Lower timelimit 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
Don't change anything 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 17
gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 13:46 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I like frontier, it's an interesting map, but I probably wont be staying on next time, the lags horrible. I noticed I wasn't the only one having issues while playing the map.

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 13:56 
Community slut (13473)
I have send a mail off to the HLDS mailing list to inform on the problems with pl_frontier.

nl 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 14:50 
Community slut (13473)
Can someone signal me when pl_frontier is playing on a loaded server? I have a suspicion whats causing the problems. Initial replies to my mail indicate the problems are on our side, and not generally with the map.

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 16:00 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
Can someone signal me when pl_frontier is playing on a loaded server? I have a suspicion whats causing the problems. Initial replies to my mail indicate the problems are on our side, and not generally with the map.
Will do, mate.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 01:34 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Back to Nightfall, can we please shorten the time of this map? i like the map, its well fun as spy, but after 1 round (3 stages) it starts to empty the server.

Me and Gzeus tonite had to manually change it to stop people leaving.

Would be appreciated. Maybe 15mins?

Last edited by ProtectMyBalls on 11 Mar 2011, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

cz 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 02:05 
Doesn't get out much (338)
I think Balls meant nightfall, the payload race map.
It really isn't too popular, one round is enough

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 10:16 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i didnt say lakeside.... :ugly: hehe

um, yeah, the lakeside timer should be fixed now, as saint said was a minor error in the cfg, so that will be live tonite.

The Server would definitely benefit with having nightfall set to 1 round (3 stages) because its a fun map, but gets old fast and after 1 round the numbers do depend to diminish rapidly :) Could you possibly reduce this saint? :)

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 10:19 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:

um, yeah, the lakeside timer should be fixed now, as saint said was a minor error in the cfg, so that will be live tonite.

The Server would definitely benefit with having nightfall set to 1 round (3 stages) because its a fun map, but gets old fast and after 1 round the numbers do depend to diminish rapidly :) Could you possibly reduce this saint? :)
Attached new poll as for now the conclusion to lakeside is reducing the maptime. We'll keep it like that for a while and take it back into discussion in a week or so, if still required to discuss.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 10:21 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

Attached new poll as for now the conclusion to lakeside is reducing the maptime. We'll keep it like that for a while and take it back into discussion in a week or so, if still required to discuss.
could you change the title too please saint :D , as the lakeside issue seems resolved now (even with the cfg error, the map was still full last night)

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:15 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

could you change the title too please saint :D , as the lakeside issue seems resolved now (even with the cfg error, the map was still full last night)
Done

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 11:26 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
Thanks saint! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 13:59 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Nightfall is a farce of a map and I wont be playing it any more regardless of the vote. Its just terrible

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 14:17 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yeah sorry, I did suggest this to saintk some days ago and I forgot to remind him. So yeah reduce Nightfall, great map but just too long and then it gets boring. Lakeside was also in my notes which I forgot to bump saint with so yay to that :mrgreen:

Oh and I voted btw :)

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:08 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]annarack wrote:
Yeah sorry, I did suggest this to saintk some days ago and I forgot to remind him. So yeah reduce Nightfall, great map but just too long and then it gets boring. Lakeside was also in my notes which I forgot to bump saint with so yay to that :mrgreen:

lakeside should be sorted now, as the cfg was adjusted the other day :D

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:09 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]annarack wrote:

lakeside should be sorted now, as the cfg was adjusted the other day :D
:5:

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:17 
Community slut (13473)
I never played plr_nightfall_final, can anyone fill me in on its scoring system so i know how to configure the map for 1 round. (Does it give a team point only when pushing the card to the end? Or does it give points per cart checkpoint?)

nl 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:20 
Community slut (13473)
oh, just noticed this map didnt have a config set either...

It's now linked up with the rest of the plr configs, max rounds 2, timelimit 20. Although im tempted to configure maxrounds 1 after reading this topic.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:24 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

It's now linked up with the rest of the plr configs, max rounds 2, timelimit 20. Although im tempted to configure maxrounds 1 after reading this topic.
sounds good, pipeline is fun to mix up the rotation, but has the same problem of getting old fast. I like the idea that a playload race map on the server should just be a quick fun break from the bigger heavier cp/pl/attackdefend maps. Not to mention; it's a race ^^

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 15:24 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:

sounds good, pipeline is fun to mix up the rotation, but has the same problem of getting old fast. I like the idea that a playload race map on the server should just be a quick fun break from the bigger heavier cp/pl/attackdefend maps. Not to mention; it's a race ^^
agreed

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011, 14:09 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
since its been added to the plr cfg, its actually pretty good now, it barely reaches the 3rd stage so its good for me... lets see if more people vote.