Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:28

All times are UTC+02:00

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 13:57 
Community slut (13473)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
Would I be right in guessing that the other fun modes will be tested when the dodgeball deely is working properly?
Correct. I'll first fully tweak the dodgeball server till it functions more or less as wanted, then we'll move on to the next test.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 13:58 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Cool :D

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 13:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
[SpA]ProtectMyBalls wrote:
it's air blasting back and fourth.
understatement mate. give it 10-15 minutes of your time when the server is in full flow, and i promise you you'll be hooked :4
that is far too long a time to get hooked to something, thanks anyway though buddy.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 14:12 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
understament mate. give it 10-15 minutes of your time when the server is in full flow, and i promise you you'll be hooked :4
eh just leave it

de 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 14:59 
Has no REAL life! (3230)
[SpA]Migu wrote:
Fehzor wrote:
Is there anything that your bad at?
Life? :P
Sry, had to do it. :ugly:
dont mad cuz bad

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 15:07 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]SonnyBlack wrote:
[SpA]Migu wrote:

Life? :P
Sry, had to do it. :ugly:
dont mad cuz bad
Sonny makes the rockets cheat! :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 15:51 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Yeah it is but there's more to it than that when you take into account the homing of the missiles and the way you can sabotage other players by air-blasting them.

That said, and while I have had fun with it, this mod is WAY to ping sensitive. Due to the fact that Valve can;t code to save their life, it is nigh on impossible to work out where the hell the rockets are as opposed to where they seem to be when you have a ping in the 50+ region of things (well more like 70+ for me these days). I've learnt to compensate a bit (also there is something fishy about which side you let the rocket approach you from but I can't say what for definite) but you still miss rockets you blatantly shouldn't and get hit by ones that are no where near you.

Essentially: fun but frustrating.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 21:00 
Geek (943)
I was running 150+, but I was still enjoying it. Of course, the company was as good as the competition.

de 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 21:06 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
[SpA]Howard wrote:
Yeah it is but there's more to it than that when you take into account the homing of the missiles and the way you can sabotage other players by air-blasting them.
Admins seem to favor the incredible boring maps where
1) you cant reach the other players ( most of the time )
2) rockets spawn later in the game spawn in a way thats its dangerous to get them into play

resulting in incredible yawnfests where you stand around 80% of the time, watching the 4+ player pulk jumping at every incoming rocket or alternatively where you watch someone a minute trying to get a new rocket without dieing himself.

nl 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 21:43 
Community slut (13473)
*IMPORTANT*

We're now running a dodgeball extention from a different author. All stability related complaints and all other bugs will need resubmitting if they still excist.

gb 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 22:56 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
*IMPORTANT*

We're now running a dodgeball extention from a different author. All stability related complaints and all other bugs will need resubmitting if they still excist.
Well then I'm not sure if this applies because of this, or doesn't as of now, but the Tennis map is no fun anymore, the many added rockets are going between the same 4 pyros, and if your one of those four, its pretty intense :lol:

The Jane Doe, Dell Connblabla servers have been empty :( if anyone wants to fill them for a break from dodgeball, add me on steam.

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 10:06 
Community slut (13473)
JuncoPartner wrote:
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
*IMPORTANT*

Well then I'm not sure if this applies because of this, or doesn't as of now, but the Tennis map is no fun anymore, the many added rockets are going between the same 4 pyros, and if your one of those four, its pretty intense :lol:

The Jane Doe, Dell Connblabla servers have been empty :( if anyone wants to fill them for a break from dodgeball, add me on steam.
Are the rockets launched too often?

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 10:49 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Dekar wrote:
[SpA]Howard wrote:

Admins seem to favor the incredible boring maps where
1) you cant reach the other players ( most of the time )
2) rockets spawn later in the game spawn in a way thats its dangerous to get them into play

resulting in incredible yawnfests where you stand around 80% of the time, watching the 4+ player pulk jumping at every incoming rocket or alternatively where you watch someone a minute trying to get a new rocket without dieing himself.
There are more maps now so hopefully no more yawnfests for you Dekar :5:

Also the problem with the rockets have been fixed and all talk is now permanently on.

What we might do is run a different fun plugin for a few weeks, get some feedback and then maybe, if it's possible, combine all the best bits in one big bundle of fun :4

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:21 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Is it possible to set the number of rockets back to 2? Or at least start off with 2 and as time goes in more rockets are added in or something?

Because I didn't really enjoy the number of rockets that came out right at the start, but that's just my take on it I'm probably in the minority but I figured I'd ask. :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:25 
Community slut (13473)
These are the extentions configurable settings;
Quote:
sm_dodgeball_spawninterval = 1.0 - Timer interval the each rocket is spawned on.
sm_dodgeball_autojoin = 1 - Whether or not players should be auto-assigned to a team on join.
sm_dodgeball_criticals = 1 - Enables or disables whether the rockets spawn as criticals. Having this off, the rockets will be mini-crits after a reflect but have no team colour. Nukes are never critical.
sm_dodgeball_weaponparticle = 0 - Particle to apply using attribute 134. 0 (disabled) or 3 are the only decent choices. Requires a reconnect to take affect.
sm_dodgeball_gamedesc = 1 - Sets the game description to "TFDodgeball".
sm_dodgeball_nuke_targetbeep = 1 - When a nuke locks onto a target, a sound is played to the new target if this is set.
sm_dodgeball_nuke_glow = 1 - Makes nukes have the intel/cart glow on them.
sm_dodgeball_nuke_chance = 0.01 - Chance that a rocket being spawned will be a nuke.
sm_dodgeball_dissolve_weapons = 1 - Dissolves weapons on death (as they are useless due to regenerating ammo), looks quite cool.
sm_dodgeball_dissolve_players = 0 - Dissolves players on death, ruins the whole exploding rockets thing. Nukes always dissolve players.
sm_dodgeball_dissolve_delay = 1.0 - Delay before dissolving.
sm_dodgeball_basedamage = 15.0 - Specifies the 'base' damage rockets are spawned with, the standard TF2 calculations happen based on this value, the default allows 3-4 hits before dying.
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets = 10 - Max number of rockets to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up.
sm_dodgeball_speedmul = 0.5 - Value that the base rocket speed (1100) is multiplied by.
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc = 0.02 - Percentage(ish) the rocket speed is increased per-airblast.
sm_dodgeball_turnrate = 0.25 - Amount that the rockets can turn each frame.
sm_dodgeball_basedamage_nuke = 500.0 - Specifies the amount of damage nukes do, this isn't the same as regular rockets as nukes are not critical.
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets_nuke = 1 - Max number of nukes to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up. If a nuke is going to spawn and this limit is reached, a regular rocket is spawned in it's place (if the rocket count is also below sm_dodgeball_maxrockets).
sm_dodgeball_speedmul_nuke = 0.2 - Value that the base rocket speed (1100) is multiplied by.
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc_nuke = 0.02 - Percentage(ish) the nuke speed is increased per-airblast.
sm_dodgeball_turnrate_nuke = 0.1 - Amount that the nukes can turn each frame.
All values are currently set at default, accept for the sm_dodgeball_reflectinc value which is set at 0.5.

Have a look through that list on what needs changing.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:31 
Lord of Minecraft (2894)
Quote:
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets = 10 - Max number of rockets to have spawned at once, 0 disables. The spawning commands above can screw this up.
10?! Holy moly, really? I'm game, but that will be insane! :lol:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:34 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Truthfully its not that insane...in actual fact it gets pretty dull.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:40 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
I like your idea Gibboss, when I've got a bit more time i.e not wasting time at work, I'll look into it more :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 11:44 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Wait wha- I had an idea that didn't suck? Woop! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 19:50 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
[SpA]gibboss28 wrote:
Truthfully its not that insane...in actual fact it gets pretty dull.
actually, you're right. at first it was a bit 'holy shit', but the rockets are so weak that it takes all the tension out of it, and it's just a spamfest.

i'll take a look at those settings, but after trying to sort out the autobalancer i've proved to be a bit shit at that sort of thing :(

nl 
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 22:44 
Community slut (13473)
Made some extra changes;
Quote:
sm_dodgeball_basedamage 300
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets 4

nl 
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2011, 20:43 
Community slut (13473)
New settings:
Quote:
sm_dodgeball_spawninterval 1.5
sm_dodgeball_reflectinc 0.30
sm_dodgeball_basedamage 300
sm_dodgeball_maxrockets 2

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 00:53 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Hey just wondered what you guys are doing with the fun server, I was hoping it would switch between dodgeball, bomb fortress, prophunt, and I was going to suggest degrot keep. I don't think these game modes alone are playable for long sessions, except dodgeball for some :P I was under the impression we'd have a fun dynamic rotations thing going, switching between some fun gamemodes, chances are it's still be worked on, but yeah I'd like to know what the crack is.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 00:55 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Ooo yes, thanks for the reminder. Your feedback is duly noted :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 20:17 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
i've had a few requests for the 'VS saxton hale' mod, so i think it would be worth a look if we could get ahold of it :4

http://kotaku.com/#!5645732/i-like-this ... pper-sauce

edit: so to give a quick rundown, it's kinda like when the tank arrives in l4d. only the tank is super-super buff, and everyone else in the server is trying to kill him. sounds fun anyways.

plugin n' stuff is downloadable from here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=146884

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 21:40 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yes! Forgot about Saxton Hale mode, that'd be great. Y'know I don't think I've ever known a server that rotates through fun modes, if we could do that it would be awesome :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2011, 19:59 
Has no REAL life! (8841)
i've played it too, it is actually fun :) prophunt is cool too.

gb 
PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 19:00 
Likes to type... (229)
Back on dodgeball - I have recently been playing the dodgeball server (^^) and as fun as it is, i have these two things to say:

1) I think that the rockets should turn like 50% faster (this will make it harder to make it start the orbiting thing - and will help you know when its going towards you (as supposed to it travelling in one direction behind you turning slowly so you do... i'll stop there))

and 2) There is only one map atm with infinite time ect.. any reasons or did you just forget after maintenance(?)

I hope this was helpful :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 May 2011, 23:13 
is Wonder Woman (5950)
Yes, it was very helpful Thaw111 and thank you for your feedback. We shall look into it :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 11:59 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
chaitali wrote:
What are some real good dodgeball strategies? i am entering a tourney and i really want to win. there is a prize for the winners of this tournament.

:mrgreen: