Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:19

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 21:17 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So Starmade is a free to play singleplayer/multiplayer sandbox that's just come out of obscurity. I'm not sure how to sell this game to you lazy good-for-nothings, but I can tell you it's deffinetly worth having a mess around with, minecrafter or not it's really impressive stuff, I don't know what you're suppose to do, but there is a lot you can do. You can build a ship with shields, lasers, missles, salvage beams and fight off pirates, I haven't really got a chance to explore just how customizable the ships are, but it looks fairly extensive. Or you can build space stations, factories and shops, none of which I really understand but they look fun and time consuming, and if you're missing terrfirma, you can go find a planet or asteroid to build on or whatever.

This game is actually pretty easy to get into, a lot of stuff is self explanatory or mentioned in the tutorial, the rest is left for you experiment with. There's a few bugs, things will seemingly not work because you haven't linked the weapons to your computer or whatever, so bare with it, as there's still a lot of content being added and finished. Otherwise feel free to bug me for my incredibly limited knowledge of the game.

So go grab the launcher today from http://www.star-made.org/ and give it a go, alternatively you can be a lame shit and carry on browsing, that's cool too, I mean who even likes space sandboxes with lasers and space stations and shit right?
Screenshots:

us 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 22:51 
Geek (883)
So like a mix of ftb and tekkit, with a cool texture pack?

<Assassin3562> :P
*Assassin3562 thinks his life over

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 12:55 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
tscuzimbrown wrote:
So like a mix of ftb and tekkit, with a cool texture pack?
Deffinetly some similiarities to tekkit/ftb yeah, though I'm not too hot for the textures actually. I think the factory stuff becomes essential when your building the larger ships and stations, as the shops run out of stock real quick, especially online.

Also, come on guys. No point me posting up games if people aren't even checking them out when they're free!

us 
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 14:08 
Geek (883)
I definitely have interest in this game, soon this game will be in my possession. Lets hope I don't get too addicted. :ugly:

nl 
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2013, 12:29 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Can you actually fly the ships you make?

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2013, 14:12 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]9mmNL wrote:
Can you actually fly the ships you make?
Yep that's the idea! You start with a ship core, which you enter to pilot or build the ship, and once you've built the ship around it, you can put cockpit blocks on it so you can switch beetween perspectives (handy if it's a big ship), the general idea aswell I think is that you can make ships that you can walk around inside.

us 
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2013, 16:35 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Ohhhh, I'm upset I missed this post when you made it, I'll be trying it out today :5:

Edit: It's a very sad day, picked a fight with the wrong space gang, they destroyed my entire ship :(

us 
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2013, 22:50 
Geek (883)
Flying in what you created?! Hdfjsnsnrjdhsjej
NEED THIS GAME NOW!

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2013, 02:08 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Sorry I thought that was obvious :P

[SpA]bubbajim3 wrote:
Ohhhh, I'm upset I missed this post when you made it, I'll be trying it out today :5:

Edit: It's a very sad day, picked a fight with the wrong space gang, they destroyed my entire ship :(
They're pretty easy to kill because they're kinder dumb, but as soon they turn and start ripping into your hull you're in a wee spot of bother. If you're quick enough you can steal one without doing too much damage to them, they also drop insane loot that you can sell.

Also if you go on catalogue you can save your ship and then buy it back if you lose it. Not sure how, but you can also save singleplayer ships and buy them in multiplayer, and I don't think you can grief someone elses ship if they're piloting it, but you can shoot and blow them up.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2013, 04:23 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Wish I saved it before hand :P

Thanks for the tip :5:

au 
PostPosted: 14 May 2013, 11:25 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
This is a pretty epic game, Held and I played for a bit but it started to get a tad boring. I can see a huge potential for this game and hopefully it does become something awesome :D

nl 
PostPosted: 14 May 2013, 17:57 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Tried the tutorial and it was so bugged that I couldn't continue :|

gb 
PostPosted: 14 May 2013, 22:51 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]9mmNL wrote:
Tried the tutorial and it was so bugged that I couldn't continue :|
I think if fucked my tutorial the first time, had to redo it. If you don't do what it says, like doing other shit I think it gets pissy. You can also turn it off in the game launcher.

au 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 08:25 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Aint nobody got time for that...

I get greeted with the tutorial window every time I join the game. I just press close and next then continue with conquering the universe with heldplayer!

be 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 12:49 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
What I learned from our experiences: pirates can only be beaten by making them enter the orbit of a planet. Their AI doesn't know how to handle gravity :P

gb 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 22:37 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
What I learned from our experiences: pirates can only be beaten by making them enter the orbit of a planet. Their AI doesn't know how to handle gravity :P
Have they been improved? Because the AI when I played was easy to beat with a small ship. They're pretty tough though, if they just stopped, turned around, and actually focused on you they would shred you.

be 
PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 23:31 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
[SpA]heldplayer wrote:
Have they been improved? Because the AI when I played was easy to beat with a small ship. They're pretty tough though, if they just stopped, turned around, and actually focused on you they would shred you.
You come near one of the ships, they turn and you end up in a rain of fire