Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:06

All times are UTC+02:00

us 
 Post subject: SimCity
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 12:36 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Yes, I admittedly play SimCity :P

If anyone wants to join me, I'm on Europe East 3. The region name is "SpecialAttack.net" for easy finding. Basic 5 city region atm, anyone can join.

If you can't find the region, post here and I'll add you on origin and invite you.

nl 
 Post subject: Re: SimCity
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 18:43 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
If it's price gets below 30 eurodollahz you can count on me buying it and join the fun :D

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 19:13 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
No. Fuck that broken pile of shit. Fuck Maxis for releasing it. Fuck EA for their usual douchebaggery.

And a big gigantic fuck me for buying the cunting thing and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Ergh.

us 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 20:50 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
BUT GIBBOSS....

I think I'm one of the view who actually do enjoy it. I happen to get it after that whole server drama so it really didn't hinder my perception of it. Also, it may also be that I can't remember what the last SimCity was even like, so may just be a novelty.

Also, 9mm, check ebay/amazon. Got mine week or so after release on ebay for 25% off :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 20:59 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
The server problems were utterly stupid and EA/Maxis should be embarrassed by that fuck up, but that's not what has pissed me off about it. It has a lot of problems, and as far as I'm concerned it feels utterly broken.

Glad your enjoying it, I wish I could because as soon as I realized what the fuck, it just killed off any enjoyment for me.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2013, 02:10 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Really irritates me because they wont realise they fucked up the launch and lied about sims having their own lives, or any of other silly goof ups, they'll blame the franchise/game itself. I can't see another SimCity coming out for a while :(

is 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 21:20 
Pretty useless (83)
I wanted to try and play it with some ppl but wanted to wait until it was alot more stable keeps freezing on me after a while so i might be up for trying it again if your still playing :p

Oh and Names Ashardalon on origin because its lame and did not let me change the name :p

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 23:51 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
So this game is *finally* getting an offline mode.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/15/simci ... ays-maxis/

I don't think I want to give any money to Maxis/EA after the catastrophic fuckup that was this game, but if they give it offline compatibility then people will eventually get round to modding the everloving shit out of it. Given that the whole "It's actually a real simulation guys!" thing turned out to be a load of bullshit I don't think we'll even get the game that we wanted it to be, but it might end up being something half decent. Probably not worth paying full price for but maybe it'll be worth another look if you've already been robbed bought it.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 00:20 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Part of me does want this game, but after seeing how horrible it handles cars and citzens it really put me off, and I can't see a mod delivering what everyone thought the game was going to be. Plus I remember reading how strict and stupid their modding terms are, not that anyone will take notice. I also read a disclaimer somewhere that they automatically own the mod so you couldn't go on and make it a standalone or something, can't find the sources now though.

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 16:51 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
I am quite sure the offline mode won't make the game any more attractive than it is now.
Size of the cities are way too small, and could make this conclusion already after my first hour of playing the game.. (yes, I bought the game :oops: )

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2014, 17:03 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
[SpA]9mmNL wrote:
I am quite sure the offline mode won't make the game any more attractive than it is now.
Size of the cities are way too small, and could make this conclusion already after my first hour of playing the game.. (yes, I bought the game :oops: )
The size is a big issue indeed, besides that there are some odd things like some trade depots simply will not export stuff because there's a traffic jam from amsterdam to fucking tokyo..
Other than that I quite enjoyed the game tbh..