PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 16:20 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Server updates
- Added a few more ttt maps
--- ttt_thething_b4fix
--- ttt_cloverfield_b4
--- ttt_underside_a1
--- ttt_utility
- Added a few maps that is on the workshop collection to the fastdl.
- Removed the maps that got added to fastdl from the workshop collection.
- Removed the now unused addons from the server.
- Removed ttt_theship_v1

Todo:
- Decide if the gamemodes should stay on the workshop or go on the fastdl.
Pros: Faster downloads/loading, easier to customize settings.
Cons: Have to download ALL the gamemodes content first time connecting to the server.

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Garry's mod
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 18:31 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Sounds good, but I think you still need to update the map rotation :P

se 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2014, 19:26 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Server update
- Updated mapcycle

ro 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 14:59 
Has learned to write! (185)
Good evening ladies, gentlemen and Dolf whom is a finlandmen and thus cannot be acquainted with the low lifers -hoomans-.

I am making this post firstly to announce that I've started uploading some gameplay from SpA on my YouTube channel, the two 40+ minutes videos are already up and really excited to be pierced by your views, likes and comments. So we can make the Gmod thing run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecWsYScl-I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EXLlAaKrA

Secondly I want to take the piss at the !motd, meaning the rules. I've been thinking about adopting SOME of the rules from a very old TTT community and tinker with them a bit, we will however progress in their severity after we get a nice income of players. Rules for all the mods.

Why would we want that? Quite simple. For say you are the Traitor and I just randomly pop you in the head, of course you will possibly take the piss, especially if it was a good round. Or let's say you're the Murderer and I just randomly shoot you or some other dude, either winning the round in an rather unfair manner or simply making the round worthless by taking all the challenge out of it.

Most importantly we will possibly want to expand in the Gmod department after a period of time unless we can introduce people to the forums and community by: good administrations, servers, communication and most importantly fun and relaxation.

So here are some suggestions:
Do not rdm. random-death-match. As in do not randomly kill people for no reason, goes for TTT, Murderer and I think some other mods.
Some of the SpA behavior rules. (no racism, possibly no cussing unless joking or not referring to somebody in particular)
No griefing/trolling.
No metagaming or ghosting. (being on a call with somebody and saying X is a Traitor, basically giving yourself unfair advantages in-game)

Here are rules for TTT:
Contents:
I. Rules
II. Suspicious Actions
III. General Traitorous Actions
IV. Map Specific Traitorous Actions
V. RDM
VI. Camping as traitor
VII. Glitches
VIII. Non-Glitches
IX. Binding Radio Commands
The small notes are sometimes referred as you, the server owner, whom makes the rules and has the last say.
And yes, I am not expecting them all to suddenly go in and be respected unless we really expand on the servers, but some of them can be borrowed. It's from a very old and big community which I personally love. Though nothing beats SpA.
And of course, you can mess around with your friends so on and so forward. Usually only reported rdm should be dealt with, use your common sense as I'm sure it wont be lacking.

Murder:
Just a suggestion. I can also help with plugins, etc. .
If you like a plugin you see trough out my videos, feel free to say so. I currently have a few suggestions regarding the weapons.
The silent sniper is OP. Maybe 5 shots per clip instead of 10? I want the awp either fully removed or changed to not a 1-hit-kill. Or make it a reskin for the rifle so Traitors/Detectives will always have a rifle.
The Detective has no rifle/sniper/silent sniper/awp nada. You don't expect him to get a good weapon on every big map now do you? Especially with the credit crap he can barely get anything useful with his 1 credit, and then what? Possibly boost the starting credits on the Detective directly proportional to the number of Traitors. Just sayin'. That's about it guys.

de 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 15:51 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Please go away.

I read your post until the rules started and I saw 10 rules behind the first soiler section.
This is exactly why we didnt play on other servers but started hosting our own when we started the daily-ish gmod group, because every server has a page full of rules that destroy most of the fun of the game.

Not only is it hard to differentiate between RDM and good observation, I'm sure many agree that the most memorable and fun memories are from moments that are not quite within the rules.

ro 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 18:32 
Dekar wrote:
Please go away.

I read your post until the rules started and I saw 10 rules behind the first soiler section.
This is exactly why we didnt play on other servers but started hosting our own when we started the daily-ish gmod group, because every server has a page full of rules that destroy most of the fun of the game.

Not only is it hard to differentiate between RDM and good observation, I'm sure many agree that the most memorable and fun memories are from moments that are not quite within the rules.
"Just a suggestion." might've skipped your eyes.
Rules are only a preset on how the game should develop in order to be fair for all sides, if you bothered reading them all you'd notice it's basically a how-to or a TTT 101. Some way to define the game to a new player in order for it to be enjoyable on all sides.

Fear not as as previously said they only serve as a suggestion and I don't expect them to be implemented in a rule-set but more in a how-to-ttt post, possibly in the future. My goal here is to make the game approachable by new players whilst not stealing the fun in it.

As I believe you could tell, the administrative team doesn't have its head up its arse around here. Casual gaming and fun is what SPA always represented for me. Of course nobody would bother slaying, kicking, banning if you are joking around. In my videos you could see that at times I do get killed or I do kill people jokingly and nobody minds. The idea behind it is that I know those people, they know me and we're both into the joking-fun and screwing around.

se 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 19:46 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Rules
zXPoison wrote:
-text about rules-
To start off with, the rules list in its current form is something that was quickly written with some basic html/css, (not too proud of the css/html)and I totally agree the rules need to be revisited, but as Dekar said, having to many rules is not the way to go. In short my opinion would be: keep it simple and short.

For reference, here is the current motd(last updated 24/1): http://213.103.203.169:1337/gmod/motd/

The server, as it is being used now, is mostly for the game-nights that usually happens a few times per week. There is next to no moderation outside of those times. And all of those rules, while most of them are good to have, they are simply too many. A enforcing all of them would require a lot of moderation.

Possible ways forward

1. Password protect the server and post the password in the group and forums. It was quite common for the server to be password protected when it was hosted off my laptop.
pros: No rules needed, there will only be people that at least someone knows on the server.
cons: No new random players, server will be empty most of the time.

2. Keep it as it is. Let the server be open most of the time(Sandbox usually needs password to protect for people spawning huge stuff and crashing the server, still happens, looking at you, yes you! :evil: )
pros: -
cons: -

3. Add a lot of new rules and such. This will require having a lot more active staff to keep the rules. Which means getting a lot of non-SpA players to be the admins of the server. Also as there is currently ~10 gamemodes on the server, it would mean a very very very long rules list.
pros: A active server
cons: Lots of stuff to fix. Lots of moderation needed.

My opinion: I'm leaning towards option 1. Firstly, I do not have to much time as I am studying full time. And secondly it would mean that there is no moderation needed.

Thoughts?

Other discussion
zXPoison wrote:
The silent sniper is OP. Maybe 5 shots per clip instead of 10? I want the awp either fully removed or changed to not a 1-hit-kill. Or make it a reskin for the rifle so Traitors/Detectives will always have a rifle.
Silent sniper: Might need a nerf. Maybe make it not able to pickup more ammo? Only 10 shots? More thoughts?
AWP: Have been discusses a bit in chat, and deemed a bit useless without it being able to 1 hit kill. I would not say it needs to be nerfed. If more people agree, then I will nerf it.
zXPoison wrote:
The Detective has no rifle/sniper/silent sniper/awp nada. You don't expect him to get a good weapon on every big map now do you? Especially with the credit crap he can barely get anything useful with his 1 credit, and then what? Possibly boost the starting credits on the Detective directly proportional to the number of Traitors.
First of all, the settings as they are on the server are the default settings with the exception that the minimum amount of people required to have 1 detective is 8.
I would say that having the default 1 credit to start of with, really makes the detective to have to make a choice in what extra equipment he can buy. Need more opinions.
zXPoison wrote:
If you like a plugin you see trough out my videos, feel free to say so. I currently have a few suggestions regarding the weapons.
I would love more plugin suggestions, good plugins/ttt-weapons/more are hard to find. And a lot of them you need to pay for

More thoughts/ideas of mine
* Car building/race competition in sandbox, with teams.
* Destructible car building, aka something in the ways of robot wars.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 20:30 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I think for a legit TTT server 2Fat this would be the way to go about it. Like Green said though we play pretty casually between us so rules aren't really needed. Same can be said with silenced sniper and awp, no one really tries superhard with them, so they never seem overpowered. Especially with most people buying turtles and C4 because they're just funny.

AWP I think is fine as, if people start using it really well, then maybe a nerf is needed then, right now though it's still somewhat neglected.

nl 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 21:53 
Community slut (13473)
You could change rules to non-enforced guidelines, something like "this is how you make the game most fun to play"

se 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2014, 22:03 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
[SpA]SaintK wrote:
You could change rules to non-enforced guidelines, something like "this is how you make the game most fun to play"
Would probably look something like this in that case:
http://213.103.203.169:1337/gmod/motd/motdv2

ro 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2014, 10:53 
Speaking of gmod, I found this video hidden trough my crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lkE0gm ... W17sdjSMFO
If you're missing textures, this is how to fix it.

A small note, on my videos you can see a silent sniper named VSS or Vintorez (Vintar in-game) which has only 5 shots. Also, spawning a silent sniper shouldn't give you 10 extra ammo because you'll end up with 40 sniper bullets from that.
Having the awp not be a 1 shot kill doesn't make it useless, you can make it a 80 damage body shot and thus a sniper shot and a pistol shot to the chest will kill most foes, usually I found the awp used as a replacement for the regular rifle, so terrorists always had a rifle.

Regarding the plugins if you guys spot anything you like or might consider trough gmod videos I might be able to help. Furthermore I know 3 server owners and quite a few admins with experience that can help me get most of the good plugins that exist around. (like the biohazard ball and such)
I will look on to adding some possible plugin suggestions soon.

se 
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 15:49 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Last night after a lot of TTT we started playing sandbox. Rules kind of became, spawn a jeep and modify it for some time and then race! Might happen some more, might even happen in a more planned event, maybe robot wars, maybe something completely different.
Here is some screenshots from the awesome fun:
Pictures by green
Start of the race.

Going through the loop.

Green's awesome car.

The loop getting slightly modified.

Pictures by dekar:
We can fly!

Awesome pic of the loop.

Pic from inside the loop. Dekar in the back, DonDonDon in the front.

fi 
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 16:47 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Aww shit, why did I have to leave? :<
-Not that I can pimp my rides anyway :ugly:

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2014, 00:49 
Has no REAL life! (3714)

:ugly:

at 
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2014, 13:15 
Geek (749)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:

:ugly:
:ugly: :ugly: :ugly: :ugly: :ugly: :ugly: :ugly: :ugly: :ugly:

at 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 23:39 
Geek (749)
Held being a teamplayer. :ugly: :ugly: :ugly:

no 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 00:54 
Geek (883)
Lol, guys tell me when you are playing! I want to join the awesomeness too!

"What you believe to be true is false
What you thought right, wrong"
-Dimmu Borgir

at 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 08:57 
Geek (749)
[SpA]Haladir wrote:
Lol, guys tell me when you are playing! I want to join the awesomeness too!
If you're apart of the Gmod steam group you should be getting a message when we start playing.

We just play at random times from like 8 to like 10-11 at night.

be 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 11:55 
Has no REAL life! (1086)
ihasfire wrote:
Held being a teamplayer. :ugly: :ugly: :ugly:

How to die:

fi 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 12:59 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Surprise butt secks.
SLURPrise?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

at 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2014, 14:21 
Geek (749)
http://youtu.be/BKPoHgKcqag

We had this in the background :mrgreen: .

us 
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014, 16:34 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
So, Garry's Mod updated :ugly: I can't connect to the server now :?

nl 
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2014, 13:34 
Community slut (13473)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
So, Garry's Mod updated :ugly: I can't connect to the server now :?
We've updated the server. Please give it another try.

fi 
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2014, 23:19 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
For increased annoyance, sans humour and a tag everybody hates.

at 
PostPosted: 03 May 2014, 17:11 
Geek (749)
Some GMod tonight, with maybe l4d2 afterwards?

us 
PostPosted: 09 May 2014, 23:15 
Geek (733)
Anyone up for some GMod tomorrow?

us 
PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 02:16 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
I'm down for GMod today :D

at 
PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 10:35 
Geek (749)
awesomefriends56 wrote:
I'm down for GMod today :D
we had some fun last night, we'll see if we can get another round tonight.

se 
PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 20:16 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Been a bit lazy with posting what's changed on the server the past month+. Althought it has been mainly small changes.

The server has not changed much, but here is some new stuff that I will try to list. What mainly has happened recently was the addition of the endround music plugin, including the !playurl command which takes a link to a download of a mp3 file and plays it for everyone. The volume was too loud, so it went on the todo list to fix. Thanks to Dekar it is now working correctly, and you can now change the volume of the sound being played. He also coded a modified much stronger discombulator for traitors that will be added soon(tm) to the server.

Update stuff
- A few new maps
- A new gamemode melonbomber
- Added new sound plugin to the server.
-- After testing, removed access to everything but the endround sound for anyone not admin. (Please use responsible!)
- Updated the sound plugin with help from dekar.
-- !playvolume now sets the volume of the sound playing
-- !playurl now accepts optional second argument, the volume of the sound to play.
-- Using !playurl without the volume defaults to 50%.
- Added new traitor weapon made by dekar
- And most likely a few more stuff.

Last edited by [SpA]Mr.green on 14 May 2014, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.