Hopfully gonna pick it up some time between now and christmas :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 15:39 
Community slut (13473)
anything known about the server side?

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 15:46 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Noo nothing I could tell you, hopfully there'll be some info without having to buy the game.

au 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 22:23 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
Huzzah! Saw this yesterday. I'm currently in the process of adding an extra $10 to my steam so that I can buy it :4

From what I have read the server files will be available on release (of the full game I assume). So for now it will just be servers setup by Bohemia for players to play on.

au 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2013, 23:57 
Has no REAL life! (1349)
So after loading the game up and looking. It seems you can also Pay for hosting.

Spawned in good ol' Kamenka... Which is interesting, because you can now enter a whole bunch of buildings.

I found out how to equip my torch.. but I can't seem to point it forwards, it only points off to the side... Perhaps there is some way to raise your arms that I am missing

The UI is rather interesting... There are no more Icons to display your vital signs, only brief chat messages like "I feel thirsty" and "I can feel blood dripping" Hopefully there will be some form of UI introduced that will help display all that

EDIT: Managed to find some bad-ass glasses in a church... Not sure if they are anything but aesthetic at the moment as its the middle of the night

Gotta say, this game is much more satisfying that Dayz. The graphics and sounds really draw you in and make it such a surreal experience.

Super cool beanie and shades!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =204940676

Just found myself a Payday2 mask!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =204941726

de 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2013, 19:29 
Likes to type... (240)
Hey guys,

the Golden Gibus Club :ugly: (a part of it) is playing DayZ aswell.
We had some nice plays and game looks good so far.
But yeah.. many bugs, many many things not available in this early alpha..
but hopefully will be a good game in the next few weeks/months/years :shock: :mrgreen:

some helpful stuff can be found here (consumables, equipment, blood and its regeneration)
http://dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone_Wiki

here some good finds from yesterday eve 8)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =206713402

maybe we´ll meet us ingame sometimes :5:
cya

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2013, 23:41 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Been playing a bit, very basic build at the moment, but the inventory and item system is really nice. You can only find 4 guns at moment and there's little or no crafting enabled. I look forward to when they add the new zombie ai, still using the what they had in the mod I think.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 01:39 
Pretty useless (83)
I never played the original mod so I cannot comment on that, but I just recently purchased this and it seems a lot of fun. I had read a few reviews and heard good things, so thought I'd give it a go.

Not played much of it, but what can be expected of a game in alpha stage is there. Overall it is a fun game. I was bored of it at first as all I seemed to do was run for miles. I found some equipment and it started getting addictive.

All in all, good fun. Very basic at the moment, limited items and weapons. Looks nice, albeit some major performance issues forcing people to lower all their graphical settings. Can't wait for it all to be ironed out.

Worth the cash.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 01:52 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Best thing to do is make sure you have the online map of chernaurus handy and keep away from the coast. Coast is usually quite dangerous and all the good loot has been stripped away already.

Been meaning to play again since they've added some more guns and stuff.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 10:32 
Pretty useless (83)
I will keep that in mind. I've been looking for a map in-game but no such luck so far. I haven't come across any garages, stores, abandoned cars or anything like that yet.

The spawning of loot seems to be nil compared to the original mod from what I can gather. It only respawn a upon a server reset. Not sure if this resets your character as well. Hopefully not!

Last edited by Quantum Grape on 10 Feb 2014, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2014, 10:48 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I usually keep this in the steam broswer while I'm playing http://dayzdb.com/map#2.093.105 Chernaurus is tricky to navigate even with a map!

Yeah loot wont respawn until the servers been reset, I'm putting off playing again until they fix that. Shouldn't affect your character when it does though. Further North you get, the more likely it you'll find loot, but you're also more likely to run into geared up players.