Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:50

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: Gigantic
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2014, 18:11 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
This game looks like it's going to be pretty cool, can only sign up for the alpha at the moment though.

http://www.gogigantic.com/

us 
 Post subject: Re: Gigantic
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2014, 18:47 
Geek (733)
Signed up for it. Hopefully it's good. :4

us 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2014, 22:58 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Very cool, just signed up!

de 
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2014, 08:19 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
The actual gameplay seems far less impressive. :ugly:

All you do is capture points and summon defenders while capturing it. Kill enemy players to capture their points too.
Captured points fill a bar that makes the enemy giant vulnerable, and you have to go there and beat the defensless giant up to afflict a wound. Giants sit in their base doing nothing for 15 minutes or until 2 wounds have been afflicted.
Then there is the giant clash, where the arena gets smaller and all points are removed. I think all summoned defenders go attack the enemy giant, and somehow the bars until the enemy giant gets vulnerable fill in this mode and then you kill the defenseless giant for good.

Its nothing like actually fighting side by side with your giant, just another third person pvp title.

us 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2014, 16:23 
Just got an email from them today asking to verify my email and give them the info on my PC form DxDiag. Very interesting that they're asking people for that, it tells me they're hand picking the people in the alpha based on their specs.

us 
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2015, 23:01 
It's been a while since we were talking about this game, and upon checking my email today I had gotten something from these guys to be in the "testing community". I'm downloading the game now and will give my initial thoughts as I play it.

EDIT: I won't be able to say much about the game, it's under a NDA.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015, 02:08 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Will be interesting to hear if it's been worth the wait.

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2015, 14:40 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Got my email aswell, probably will play when the testing starts later on.

us 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 15:12 
For anyone who didn't get an email and still wishes to play the game now. I have four beta keys. Get them now while you still can. Either message me or reply to this topic with the key you used so I can mark them off.

Edit: Just PM me on the forums if you want one, will note when all four are given away.

Last edited by [SpA]AwesomeFriends on 12 Sep 2015, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 15:24 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I'd edit the keys out of your post and just ask people to PM/steam message you, random people might be googling for beta keys. I dunno how high demand for beta keys is so it might not be a problem, just a thought :5:

I won't be able to even play it for a few months so I'll let other people have these :4

gb 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 22:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I got some playtime on Gigantic and it's quite fun. Definetly more to it than I'd heard. Problem is however they've kicked me out! Key or no key, you can't play unless you have Windows 10 or an Xbox One.

Really strange move on their part, maybe it's for cross platform reasons? Who knows, but it can only damage the game's popularity.

us 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 17:22 
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
I got some playtime on Gigantic and it's quite fun. Definetly more to it than I'd heard. Problem is however they've kicked me out! Key or no key, you can't play unless you have Windows 10 or an Xbox One.

Really strange move on their part, maybe it's for cross platform reasons? Who knows, but it can only damage the game's popularity.
That's really odd. I haven't been able to get past any of the menus, any time I would find a game I would get booted back to the main menu before the match started. Very buggy but I guess that's why it's in beta.

gb 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 17:50 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I managed to have about 13 matches I think? Over 4 test nights? Including one testing night where I spent 40 mins just trying to get into a game and gave up.

It's annoying though because despite the dodgy matchmaking servers, the game functioned fine as far as I could tell, it looked finished. Suddenly we need windows 10 to play :roll: