Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:17

All times are UTC+01:00

us 
 Post subject: Civilization 5 Anyone?
PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 03:13 
Geek (733)
I can see a lot of you on my friends list on steam have Civ 5. I've been wanting to play with some people for a while, and figured I should post to see if any of you want to play some weekend as a group match. Civ takes a pretty long time to complete, but I think we could have a winner in a weekend. There are options to limit turn lengths and turns are simultaneous, unless in battle with another player, so that would speed it up a bit. I haven't played all too much, and it's been a while since I've played, but there should be a decent amount of slots for players. So who all would be interested in some weekend (soonish?) instead of playing GMod/FoF/Guns of Icarus/TF2 for a Saturday and Sunday, playing a game of Civilization 5?

Players so far:
stesser
Arbogeddon
Mr. Green
Patogy
redbanana
Myself

Last edited by [SpA]CoDxFeedz on 30 May 2014, 03:23, edited 2 times in total.

us 
PostPosted: 27 May 2014, 21:31 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Played it before, the game's just not my cup of tea. Although it does seem fun for those who like strategy games. :18

se 
PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 17:15 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
Totally up for it. Used to play a few games with dekar, tomosa/mac and more. Although the games usually(never) came to an end as we only played for one "night".

nl 
PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 19:32 
Has no REAL life! (1240)
I've been playing it a lot recently and I quite like it :ugly: I'm gone from Thursday till Sunday though so I won't be able to play this weekend, other weekends will be fine I guess. :5:

us 
PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 03:12 
Kinda hopeless, but improving (134)
Well I got Civ 5. I could join in. I pretty much play strategy games for a living.

<redbanana22> Ok

<_blueflame_> Im going to ride you like a pony

gb 
PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 18:38 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I don't think I'm doing much on the Saturday / Sunday so I'd be up for it...but will it be with or without the Brave New World & Gods and Kings dlc?

us 
PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 21:18 
Geek (733)
I have the DLC, so it just depends on who is playing and what they have.

gb 
PostPosted: 31 May 2014, 13:22 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Well right now my Internet is currently down, Virgin done fucked it up. So hopefully it'll be up by tonight but with them I have no clue. So yeah, if I'm not on have fun :D

*edit*

Well its back up right now but it seems to be being a bit flakey, if it decides to stay stable, i'll be up for Civ.

us 
PostPosted: 31 May 2014, 16:09 
Geek (733)
I'm not going to be able to be home until later in the day. If anyone is about and wants to play when I get back, I'd be up for that. I know Arbo, Pat, and redbanana already told me they couldn't this weekend. Then gibboss's internet is being sketchy. I'm hoping I'll be free all next weekend, so hopefully all of us will be able to make.

Scratch all that. I'm home for the day unless I have to go umpire baseball. :4 All the other stuff about half of the people not being able to make it is still a viable excuse to do it next weekend though.

us 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 23:22 
Pretty useless (84)
If this kind of thing is still up, I'm in.
I have everything up to and including BNW and a bunch of civs and stuff from the gold edition...

us 
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 23:59 
Geek (733)
Yeah, I'd still like to do this, but I'm not available this weekend. The weekend after that I may be able to play depending on UHC scheduling.

se 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 17:59 
Has no REAL life! (1168)
So civ 5 next weekend, whose up for it?

I'm thinking somewhere between 11-13/7. Probably starting about 1900CET.
Who can play which of the dates and when?

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2014, 18:32 
Geek (733)
I'm not going to be home next weekend, so still a no from me, sadly. :(