Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:06

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: Warframe Beta
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 14:53 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Junco here presenting you with another brilliant free to play game none of you will even try and it's called Warframe

So in Warframe you play as the Tenno, an advanced race that makes use of combat suits known as Warframes. You can solo it, but the general idea is that you buddy up with friends or randoms and ruin the bad guy's day by breaking into their base, wasting all their grunts and nicking their loot. At first the game feels kind of basic and bare, but as you progress new mission types, enemies and bosses open up as you travel from system to system. The gameplay itself is quite fun, a lot of shooting and slashing at first, but it gets more interesting as you get the hang of ablities and wall running etc.

There seems to be a lot of depth in terms of the abilities you can craft and combine for your warframe and weapons, be warned, being free to play it's no picnic getting everything you want, and there is an annoying crafting timer. So for those who like tinkering and optimising their arsenal, you should be most satisifed with the personalisation.

It is in Beta so they're still adding important features and cleaning up bugs. It's a actually a quick download available on steam, seems to run surprisingly well on low performance machines, no reason not to try it!

nl 
 Post subject: Re: Warframe Beta
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 15:17 
Nerdish, tbh. (515)
Hope the game wont suffer the pay2win situation when it is final.. going to give it a shot though looks awesome!

us 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 16:43 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Downloaded and installing as I type this.

Message me on steam when you want to play :4

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 18:16 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
I'm just called Junco if you want to add me to your contacts :18
[SpA]9mmNL wrote:
Hope the game wont suffer the pay2win situation when it is final.. going to give it a shot though looks awesome!
Shouldn't reallly be pay to win, afaik everything you can pay for (except cosmetic stuff like colours) you can grind and earn for free, so paying players shouldn't have an advantage. However instead of just buying a new warframe you will have buy the blueprints for it, and then get all the parts and stuff together, which all takes a silly amount of time to craft. I mean I suppose it's more fun doing it that way, my only complaint is that they really dangle paying money as quicker way to acquire things (that aren't xp locked), infront of your face.

gb 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 23:20 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
My first experience with it was just a lot of lag... :( I'll give it another go though.

gb 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 12:26 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Try a solo game see if that helps, because for god knows what reason they pick a host player. I would also try messing with resolution, for some reason my housemate's pc prefers to run it high settings but on a small res.

fi 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 18:30 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
Psst! Not beta anymore. Scratch that, apparently it's still beta - there's just no indication of it anywhere.
I suppose no-one plays this?

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

Last edited by [SpA]Dolf on 29 Aug 2014, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 19:31 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yeah I got little turned off by the how the game was panning out as I levelled up. It's a great looking game to begin with, but it turns out that most of the assets were based on an unsucessful game before it and they didn't really follow up quite as well visually with some of characters and items. Also as cool as the abilities are, the whole game just becomes a clusterfuck of guild-war-esque particle effects. I would still recommend people try it though, it is an F2P title so be wary. I would reinstall maybe if I was pushed into it, but ehh.

fi 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 20:05 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Yeah I got little turned off by the how the game was panning out as I levelled up. It's a great looking game to begin with, but it turns out that most of the assets were based on an unsucessful game before it and they didn't really follow up quite as well visually with some of characters and items. Also as cool as the abilities are, the whole game just becomes a clusterfuck of guild-war-esque particle effects. I would still recommend people try it though, it is an F2P title so be wary. I would reinstall maybe if I was pushed into it, but ehh.
Hehe, yeah, it requires a shit tonne of grinding, and most missions (especially later on) are impossible to solo. But really, for a F2P co-op game it's not bad at all, and I myself enjoy it infinitely more than games like TF2. Now that I've gotten the hang of it for the most part (60 hours in, haha), it's starting to make sense. Yay.

What update did you play last? It's currently 14.5, and judging by videos of the older versions on YouTube, it's quite different.

“If I myself had to portray the term 'people' by drawing it, I'd draw a mere gaping mouth, a clamouring mouth.” ― Pentti Linkola.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2014, 00:02 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yes, the grind is strong. A long time ago, the year it came out actually. I think the problem with getting four people together though is that the players levels will differ drastically, unless someone's levelling up a new warframe or something.

fi 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2014, 01:08 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
Yes, the grind is strong. A long time ago, the year it came out actually. I think the problem with getting four people together though is that the players levels will differ drastically, unless someone's levelling up a new warframe or something.
I was doing a boss run with two random high-level people, and I was quickly left behind when they just rushed through the enemies and left me standing there with my pitiful shield and pea shooter. When I caught up to them, they had just killed the boss and we headed to the extraction point. I don't think I've seen more than a few new players, most people are levels 6 and above with potatoed Prime warframes and weapons. I'm still playing on my newbie-frame and cheap weapons. One of these days I'll get the three control modules I need for a Sentinel and the Rhino warframe...

Maybe.

And levels don't really mean anything, other than the amount someone has been grinding the shit out of everything (which in turn of course correlates to extremely well-modded weapons and frames, but, yeah...).
For example, one or both of these guys are "higher" than me, but I still owned the battlefield:

Effective long-range CC is my friend.