Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:32

All times are UTC+01:00

be 
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2014, 10:15 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
Hey everybody! Long time no see. Been kinda busy with a tough year at college, but the workload is a little lighter this year, so more time for games, yay!

I've been hankering for some WoW, but the current state of the game is completely unappealing to me. So after doing some minimal digging around, I came across a good vanilla WoW private server and have been having tons of fun since. The people there are super social and helpful, and you really get a sense that you're playing with actual people. On live WoW, even in LFG instances no one actually communicates and if they do it's usually to scold or complain.

But because vanilla can be so unforgiving, everybody is motivated to reach out to others for help. Even though it's fun to play with random WoWers, why don't we get the SpA community involved?

Vanilla is fun, but can seem a little unfair at times and only certain specs and classes are even remotely viable for end-game content. (it was a true wild wasteland of an MMO back then, balance was not a priority)
So maybe more people would like to play on the more balanced TBC servers? Let me know if any of you would be into this so we can engage in some glorious co-operation! :4

Downloads and instructions here:
Vanilla (I'm on Emerald Dream, the 1x exp rate and Blizzlike server)
The Burning Crusade (Haven't played here yet, but might be a good second option to vanilla)

Edit: oh, btw, in case it wasn't clear already: These servers are totally free to play on

us 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2014, 01:20 
Geek (733)
I'll end up downloading this soon, but I have no clue what WoW is even about. I'll have to learn the ropes before you expect me to do anything besides die. :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2014, 14:30 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
eh i'll give it a go, might be fun to play a bit of TBC ready for the new expansion I spose.

be 
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2014, 17:32 
Has no REAL life! (1254)
I don't really like the double xp rates on the TBC server though, but couldn't find a decent one that was completely Blizzlike. But TBC would probably be better than vanilla as far as balance and playability is concerned.

gb 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 11:48 
Has no REAL life! (1690)
I'm ok with that xprate, the leveling in that game was pretty dire before they revamped it

au 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2014, 23:27 
Has no REAL life! (1481)
fuuuck i miss vanilla

see you all in VC and WC for hours at a time i guess lol