Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:14

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: Reflex
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 22:14 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
It's like Quake 3 modern-ified.

Take a look at the official trailer on steam. The game's on sale for £7.

It's not often that I buy into early-access/alpha stuff but this looks like it's gonna be the bomb. In terms of gameplay the only concern people have is that the railgun has a bit of delay on it due to some netcode issues: everything else is getting high praise, which for this VERY early stage of development is awesome. The dev team really care about their game and take on community feedback all the time, so I'm happy to support them.

I won't be able to play until next weekend but give me a shout if you want a game. The Quake based FPSs are my favourite kind so I'd love to get you lot into it too :4

gb 
 Post subject: Re: Reflex
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 23:10 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Going to reserve judgement on this one, especially as it's early access. Though I'm not really sure what this game is for? It's just quake, which is fine, but as far as graphics and sound go at this point in development I actually prefer what's aleady been done with Quake live which is free. I'm guessing there's some cool stuff they will be able to support with a new engine, but I really do hope those sounds are placeholders.

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 00:14 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
I love QL but I don't like the subscription model. Since they moved it to steam if you want to just play a duel with a friend without joining quickplay duel servers and hoping to find an empty one (I've tried this before and it's honestly took 15+ minutes of attempts before we just gave up) then you have to pay monthly. Even then it's on a completely random map. Similar deal with stuff like private servers. Reflex is just a one-time payment for access to everything. Plus it's got a lot of good stuff like the map maker, spectator tools, in-game replay editor etc. that gives it more scope for community-driven stuff than QL does. Basically the devs are ticking all of the important boxes and it's tickling my ballsack :ugly:

They've said that basically everything aesthetic is subject to change so that'll include the sounds.

Also the original Quake 3 announcer says he wants to do the voices for the game :4

gb 
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 01:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Sounds a lot better when you put it like that. I have a feeling all the sounds and art decisions they have made so far though will mostly stick. Remodelling a weapon that's already been done or re-recording sounds they already have won't really be priority before the release. So they likely won't get around to changing finished content, I think a lot of early access games say they will do that, but end up either using or burrowing heavy from existing work.

I hope I'm wrong though, either way if it continues to catch on I will have to play some.

de 
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 09:34 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
These games are too hard for a casual like me!

Excellent!

gb 
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2015, 03:08 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Bought this. Not too expensive at 25% off.