Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:21

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
 Post subject: Dirty Bomb (Open Beta)
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015, 19:59 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So Dirty Bomb is a free to play shooter in beta which pretty brutal until you get to grips with it. I've heard it's a lot like Enemy Territory, but if not I would go to say that the guns are a little like counterstrike, while the pace and movement are more like TF2. The map design is actually really good aswell. There is a comp mode, and also a bomb defuse mode which is basically counterstrike. It is shaping so far to be a really good game.

Old OP:

us 
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015, 22:50 
Has no REAL life! (1700)
Plus its a nexon game, so it has to be halfway decent, right? :5: :5:

us 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 02:58 
Does Minecraft or something... (1323)
Looks like Call of Duty maps, Borderlands 2 charachters, and Counter Strike gameplay. :ugly:

de 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 06:56 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
Last time I played it the gunplay really felt horrible to me. Then they added pay2win.
Got my Steam key a few days ago but im reluctant to give it another try.

gb 
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 12:02 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
As far as I know there is nothing you can purchase in game right now. It was previously being developed as Extraction so maybe they've changed things up?

There does seem to be crate like system however in place for the characters/loadouts. The chracters have different rarities and value, sort of like skins a CSGO case. Hard to say if this system will be a load of bullshit or not. If it has a drop system and they don't make the rarer cards straight up better than others then it should be alright. Although at the moment every player gets 100 keys and therefore can unbox everything anyway, hoping to play before they stop doing that.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 14:46 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So I've clocked almost 25 hours in this and I'm feeling a lot better about this game. The video below is a pretty good sum up of it's state a couple of weeks ago, and I would deffinetly agree the game will grow on you. It's chaotic at times, probably too quick and there's all sorts of shit coming at or down on you. After a while though you spot these things, and you can make some very speedy moves on the fly, dodging airstrikes and nades by switching to your knife for speed, sprint jumping off a wall or whatever.

Since this video they've added two more classes and they have tweaked Aura's med thing. Most importantly for me, they've given it a setup time before it will start healing.

So how is the business model? Mixed feelings. You start with two mercs (aura and skyhammer), and then they also cycle in two mercs you can test for free, so that's four. They're still tweaking the xp earning, and so far I've only bought one merc. Not great for me, because I always like to try every class in a game. Then there's the loadout cards, you can't choose weapons singularly, they come as a set loadout, which makes sense to me. The cases for them drop often and free and cheap if you want more. The chances of finding rare cards are actually quite high oddly enough. They seem to give you some small stat boosts, but this appears to be often offset by the loadout itself. So for example you can have a good silver card for sniper which lets him boosts his detection range and some explosive resistance, however the card might swap out his very strong smg for an okay but less useful revolver. That's my impression anyway. As for grinding for new mercs... probably fair compared to other games, but I don't like it and paying real life money for new mercs? Have fun, they are priced at £4.79 and some at £6.99 :56

There are some faults, like the objectves are really fiddly to use during the chaos making them a chore at times. However you've got to play this game. The movement and gunplay are solid, it is teamwork, timing, headshots and movement that are going to reward you in this game, and I like that a lot. Even with limited classes in play I can see the tug of taking a real nice shape. So I'm not going to say that this game is the best, but it has the potential to be really good free to play competitive shooter.

gb 
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2015, 21:07 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Alienware are giving out keys, just have to sign up and wait a few mins http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/ ... y-giveaway about 5800 left atm, they're going sort of quick.

If you missed that I have 3 keys to giveaway, just let me know.

gb 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015, 04:15 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Got a key - mad into TF2 atm, want to try KF2 and I've got some other stuff going on but I' do wanna give it a go when I get a chance :87

nl 
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015, 11:21 
Community slut (13473)
Hrrr I hate website owners.... "Sign in through steam", saint signs in through steam "Please create an Alienware account", DAFUQ DID YOU LET ME SIGN IN WITH STEAM FOR YER CUNTS!

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 00:49 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Sparks roll call

I mean yeah you can't run in and revive 2-3 people in a couple of seconds time like you can with Sawbonez but the distance rez is so shiny. GIEF :26

If you're not playing Dirty Bomb with us yet then go get it, this game is the shit :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 13:16 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Looks like a useful class, but not sure I would be keen on getting it myself. Depends how strong the revivor is against enemies, because otherwise her main weapon is basically a secondary :-14

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2015, 15:04 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Free Fragger keys, get em while they're hot :-11

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2015, 02:11 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Sparks is now on live - full patch notes here.
Quote:
-Revived players now spend a second getting-up before they can move
Haven't tried it out yet but this seems like a sensible change, revive trains are pretty ridiculous when you get them going.

Execution test weekend starts today! :4

gb 
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2015, 12:03 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Yep gonna have to try this, maybe assemble a team.

Sparks will probably be quite strong in this mode I would imagine. What irritates me about fighting her so far is she revives dead players behind you :(

gb 
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2015, 01:00 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Alienware case giveaway now on, ~6400 left when I got mine so they're not abundant, get em quickly.

Lots of worrying things going on in DB (introduction of aimpunch, current balance of the new merc) but not in the mood to write about that atm.

de 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 20:12 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
SPIN TO WIN! :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 22:26 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]Scatterbrain wrote:
Lots of worrying things going on in DB (introduction of aimpunch, current balance of the new merc) but not in the mood to write about that atm.
Well I'm not so sure that aimpunching is actually a bad change, it's subjective. I can't pretend to know how much of a difference it makes, but supression could be quite important in a game like this.

So I've been playing a lot with phantom and have also faced a lot of them whilst playing other classes. My opinion is that he undeniably powerful at the moment, but not overpowered. I feel at the moment it really depends on the players, because the ones who get mad in chat are the ones who aren't checking their back, are running around alone, or try to chase you into a spot you can just stab them. However it is incredibly difficult to crack a competent team, because not only will they actually look out for you, but they have eachothers back as soon as you move on or kill one of them. That's how I've been killing them while playing as medic who is usually vunerable, headshots kill their cloak very quickly. Also remember they're a regular speed class, once you're out their melee range you can kite them. Knife stabs are also quicker than the katana which helps. Heartbeat sensors will lock them down completely while in proximity, sentries and naders with martyr will also cause them problems.

The 90hp classes go down in one slow stab, and I think this pisses people off quite a bit. The thing is however that if they didn't die first hit they would win by default assuming they're on the same skill level as the phantom. Simply because they run faster and will always dodge a second strike or kill a phantom before they can change to a gun. When I started playing, it was auras and proxies who would run around seemingly unstoppable and instantly kill you while you struggle to land anything on them as they speed strafe around you. This simply doesn't happen anymore now that there are more mercs and people are better at the game.

As he is now (aside from spin to win macro :ugly:) he is a capable merc who I can see being used in competitive matchmaking without being destroyed as a silly gimmick class no one wants you to play. If they only just added the spy now in tf2 for example. There would be an uproar of people saying he's too easy, he kills too quick, he owns engineers, and well it does feel that way when you encounter spies when you're new to tf2. So I just hope that SD don't just give into a couple weeks of complaining and see how this merc plays out in the long game. I'm not certain about his balance, but what I can say confidently is that any significant nerf would just rule him out of even a mildly competent match.

gb 
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015, 23:12 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
No details yet but there's an update coming that will fine-tune Phantom, aimpunch and other issues. I'll wait and see what exactly the changes are but it's good that they're taking the feedback into account :5:

gb 
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2015, 17:07 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Oh boy!

Phantom really nerfed but probably still viable and less annoying to play against, no more insta-gibs from sniper headshots (edit: actually this is only from the auto-sniper thing, still gibs from the stock so meh), KEK-10 and Crotzni toned down: all great balance changes. Still not sure about how good an idea Phantom's design is in the first place but let's see if he's at least workable now. That and aimpunch reduced, being able to select a merc before you deploy at the start of the map (this was so annoying lol) and augments fixed. Only annoying thing is that there are now missions for playing in competitive games, I didn't want to touch those cos they're riddled with hackers, and I was hoping there would be some bugfixes for Sparks (maybe there are but they aren't listed?). Assuming that bigger changes like the Arty re-work are coming later, this is just a quick clean-up. Overall it's a sick patch :4

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 14:35 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Finally able to actually choose mercs before games. Can't believe this was even an issue.

Phantoms nerfs were fair but
Quote:
-Refractive Armor maximum recharge time increased to 10s (from 6s)
-Refractive Armor is now slightly more visible when Phantom is moving
I felt these two were sort of dumb. I thought short timer was a good idea because it meant you could attack, and try and survive until you can cloak and escape. Pretty important as your generally behind enemy lines. Now it's going to be closer to attack and then fight to the death or get lucky, which going to be annoying for both parties in a fight. Also the cloak was pretty visible as it was in my opinion. These two tweaks make me feel it's more of a knee jerk nerf just appease complaining, rather than just thought out balancing. They near enough nerfed every aspect of phantom in some way as a show?

I mean they chose a route of making most of the classes crazy powerful at what they do and then just nerf one of them? If people don't like getting instant cloak stabs, then how about no more cooked nades instantly killing you? Shotguns, proxy mines, sky beams? Just sort of had to learn to deal with them, it's dirty bomb.

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2015, 04:06 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So I played some games with phantom. I was playing with someone so it was just on regular level servers and yeah it's a significant nerf. Running with cloak is pretty crap, I seen it once and it was like a big silhouette running at me. When I use the cloak people always see me running, seems better when walking though, but well then you don't go very far. Not certain yet, but it feels as though a small number of shots will deplete the refractive armour. So basically you will lose your cloak if someone sees you and starts firing. Sometimes it's just better not to slow down to turn on the cloak and just use cover to close the distance.

Katana is a little retarded now. I feel in a game that if you've put a sword inside your enemy, then they should be taking damage from it. The animation for the katana is deceptive since the rework, it's not totally clear when during the animation it will do damage.

I found my biggest issue was ending every fight with not much health left, and not enough confidence in the refractive armour to make another play. The longer cooldown like I thought in my last post does force you into fights until you die or get lucky. Which sucks. I mean I was still getting a lot of kills with him, but honestly these were shit kills. I couldn't get into the positions I wanted to where I could help my team and crack the defense. It was just stabbing light/injured classes here and there, shooting some weak players. So still sort of fun I guess, but competitively speaking probably dead since the nerf. I mean sure you could do great stuff with him still, the katana is still a very strong melee and the cloak still helps, but honestly you would better help your team way more with another class.

So basically...
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
So I just hope that SD don't just give into a couple weeks of complaining and see how this merc plays out in the long game. I'm not certain about his balance, but what I can say confidently is that any significant nerf would just rule him out of even a mildly competent match.
Maybe too early to say it, but I guess he's just a gimmick class now? :(

gb 
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 23:58 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Did a quick lazy update to the OP.

So I'm not sure who follows this thread, I'm 100 hours deep so far and my biggest question is, where the fuck is the SpA stack at? So there's few things I would to like to share for anyone who still plays or is on the fence about it. At the moment the game just seems to be getting better as more mercs are working their way into games and countering eachother. A lot of things that seemed like a bad idea before, are making a lot of sense. I was excited for dirty bomb before, but it's definitley going to be a favourite shooter if they stay the way they're going.

So some info:

-Arty has been buffed and he is now everything you ever wanted him to be. +15% AoE radius, and the spotting is quick as it needs to be.

-If phantom upset you before, he is pretty much fodder now.

-Red Eye has been added, he is able to throw down smoke grenades and then use his ability to spot enemies through it and mark them for his team much like the heart beat sensor does for Vasili.

-Completing the objectives yourself seem to earn you more credits than I had presumed they did.

-Recent balancing has made it much less clear which smgs are best all round, which is cool.

-I'ts ocurred to me that the reason why the top of the M4 Skyhammer has is not effected by loadout cards or shares the same lightwarps and stuff is because I think it could be an attachment. I think they are allowing for scopes/sights to be added the game. Granted scopes aren't really a significant in a game like this, I have not been a fan of the iron sights at all, would prefer a laser dot or something.

-Sticky bombs will no longer catch player's feet lol

Mercs to be added:

-Thunder, similiar to Fragger but tankier and with concussion/flash nades.
-Phoenix, able to revive himself and seems to be able to passively heal teammates around him.
-Stoker, throws down incendiary nades and deploys ammo stations.
-Aimee(not sure about this one) A sniper that apparently has something similiar to the heart beat sensor except it works on movement instead.

gb 
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 15:54 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Haven't been in the mood for DB recently and I do complain about bits and pieces of the game on mumble but the core game rocks, I still highly recommend it to everyone here :5:

nl 
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2015, 20:45 
Community slut (13473)
I need to take some time to start playing this.

Maybe organize a game evening?

us 
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2015, 03:11 
If I can't figure out the performance issues I've been having with the game I won't be able to play. It seems that it lags quite a bit on pings over 90.

gb 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 15:09 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
So the new humble bundle is doing a dirty bomb promotion https://www.humblebundle.com/gamepedia_bundle

If you pay $1 you get 5 mercs (basically this) 50 credits (enough for any other merc) and two cases that ganrentee bronze skins or up. It's actually insanely good value, especially if you're new.

us 
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 23:06 
I take it this topic was bumped to say that the game is out of the closed beta and that they finally fixed the network issues? I hated playing at 80+ FPS and still feeling like I was going through a slideshow because my ping was over 50ms.

gb 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 12:54 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
I take it this topic was bumped to say that the game is out of the closed beta and that they finally fixed the network issues? I hated playing at 80+ FPS and still feeling like I was going through a slideshow because my ping was over 50ms.
err bumped to say you could get 5 mercs for a dollar, but no it's still in beta. The networking for me is actually really good, bullets go where I expect them to, I'm not being killed through corners and walls. I'm playing on EU servers though and haven't tried to play with high ping.

All I can suggest is troubleshooting it or reporting it, the devs do a bug fix/balance update every month. They plan to further optimize the game before release, hopefully this will include networking if it's broken for some people. Maybe the lag comp is very poor? Try rock bottoming your settings, even with a high fps it may still help.

us 
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 19:17 
[SpA]JuncoPartner wrote:
[SpA]AwesomeFriends wrote:
...All I can suggest is troubleshooting it or reporting it, the devs do a bug fix/balance update every month. They plan to further optimize the game before release, hopefully this will include networking if it's broken for some people. Maybe the lag comp is very poor? Try rock bottoming your settings, even with a high fps it may still help.
The thing with reporting the issue is that I've reported it countless times and update after update it's still a problem. I've tried all sorts of settings and it's still an issue. I guess it's just my luck and American Internet :ugly: