Multi-Gaming Community
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:28

All times are UTC+01:00

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 21:21 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
Last year Wildstar came out to a reception of "there's a great game in here somewhere but there's too many bugs and too little content to be worth playing for now" (broadly speaking). The hype of it being the new WoW-killer disappeared, subscriber numbers plummeted and it was generally forgotten about.

BUT! The devs have been busy bringing the game up to standard and a big content drop a couple of weeks ago has given it a big push in the right direction, to the point that people are saying that this is how the game should've been at launch, with more changes coming in the near future. This is a game that I'd been keeping an eye on and now that it's getting somewhere I'd love to give it a go with you guys.

Take a look at this - maybe it's just cos I tried WoW PvP and was put off by all the bullshit but to me this is fucking amazing (and with the upcoming patch that goes some ways to normalising PvP gear, is soon to be a reality)

Yes I have seen the Dunkey video :ugly:

From what I'm reading the population is picking up thanks to the free trial but it still takes a while to find group for low-level content. So if a few of us got together so we could do some low-level dungeons/maybe some arena/BGs at the cap that would be awesome :4

Wildstar is currently a subscription MMO, but I strongly suspect that it's going to go buy-to-play soon. There are already in-game microtransactions (for cosmetics etc, it's not pay-to-win), so they're halfway there already - and I think that with the next big content drop later this year they will drop the subscription model and do a really big "HEY WE FIXED OUR GAME GUISE!" marketing push to get people back in. In any case, you get your first month for you can buy subscription time with in-game currency (apparantly this is now "easier than ever" but I don't know exactly how easy that is :p)

But hey 10 DAYS FREE LETS DO IT :mrgreen:

gb 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 22:41 
Has no REAL life! (3714)
Probably not for me really, but I must the say the attacks look quite readable, especially in PvP. Which is pretty cool, considering they're usually just particle discos.

de 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 09:02 
Has no REAL life! (1669)
I dont find anything about a 10 days trial. Would probably buy it if they drop subscription and other people get it.

And now lets look at these simple steps you need to accomplish to be able to join raids :ugly: : http://www.tentonhammer.com/guide/wilds ... ment-guide

gb 
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 10:44 
Has no REAL life! (3493)
After you make an account on the Wildstar website it brings you to a page where you can download the free trial from (I think it's just in your acount page or something)

Attunement's been made much less of a headache with the new content drop. From what else I've read the biggest change is that the reputation bit is much less grindy than it used to be. I actually hadn't even considered raiding or trying to get attuned - levelling, PvP and random dungeoning was all I'd thought about - but hunting down world bosses in groups of 5 or so sounds pretty fun :5: